Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am finally here to give a post op report....

Posted by Crystal S on 4/23/02 at 02:23 (080764)

Hi Everyone,
I am finally here to give a post op report.It has been to hard to sit on the computer much due to swelling discomfort.I had my scar tissue excision and PF surgery redone on March 10th. Everything went very well. When my doctor opened up my old incision on the lateral side he said that there was alot of scar tissue but fortunately it wasn't to deep.He cleaned it all out and did not see any entrapped nerves.Thank goodness for that.He had told me prior to the surgery that if there were any entrapped nerves that he would have to just cut them out and leave me with numbness because there was no way to clean them up.So I got lucky on that part.As for the medial side,which is the side where the majority of the pain was.It was a mess.My doctor said there was an enormous amount of scar tissue and that the fascia had rejoined with scar tissue.He removed a piece that was 9cm or mm (I can't remember which it was) thick.He said the normal size of the fascia is like 2 cm or mm.They think that was definately the cause of my pain.My doctor also said that where my previous doctor had not put me in a boot walker or cast and did not have me non-weightbearing with the last surgery that he felt that was the reason for the excessive scar tissue and fascia regrowth.So now I am totally non-weightbearing and in a wheelchair for 6 weeks.It has been 12 days now and boy is it rough to not be able to walk.I had pretty bad pain immediately following surgery but since then the pain is very minimal.I am still having trouble with swelling but not as bad as it was.I have put some weight on my toes when I go to the bathroom or get into bed and it has made my calf muscle extremely sore but my foot doesn't really hurt.The incisions are pretty big.One has about 15 stitches and the other is almost as big.They are still pretty sore.I do have to say that the pain that I had prior to surgery is gone.I can actually put weight on my foot and it doesn't hurt much but I am being good and not doing that.I certainly don't want to do anything to jeopardize my recovery and I do not want a repeat of the scar tissue buildup.I am very optimistic that this is going to be a success but I know I have months to go before I will really know.I hope everyone is well and painfree.I am still trying to read the boards when I can and I will keep everyone posted as I recover.

Crystal

Re: I am finally here to give a post op report....

Sharon W on 4/23/02 at 07:04 (080767)

Crystal,

My thoughts will be with you for a successful and complete recovery.

-- Sharon

Laurie R on 4/23/02 at 11:27 (080822)

Dear Crystal , Thank you for your update , I am glad your doctor saw what was causing your pain . I know it is hard to just sit around , but you sound like you have the right attitude , try to stay positive .... I wish you a speedy recovery .... I will be having foor and ankle surgery in two weeks.... I will be in the same place you are right now . I am not one to sit or lay around . But I promised myself and my doctor's that I would do whatever it took to get better. I have been dealing with this for almost three years now . I am so ready to move on....

Take care , if you would like someone to talk to while you are recovering , please feel free to email me anytime . (email removed)

Laurie R

Pam B on 4/23/02 at 13:12 (080832)

Well now I think I am at the right posting........:) I screwed up a minute ago with another infamous blonde moment......so here I go trying it again........
WOOHOO.......Crystal is on the mend........prayers do get answered......just wanted you to know that after all you been through this year, I am very excited to hear that you are doing so well.......now, just stay off your feet and on your butt woman :)

Crystal S on 4/24/02 at 09:57 (080934)

Hi Laurie,
Thank you so much for your kind words.It is definitely hard to keep my butt in this chair and off of my feet but it will be worth it in the long run.I am sorry that your surgery had to be postponed.I have faith that you will have a wonderful outcome though.I will definitely email you.

Blessings,
Crystal

Crystal S on 4/24/02 at 09:58 (080935)

Sharon,
Thanks so much for the encouragement.It is hard but will be worth it in the long run.

Blessings,
Crystal

Crystal S on 4/24/02 at 10:00 (080936)

YES Mommy Dearest!!! LOL!! You know I love ya Pam! I am in my chair I promise. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.You are truly a beautiful person.

Love,
Crystal

Sharon W on 4/23/02 at 07:04 (080767)

Crystal,

My thoughts will be with you for a successful and complete recovery.

-- Sharon

Laurie R on 4/23/02 at 11:27 (080822)

Dear Crystal , Thank you for your update , I am glad your doctor saw what was causing your pain . I know it is hard to just sit around , but you sound like you have the right attitude , try to stay positive .... I wish you a speedy recovery .... I will be having foor and ankle surgery in two weeks.... I will be in the same place you are right now . I am not one to sit or lay around . But I promised myself and my doctor's that I would do whatever it took to get better. I have been dealing with this for almost three years now . I am so ready to move on....

Take care , if you would like someone to talk to while you are recovering , please feel free to email me anytime . (email removed)

Laurie R

Pam B on 4/23/02 at 13:12 (080832)

Well now I think I am at the right posting........:) I screwed up a minute ago with another infamous blonde moment......so here I go trying it again........
WOOHOO.......Crystal is on the mend........prayers do get answered......just wanted you to know that after all you been through this year, I am very excited to hear that you are doing so well.......now, just stay off your feet and on your butt woman :)

Crystal S on 4/24/02 at 09:57 (080934)

Hi Laurie,
Thank you so much for your kind words.It is definitely hard to keep my butt in this chair and off of my feet but it will be worth it in the long run.I am sorry that your surgery had to be postponed.I have faith that you will have a wonderful outcome though.I will definitely email you.

Blessings,
Crystal

Crystal S on 4/24/02 at 09:58 (080935)

Sharon,
Thanks so much for the encouragement.It is hard but will be worth it in the long run.

Blessings,
Crystal

Crystal S on 4/24/02 at 10:00 (080936)

YES Mommy Dearest!!! LOL!! You know I love ya Pam! I am in my chair I promise. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend.You are truly a beautiful person.

Love,
Crystal