Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie

Posted by wendyn on 4/24/02 at 13:27 (080956)

Is that you? Are you back!? We have missed you! Well, I have!

Re: Julie

Julie on 4/24/02 at 13:38 (080959)

Hi Wendy, yes, it's me and I'm back from an absolutely wonderful two weeks of walking and swimming in Crete. Thanks for missing me! That's good to hear. How are you?

Carmen on 4/24/02 at 13:43 (080960)

ME too! I bet it was sooo nice! Was it warm and peaceful???

Julie on 4/24/02 at 15:29 (080976)

Thanks Carmen. Yes, it was lovely. Warm most of the time, but comfortable for walking. Sunny most of the time. Windy a lot of the time. Invigorating and refreshing. Totally peaceful. My favourite place in the world. Not that I know much of the world: I keep going back to the same place.

Re: Welcome back, Julie!

Suzanne D on 4/24/02 at 16:28 (080982)

It's always good to see your name on the board, Julie!

Suzanne :-)

Tammie on 4/24/02 at 16:44 (080987)

I am so very glad to hear that you are BACK safe and sound and well rested I hope! I am eager to tell you I have been working on myself alot lately and am proud to say I feel calmer and more in control! Now before you get to excited lol I have a very long road to go and I know a lot of rough areas ahead. But for the time being I feel emotionaly rested and ready to take on the next hurdle! One day and one step at a time is working for me! In back of my mind I know that may 20 (my dr. appt .) will mean a lot to me and I want to be INVOLVED with and be able to take a part of my care and know what is going on! Julie thank you so very much for the hand holding and the nudging and helping me find the road that is the best one! I have so many friends here to be Thankful for , I cant begin to thank everyone as you all had a part in keeping me in this fight for better feet, and finding answers! A very warm welcome home hug goes to you from a very grateful friend!

Laurie R on 4/24/02 at 22:47 (081033)

A BIG hello to Julie , I sure have missed you so much . I am so glad you had a great trip , like I said I wish I could of went with you ... Great to have you back .... Much love always , Laurie R

wendyn on 4/24/02 at 23:46 (081036)

I am well - and very glad that you have returned.

Julie on 4/25/02 at 03:51 (081040)

Thanks, everyone, for the lovely warm welcome.

Tammie, you sound good. Keep it up. One step, one day at a time is always best, I think.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/25/02 at 12:07 (081091)

Julie, what fun it must have been for you to return to Crete. Did you wear your Northface Targas for most of the walking?

I'll bet that sea was SPARKLING deep blue. Do you ever paint when you are there? I am not an artist but a place like Crete could make me one. I was only there once, for a week, back in the 1970's. It's unlikely that I'll ever go back, but if I return some day I'll take some art supplies and stay a few weeks like you did.

Carole C

Re: Crete

Julie on 4/25/02 at 16:14 (081113)

Carole, it was only two weeks, alas. I'd have loved more. Crete is wonderful, and feels now, after 20 years of going there for holidays, like my second home. My dream for the future is to be able to spend more time there. But I'd have to cut back on teaching, and I'm not ready to do that yet (and can't foresee being so in the foreseeable future).

The sea is every imagineable shade of blue - deep blue, light blue, blue-green, and everything in between. On cloudy days it's steely silvery grey. But always sparking. It's the Libyan Sea (the next land is Africa) and for me it's the most beautiful sea in the world. Swimming in it is invigorating, refreshing, revitalising, restorative - especially in April, when it has had all winter to get cold and is as cold as it ever gets.

No, I don't paint - I leave that to my husband, who is a painter. I spend all my time practising yoga, swimming, and walking (yes, you've got it, in my North Face Targas).

Where did you go in the 1970s? That was long before the tourist invasion, and it must have been lovely wherever you went. There have been many changes since then, and now there are lots of places, especially along the north coast, to avoid like the plague. But there are still peaceful, remote places along the south coast, where I go, the far west, and the far east - and of course the mountains never change.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/25/02 at 19:00 (081126)

Julie, it sounds so peaceful and beautiful, still! My visit there was in August of 1972, but it was only for a few days. We drove around the coast, but beyond that I don't remember any particular locations; just a house here, a simple church there, the sea. It was lovely, and the countryside was quite rural and peaceful. I'm glad your husband paints! It's so beautiful there.

Carole C

Julie on 4/24/02 at 13:38 (080959)

Hi Wendy, yes, it's me and I'm back from an absolutely wonderful two weeks of walking and swimming in Crete. Thanks for missing me! That's good to hear. How are you?

Carmen on 4/24/02 at 13:43 (080960)

ME too! I bet it was sooo nice! Was it warm and peaceful???

Julie on 4/24/02 at 15:29 (080976)

Thanks Carmen. Yes, it was lovely. Warm most of the time, but comfortable for walking. Sunny most of the time. Windy a lot of the time. Invigorating and refreshing. Totally peaceful. My favourite place in the world. Not that I know much of the world: I keep going back to the same place.

Suzanne D on 4/24/02 at 16:28 (080982)

It's always good to see your name on the board, Julie!

Suzanne :-)

Tammie on 4/24/02 at 16:44 (080987)

I am so very glad to hear that you are BACK safe and sound and well rested I hope! I am eager to tell you I have been working on myself alot lately and am proud to say I feel calmer and more in control! Now before you get to excited lol I have a very long road to go and I know a lot of rough areas ahead. But for the time being I feel emotionaly rested and ready to take on the next hurdle! One day and one step at a time is working for me! In back of my mind I know that may 20 (my dr. appt .) will mean a lot to me and I want to be INVOLVED with and be able to take a part of my care and know what is going on! Julie thank you so very much for the hand holding and the nudging and helping me find the road that is the best one! I have so many friends here to be Thankful for , I cant begin to thank everyone as you all had a part in keeping me in this fight for better feet, and finding answers! A very warm welcome home hug goes to you from a very grateful friend!

Laurie R on 4/24/02 at 22:47 (081033)

A BIG hello to Julie , I sure have missed you so much . I am so glad you had a great trip , like I said I wish I could of went with you ... Great to have you back .... Much love always , Laurie R

wendyn on 4/24/02 at 23:46 (081036)

I am well - and very glad that you have returned.

Julie on 4/25/02 at 03:51 (081040)

Thanks, everyone, for the lovely warm welcome.

Tammie, you sound good. Keep it up. One step, one day at a time is always best, I think.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/25/02 at 12:07 (081091)

Julie, what fun it must have been for you to return to Crete. Did you wear your Northface Targas for most of the walking?

I'll bet that sea was SPARKLING deep blue. Do you ever paint when you are there? I am not an artist but a place like Crete could make me one. I was only there once, for a week, back in the 1970's. It's unlikely that I'll ever go back, but if I return some day I'll take some art supplies and stay a few weeks like you did.

Carole C

Julie on 4/25/02 at 16:14 (081113)

Carole, it was only two weeks, alas. I'd have loved more. Crete is wonderful, and feels now, after 20 years of going there for holidays, like my second home. My dream for the future is to be able to spend more time there. But I'd have to cut back on teaching, and I'm not ready to do that yet (and can't foresee being so in the foreseeable future).

The sea is every imagineable shade of blue - deep blue, light blue, blue-green, and everything in between. On cloudy days it's steely silvery grey. But always sparking. It's the Libyan Sea (the next land is Africa) and for me it's the most beautiful sea in the world. Swimming in it is invigorating, refreshing, revitalising, restorative - especially in April, when it has had all winter to get cold and is as cold as it ever gets.

No, I don't paint - I leave that to my husband, who is a painter. I spend all my time practising yoga, swimming, and walking (yes, you've got it, in my North Face Targas).

Where did you go in the 1970s? That was long before the tourist invasion, and it must have been lovely wherever you went. There have been many changes since then, and now there are lots of places, especially along the north coast, to avoid like the plague. But there are still peaceful, remote places along the south coast, where I go, the far west, and the far east - and of course the mountains never change.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/25/02 at 19:00 (081126)

Julie, it sounds so peaceful and beautiful, still! My visit there was in August of 1972, but it was only for a few days. We drove around the coast, but beyond that I don't remember any particular locations; just a house here, a simple church there, the sea. It was lovely, and the countryside was quite rural and peaceful. I'm glad your husband paints! It's so beautiful there.

Carole C