Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

INSOLES

Posted by Rosario M. on 4/24/02 at 14:19 (080964)

Where can i purchase insoles for my shoes, especially my running shoes.
I walk on the outside my feet. Meaning pigeon toed. And when i run i tend to feel unbalanced, almost like I'm going to trip!!!! How can I remedy this, with out quitting my training.

Re: INSOLES

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/24/02 at 21:27 (081022)

Hi Roasrio:

Very simple see your local podiatrist. They will either scan your feet or plaster cast your feet for insoles. If you go to our website in the technology section there is Foot Maxx which is a computerized scan for orthotics.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Richard, C.Ped on 4/25/02 at 10:06 (081075)

Hi Rosario,
I would suggest using this link: http://cpeds.org/MEMBERS/SEARCH.CFM
to find a pedorthist in your area.

I have seen quite a few athletes with the same condition. I have a few suggestions that may help. Of course, without seeing you, it is impossible to give you the most accurate answer to your question.

A standard custom orthosis may do the trick. If you are toeing in, there are other options as well. You may be able to have your shoe modified with a certain type of rocker bottom from the ball to the toe of the shoe. This will basically manipulate you and allow you to toe off in a more even fashion. Also, wedges that are properly placed either inside the shoe, or built into the sole can be a lot less expensive way to help your gait than custom orthotics. If you do not have any pain in your foot and ankle, this may be the way to go. Talk to as many C.Peds in your area, or even out of your area and ask them what they think. Do not go with the first opinion.

If you have any questions about the answeres or information you receive, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Good luck!!!
Richard, C.Ped

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/24/02 at 21:27 (081022)

Hi Roasrio:

Very simple see your local podiatrist. They will either scan your feet or plaster cast your feet for insoles. If you go to our website in the technology section there is Foot Maxx which is a computerized scan for orthotics.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Richard, C.Ped on 4/25/02 at 10:06 (081075)

Hi Rosario,
I would suggest using this link: http://cpeds.org/MEMBERS/SEARCH.CFM
to find a pedorthist in your area.

I have seen quite a few athletes with the same condition. I have a few suggestions that may help. Of course, without seeing you, it is impossible to give you the most accurate answer to your question.

A standard custom orthosis may do the trick. If you are toeing in, there are other options as well. You may be able to have your shoe modified with a certain type of rocker bottom from the ball to the toe of the shoe. This will basically manipulate you and allow you to toe off in a more even fashion. Also, wedges that are properly placed either inside the shoe, or built into the sole can be a lot less expensive way to help your gait than custom orthotics. If you do not have any pain in your foot and ankle, this may be the way to go. Talk to as many C.Peds in your area, or even out of your area and ask them what they think. Do not go with the first opinion.

If you have any questions about the answeres or information you receive, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Good luck!!!
Richard, C.Ped