Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nothins helping

Posted by Marie P on 4/24/02 at 04:53 (080911)

don't want to go the surgery again
ice makes them ache extremely bad,thinks theres a bit of arthritis in there now as well
stretching hurts
feel like it's getting to me
venting frustration

Re: nothins helping

Valerie S on 4/24/02 at 06:42 (080916)

Hi Marie,

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. It sounds like you've really been through the wringer with your PF. You are not the only one who just needs to vent, and we are always here for just that... and to try to help each other.

How long has it been since your surgery? Have you read the heel pain book, located at this site? You'll find great advice there and from the people on this board. Most of us have harder to treat cases of PF and can really relate to the frustration you are feeling. If you ever need a friend, please feel free to email me at valerah @ yahoo. com . I have had PF for over 18 months now, and although I am doing better, I am still struggling to get to 100% and experiencing setback after setback. The nature of PF is so frustrating, humiliating and depressing sometimes, I just literally DO still break down and cry.

Just wanted you to know you are NOT alone, and you will always find friends here. Do try to take care of yourself.

Your friend, Val.

Carole C on 4/24/02 at 08:49 (080929)

If stretching hurts, you need to do it more gently. Try just sitting on your bed with your legs stretched out in front of you, and pointing your toes towards your nose. Hold for 10 seconds when you first start doing this, with a goal of 30 seconds. If it hurts, don't point so forcefully.

Hope this helps! As Valerie says, we do care.

Carole C

Ellen J. on 4/25/02 at 18:48 (081125)

Hi,
As Carole mentioned, it is important to stretch very gently. I had been reinjuring myself repeatedly by stretching too much and once I started being much more gentle I began to get better. I found out that if I even felt tiny twinges or a slight pulling sensation in the arch or heel, that was too much stretching. What I do now is; when I reinjure myself I wait until the pain subsides and then begin tiny little stretches like the kind Carole mentioned. It is so important that there be no pain in the stretches.
I hope you can start feeling better soon,
Ellen J.

Carmen on 4/26/02 at 18:50 (081240)

Are you sure it's just PF?

Marie P on 4/29/02 at 06:33 (081555)

thanks for the response
i had both of my achilles operated on at the start of the last olympics,so used to sit at work with the feet up on a seat (trying not to stand on them) but with being a small business owner who can't afford to get someone in to answer phones etc. i had to do it. Doctor didn't want me to walk at all but what are you supposed to do if both feet are bandaged. Thinking of going back to see him soon.

Marie P on 4/29/02 at 06:36 (081556)

any suggestions of what else to look for
have seen the xrays of both heels and can see spurs, surgery helped but the pain is returning now as bad nearly as pre surgery
problem is having achilles tendonitis as well, it seems that what feels good for one ailment agravates other

Carmen on 4/30/02 at 08:48 (081746)

Well if you can see the spurs it's more than likely pf.

Valerie S on 4/24/02 at 06:42 (080916)

Hi Marie,

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. It sounds like you've really been through the wringer with your PF. You are not the only one who just needs to vent, and we are always here for just that... and to try to help each other.

How long has it been since your surgery? Have you read the heel pain book, located at this site? You'll find great advice there and from the people on this board. Most of us have harder to treat cases of PF and can really relate to the frustration you are feeling. If you ever need a friend, please feel free to email me at valerah @ yahoo. com . I have had PF for over 18 months now, and although I am doing better, I am still struggling to get to 100% and experiencing setback after setback. The nature of PF is so frustrating, humiliating and depressing sometimes, I just literally DO still break down and cry.

Just wanted you to know you are NOT alone, and you will always find friends here. Do try to take care of yourself.

Your friend, Val.

Carole C on 4/24/02 at 08:49 (080929)

If stretching hurts, you need to do it more gently. Try just sitting on your bed with your legs stretched out in front of you, and pointing your toes towards your nose. Hold for 10 seconds when you first start doing this, with a goal of 30 seconds. If it hurts, don't point so forcefully.

Hope this helps! As Valerie says, we do care.

Carole C

Ellen J. on 4/25/02 at 18:48 (081125)

Hi,
As Carole mentioned, it is important to stretch very gently. I had been reinjuring myself repeatedly by stretching too much and once I started being much more gentle I began to get better. I found out that if I even felt tiny twinges or a slight pulling sensation in the arch or heel, that was too much stretching. What I do now is; when I reinjure myself I wait until the pain subsides and then begin tiny little stretches like the kind Carole mentioned. It is so important that there be no pain in the stretches.
I hope you can start feeling better soon,
Ellen J.

Carmen on 4/26/02 at 18:50 (081240)

Are you sure it's just PF?

Marie P on 4/29/02 at 06:33 (081555)

thanks for the response
i had both of my achilles operated on at the start of the last olympics,so used to sit at work with the feet up on a seat (trying not to stand on them) but with being a small business owner who can't afford to get someone in to answer phones etc. i had to do it. Doctor didn't want me to walk at all but what are you supposed to do if both feet are bandaged. Thinking of going back to see him soon.

Marie P on 4/29/02 at 06:36 (081556)

any suggestions of what else to look for
have seen the xrays of both heels and can see spurs, surgery helped but the pain is returning now as bad nearly as pre surgery
problem is having achilles tendonitis as well, it seems that what feels good for one ailment agravates other

Carmen on 4/30/02 at 08:48 (081746)

Well if you can see the spurs it's more than likely pf.