Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Any good steel toed shoe?

Posted by Trudy on 4/21/02 at 15:49 (080582)

I suffer from PF and must wear steel toed shoes at work.My Dr. has given me insoles for them which has helped a little bit.Anyone know of any good type of steel toed shoes? Are high top ones better than low ones?

Re: Any good steel toed shoe?

RACHAEL T. on 4/21/02 at 20:14 (080601)

I wear Ariat lace up riding boots for my job - I am a prof. horsetrainer & walk on cement barn aisles & sawdust/sand footing in our riding arena daily - which is a difficult task. Ariat, I do believe - makes a steel toed boot -- you might try their website or an Ariat dealer for info. I of course, tho', wear my custom orthotic in my Ariat boots. But, these may be a try! I wish you well!

Paula S on 4/23/02 at 14:45 (080843)

Trudy,
I also have to wear steel toed boots for my field work. I wear birkenstocks everywhere else, and had all but given up doing field work because of the boot situation (my work has been very understanding). I don't know if you are comfortable in Birks or not, but if you are, they make an insert specially designed for work boots. I tried it out last week and really liked it. My work boots are steel toed Timberlands, and the inserts fit well. The inserts are not the exact same feeling as the real birks, but they feel very supportive and a bit more cushiony than the regular sandals. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

Trudy on 4/24/02 at 11:22 (080947)

Thank you for the info.I will check out the inserts. I haven't tried Birks yet,but I have been looking at them on their website.

RACHAEL T. on 4/21/02 at 20:14 (080601)

I wear Ariat lace up riding boots for my job - I am a prof. horsetrainer & walk on cement barn aisles & sawdust/sand footing in our riding arena daily - which is a difficult task. Ariat, I do believe - makes a steel toed boot -- you might try their website or an Ariat dealer for info. I of course, tho', wear my custom orthotic in my Ariat boots. But, these may be a try! I wish you well!

Paula S on 4/23/02 at 14:45 (080843)

Trudy,
I also have to wear steel toed boots for my field work. I wear birkenstocks everywhere else, and had all but given up doing field work because of the boot situation (my work has been very understanding). I don't know if you are comfortable in Birks or not, but if you are, they make an insert specially designed for work boots. I tried it out last week and really liked it. My work boots are steel toed Timberlands, and the inserts fit well. The inserts are not the exact same feeling as the real birks, but they feel very supportive and a bit more cushiony than the regular sandals. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

Trudy on 4/24/02 at 11:22 (080947)

Thank you for the info.I will check out the inserts. I haven't tried Birks yet,but I have been looking at them on their website.