Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carole C and all computer users.....

Posted by Carmen on 4/23/02 at 16:12 (080857)

Check this out....this will be good for anyone at the computer a lot.
I have the 1550 model..it's not shown but is very similar to the listed foot rests......
Helps keep feet in neutral position so while you're at the desk your feet don't dangle and keeps the fascia stretched as long as you sit with your feet flat.
http://www.logoproducts.cc/office/sunway7.html

Re: Carole C and all computer users.....

Carole C in NOLA on 4/23/02 at 16:24 (080860)

I like that one! Here are some more that I've been looking at:

http://www.alimed.com/product_list.cfm?VMID=2&CategoryID=212

There's even one with massaging balls (!) and the one called 'Ergostretch' looks really neat too. Decisions, decisions!

I'm also thinking of getting some THICK carpet or a rubber mat or something to put under my desk, because our carpet at work is nearly as thin as a cotton sundress and under it is some very very hard floor. I think I might be able to get my employer to purchase the footrest, though not the carpet.

Carole C

Carmen on 4/23/02 at 17:19 (080871)

That first one is exactly like mine. I would recommend one that moves and adjusts so you are not always in a slanted position....
wouldn't that be a dream if he bought you CARPET!!!??
tell him to stop off at my place with the leftovers!
just kidding...as I work at home my office is carpeted...:-)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/23/02 at 17:46 (080874)

Oh! I didn't realize that they were the same. That's a lot better, with the tilting and rocking. It might be just exactly what I need.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance that Uncle Sam is going to buy me carpet, because I work in a cubicle environment. I might be able to sneak a small piece of carpet, maybe a 3'x4' remnant, under my desk though where it is not visible. I could get something like that for a few bucks, since the color doesn't matter.

This ergonomics talk that we had at work may end up helping my PF in the long run! LOL

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 4/23/02 at 16:24 (080860)

I like that one! Here are some more that I've been looking at:

http://www.alimed.com/product_list.cfm?VMID=2&CategoryID=212

There's even one with massaging balls (!) and the one called 'Ergostretch' looks really neat too. Decisions, decisions!

I'm also thinking of getting some THICK carpet or a rubber mat or something to put under my desk, because our carpet at work is nearly as thin as a cotton sundress and under it is some very very hard floor. I think I might be able to get my employer to purchase the footrest, though not the carpet.

Carole C

Carmen on 4/23/02 at 17:19 (080871)

That first one is exactly like mine. I would recommend one that moves and adjusts so you are not always in a slanted position....
wouldn't that be a dream if he bought you CARPET!!!??
tell him to stop off at my place with the leftovers!
just kidding...as I work at home my office is carpeted...:-)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/23/02 at 17:46 (080874)

Oh! I didn't realize that they were the same. That's a lot better, with the tilting and rocking. It might be just exactly what I need.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance that Uncle Sam is going to buy me carpet, because I work in a cubicle environment. I might be able to sneak a small piece of carpet, maybe a 3'x4' remnant, under my desk though where it is not visible. I could get something like that for a few bucks, since the color doesn't matter.

This ergonomics talk that we had at work may end up helping my PF in the long run! LOL

Carole C