Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BIRKS???

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 4/21/02 at 20:23 (080602)

I wear & love my Boston Birk Clogs. Unfortunately, the closest store that carries a supply of Birks is over 50 miles away. And, they don't have alot to choose from compared to 'online site' & catalogs. I am wondering, though, if anyone could advise info on the Tatami, Papillio, etc. insole of the shoe. I ask because.....upon wearing my work/riding boots daily & Birks at night in house, I sometimes, feel like I need a softer insole (as my feet get a different kind of sore from the hard insoles of the Bostons & of the Ariat boots). So, I try to resort to a sneaker...which is comfy at the moment - but not supportive enough & I pay for it the next day.....So, which insole of Birks do I need for those 'softer' days? Please advise. Thanks!

Re: BIRKS???

Carole C in NOLA on 4/21/02 at 22:54 (080617)

They do make a 'soft footbed' which you can get in the Arizona and maybe other styles. I tried it in the Arizona and it was indeed soft. They put the soft footbed Arizona on one foot and the regular footbed on the other to compare. The footbed was the same as the classic footbed but just softer. Personally I didn't like it because it was too soft/squishy, but Suzanne and others have posted that they like it.

Carole C

RACHAEL T. on 4/22/02 at 12:44 (080660)

I searched online site for soft footbeds & found what you were speaking about - & I shall order & give them a try....for those days when I need 'a soft feel' on the sole of my foot - which seems to be about every 3 days or so - after wearing hard boots & hard Birks Bostons. Thanks!

Re: soft footbed

Suzanne D on 4/22/02 at 14:14 (080676)

Yes, do give them a try! I have Arizonas and Bostons with the soft footbed, and that is what worked for me. Now, even they seem too hard sometimes, especially for walking very much, and I have started wearing the SAS walking shoes with the blue Birk inserts with them. (I feel like I have posted that over and over; sorry to the folks who have read that so many times!) :-)

The soft footbed still has the great arch support, so if your others are feeling too hard, I think you just might findthese good for you!

Good luck with them!

Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 4/22/02 at 16:58 (080703)

hi rachael,
i've been a birk convert ever since finding heelspurs.com in december 1999. the regular footbed works really well for me (and so does the tatami) -- but every now and then after a longer-than-usual day on my feet i need something softer. so i got the bostons (my favorites anyway) in the soft footbed, and they're just right for those days. i end up wearing them for a couple of hours at a time once every week or two -- they'd be too soft for me to wear all the time, but they're perfect for those short periods of needing a soft relief. i highly recommend them for that.
nancy

Chip on 4/23/02 at 10:43 (080810)

Betula with the original Birkenstock footbed has a Tennis shoe/ Sneaker out and it is great! Best Tennis shoe I have ever worn. It is very functional on the court and provides an EVA mid-sole that is soft yet firm. Best buy I ever made in footwear! Betula USA 1-888-287-2302.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/21/02 at 22:54 (080617)

They do make a 'soft footbed' which you can get in the Arizona and maybe other styles. I tried it in the Arizona and it was indeed soft. They put the soft footbed Arizona on one foot and the regular footbed on the other to compare. The footbed was the same as the classic footbed but just softer. Personally I didn't like it because it was too soft/squishy, but Suzanne and others have posted that they like it.

Carole C

RACHAEL T. on 4/22/02 at 12:44 (080660)

I searched online site for soft footbeds & found what you were speaking about - & I shall order & give them a try....for those days when I need 'a soft feel' on the sole of my foot - which seems to be about every 3 days or so - after wearing hard boots & hard Birks Bostons. Thanks!

Re: soft footbed

Suzanne D on 4/22/02 at 14:14 (080676)

Yes, do give them a try! I have Arizonas and Bostons with the soft footbed, and that is what worked for me. Now, even they seem too hard sometimes, especially for walking very much, and I have started wearing the SAS walking shoes with the blue Birk inserts with them. (I feel like I have posted that over and over; sorry to the folks who have read that so many times!) :-)

The soft footbed still has the great arch support, so if your others are feeling too hard, I think you just might findthese good for you!

Good luck with them!

Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 4/22/02 at 16:58 (080703)

hi rachael,
i've been a birk convert ever since finding heelspurs.com in december 1999. the regular footbed works really well for me (and so does the tatami) -- but every now and then after a longer-than-usual day on my feet i need something softer. so i got the bostons (my favorites anyway) in the soft footbed, and they're just right for those days. i end up wearing them for a couple of hours at a time once every week or two -- they'd be too soft for me to wear all the time, but they're perfect for those short periods of needing a soft relief. i highly recommend them for that.
nancy

Chip on 4/23/02 at 10:43 (080810)

Betula with the original Birkenstock footbed has a Tennis shoe/ Sneaker out and it is great! Best Tennis shoe I have ever worn. It is very functional on the court and provides an EVA mid-sole that is soft yet firm. Best buy I ever made in footwear! Betula USA 1-888-287-2302.