Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Naot shoes

Posted by lholland on 4/22/02 at 13:43 (080665)

hi everyone,

I have been wearing Danskos during the day, and Birks in the evening for several months, and I feel that they contributed substantially to the healing of my PF. In the last few weeks they have felt to hard. It hurt when I stood for a while, or just walked for a bit. Not a PF type hurt, but a hurt that reminded me of why I could never wear clogs before. They were to hard. Which to me means I must be getting well!

On my quest to find a good looking,(I know that's a relative term), very supportive shoe with a good arch support, I found Naot shoes. I bought the 'Gia'. They are obviously 'the shoe' for me. I have barley taken them off since I bought them. I tried on several but I knew instantly that these were for me. They have a slight heel, which I need.

Anyway...I just wanted to pass on my experience with Naot shoes just in case it might benefit someone else. I think I'll sleep in them tonite..lol

This website was a god send to me. You have no idea how much it has helped me...Thank you all!

Lalon

Re: Thanks for the information about Naot shoes!

Carole C on 4/22/02 at 16:07 (080691)

I know what you mean! Since my (near) recovery from PF, my Birkenstocks feel hard too. They still feel great if I am lounging around the house, but they feel awfully hard if I try to wear them out of the house. I think in my case the reason is that I am walking many times further than I did when my PF was bad, so my feet are getting a lot more pounding.

Thank you for your report on Naot shoes! I will definitely keep this in the back of my mind. I have been alternating between New Balance and SAs shoes when I go out of the house, because it still seems to help to wear different shoes now and then.

I agree about this website. I'd probably be completely disabled and miserable instead of nearly well and happy, if it weren't for the advice and support I have found here.

Carole C

Re: Naot shoes

Suzanne D on 4/22/02 at 16:14 (080693)

Yes, I have felt the same way about the Birks: that they are too hard for much walking now. That has been frustrating for me, but I like your idea that it means we must be getting well!!

I typed in Naot shoes and found this site which not only has Naot but many of the other brands that have been mentioned on this board before - Danskos, Mephistos, etc.

http://www.pegasusshoes.com/?source=OVERTUREnaotshoes

Unfortunately for me, I read that one should order one size larger in Naots than Birks. I wear 42 in the Birk Arizona, but my Bostons and Annapolis are both 43. All the Naots I clicked on only were available through a 42, so I guess they are out for me.

I hope the above website works and that it helps someone!

Suzanne :-)

lholland on 4/22/02 at 22:38 (080760)

Suzanne,

I wear a 41 in Birks, and I bought a 42 in Naots. How about mens styles? have you looked at them? I haven't looked at the mens shoes, but that might be a possibility.

Lalon

Re: New Balance shoes

lholland on 4/22/02 at 22:41 (080761)

I bought a pair of NB shoes not long ago. 1220's. paid a fortune for them...But they hurt my feet after 20 minutes. I had to take them back. Think I just got the wrong style, or perhaps its NB in general?

thanks

Lalon

Carole C in NOLA on 4/22/02 at 23:27 (080763)

Could be either or both. I got 854's (a motion control shoe) and exchanged them for 879's (a cushioning shoe). They were pretty different, but in both cases I don't think you could wear the shoe successfully unless your foot and gait were right for it. A lot of NB shoes are made for overpronators, so if you overpronate you may be in heaven but if you don't you need to be choosy.

If you decide to try New Balance again, here's some advice given to me by others. Try going to a running store that has expert help, if you can find one. Then get their advice. Once you have the best shoe figured out, see if you can walk around inside, and outside, and get used to the shoe for a half hour or so. Tell them you have foot problems and they might be more patient.

Carole C

Chip on 4/23/02 at 10:44 (080812)

Betula with the original Birkenstock footbed has a Tennis shoe/ Sneaker out and it is great! Best Tennis shoe I have ever worn. It is very functional on the court and provides an EVA mid-sole that is soft yet firm. Best buy I ever made in footwear! Betula USA 1-888-287-2302.

Re: Thanks for the information about Naot shoes!

Carole C on 4/22/02 at 16:07 (080691)

I know what you mean! Since my (near) recovery from PF, my Birkenstocks feel hard too. They still feel great if I am lounging around the house, but they feel awfully hard if I try to wear them out of the house. I think in my case the reason is that I am walking many times further than I did when my PF was bad, so my feet are getting a lot more pounding.

Thank you for your report on Naot shoes! I will definitely keep this in the back of my mind. I have been alternating between New Balance and SAs shoes when I go out of the house, because it still seems to help to wear different shoes now and then.

I agree about this website. I'd probably be completely disabled and miserable instead of nearly well and happy, if it weren't for the advice and support I have found here.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 4/22/02 at 16:14 (080693)

Yes, I have felt the same way about the Birks: that they are too hard for much walking now. That has been frustrating for me, but I like your idea that it means we must be getting well!!

I typed in Naot shoes and found this site which not only has Naot but many of the other brands that have been mentioned on this board before - Danskos, Mephistos, etc.

http://www.pegasusshoes.com/?source=OVERTUREnaotshoes

Unfortunately for me, I read that one should order one size larger in Naots than Birks. I wear 42 in the Birk Arizona, but my Bostons and Annapolis are both 43. All the Naots I clicked on only were available through a 42, so I guess they are out for me.

I hope the above website works and that it helps someone!

Suzanne :-)

lholland on 4/22/02 at 22:38 (080760)

Suzanne,

I wear a 41 in Birks, and I bought a 42 in Naots. How about mens styles? have you looked at them? I haven't looked at the mens shoes, but that might be a possibility.

Lalon

lholland on 4/22/02 at 22:41 (080761)

I bought a pair of NB shoes not long ago. 1220's. paid a fortune for them...But they hurt my feet after 20 minutes. I had to take them back. Think I just got the wrong style, or perhaps its NB in general?

thanks

Lalon

Carole C in NOLA on 4/22/02 at 23:27 (080763)

Could be either or both. I got 854's (a motion control shoe) and exchanged them for 879's (a cushioning shoe). They were pretty different, but in both cases I don't think you could wear the shoe successfully unless your foot and gait were right for it. A lot of NB shoes are made for overpronators, so if you overpronate you may be in heaven but if you don't you need to be choosy.

If you decide to try New Balance again, here's some advice given to me by others. Try going to a running store that has expert help, if you can find one. Then get their advice. Once you have the best shoe figured out, see if you can walk around inside, and outside, and get used to the shoe for a half hour or so. Tell them you have foot problems and they might be more patient.

Carole C

Chip on 4/23/02 at 10:44 (080812)

Betula with the original Birkenstock footbed has a Tennis shoe/ Sneaker out and it is great! Best Tennis shoe I have ever worn. It is very functional on the court and provides an EVA mid-sole that is soft yet firm. Best buy I ever made in footwear! Betula USA 1-888-287-2302.