Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new foot pain post op

Posted by Jean M on 4/21/02 at 20:09 (080599)

Almost six weeks ago I had surgery on my post-tib tendon. The surgery that was performed was for removal of scar tissue on the post tib tendon and the FDL (the tendon that goes to the big toe) and there was also a nerve that was sort of stuck in the scar tissue (this is how it was described to me). Anyway I have been in a boot cast since the intitial ten days post op and only up to 40% weight bearing. Still using both crutches. Actually I had to back off to about 20% because the outside of my foot has been swelling every day. It looks like a club foot according to my PT. Because of this we have gone back to just gente movement and strethcing and doing nothing that hurts my foot. I also have an unusual sharp stabbing pain in the top center of my foot now if I put any weight on my foot. I am going in this week for a six week follow-up. My question is this, could I have injured my mid foot? The pain is very sharp and is in about the center of my foot. There is also a great deal of swelling on the top and outside of the foot now. It goes down with ice and elevation but is swollen by morning and gets worse through the day. I elevate and ice at least three times a day and am taking otc ibuprofen. Is there anything else I can do before my appointment. Thank you in advance for your assistance on this matter. Everyone here on the board has been wonderful in the past and I truly appreciate the Doctors that ahve been so helpful to so many sore feet.

Re: new foot pain post op

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/02 at 21:09 (080605)

Hi

This is a major tendon operation where there will be alot of swelling and alot of sharp shooting pain. Call you doctor to make sure that the posterior tendon is in place and not loose. Seems to me that the weight bearing is really too soon but not sure exactly not surgical procedure you had done.

Re: new foot pain post op

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/02 at 21:09 (080605)

Hi

This is a major tendon operation where there will be alot of swelling and alot of sharp shooting pain. Call you doctor to make sure that the posterior tendon is in place and not loose. Seems to me that the weight bearing is really too soon but not sure exactly not surgical procedure you had done.