Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carmen is frustrated

Posted by Carmen on 4/24/02 at 16:19 (080979)

grr. It's not often that I think negatively about this PF...it's a bear and I know it but darnot...I wish it would make up it's mind! NO pain one day....stinging ick the next. level one pain one day...toe hurts the next.
It aggravates me. ugh.
okay...I'm done now.
;o>

Re: Better days are coming

Tammie on 4/24/02 at 16:38 (080984)

Carmen , Sorry that the pf and the foot deal is getting to you! It is and can be so irritating to not know what is going on for sure! You are doing great I admire your courage and your persistance! You keep looking and searching for the answers, while sharing what you find among us here! That is wonderful as you are full of information! So what is your next move if I might ask? Keep you hope up and remember persistance brings answers, but also we all might be honorary foot dr.s when this is all over! I cannot beleive the stuff on all of this foot stuff it is like everywhere. I read and read and read till my eyes squint and I am reminded that I am going to need eye care also if this keeps up hahah! Another thing to think about researching oh no not anything else ! LOL Take care Carmen And keep the smile!

Re: Carmen is frustrated

Sharon W on 4/24/02 at 16:40 (080985)

Carmen,

That's just what I told the PT today when she asked if the ultrasound seemed to be working -- I don't know, because there are always good days, and bad days.

Sometimes you know what 'got to you' and you can say, 'OK, that's what I did wrong, I won't do that again.' Sometimes you don't. But it is ALWAYS a lot harder to keep a positive attitude when it HURTS! (And even worse, it's those painful days when we most need the help of our loved ones, yet that's the time we're most likely to snap at them!)

Anyway, I understand your frustration, and you can 'vent' any time you want.

-- Sharon

Carmen on 4/24/02 at 17:08 (080993)

I am with you on the squint! Boy I have been told I should go back to college and then to medical school. I say no way...I'd rather be a compassionate ear or a hug...I am the type that would cry for days if I couldn't fix someone. thanks for the thoughts...:-)

Carmen on 4/24/02 at 17:10 (080994)

Sigh...thanks Sharon. It sure does make me growl when I don't know what did it...I do think it might have been the birks though. they just felt good for a change instead of the tennis shoes....oh well.
thanks for your reply.

Suzanne D on 4/24/02 at 17:14 (080995)

Sometimes it does us good just to let it out a little, Carmen! You are always so positive and upbeat, searching for answers and offering help to others. You have a right to let down now and then and be on the receiving end!

We understand and care! And sometimes, it seems to me that there is just no real reason why our feet hurt worse! They just do. It seems to be part of it all.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Suzanne :-)

Re: Pam feels Carmens Frustration

Pam B on 4/24/02 at 20:29 (081012)

I feel for you girl....I am having a bad news week myself....I hope your days get better :)

Laurie R on 4/24/02 at 22:40 (081030)

Dam , what is up with today , I had a really bad day also . Sorry Carmen I know this is your post not mine... I just know you all understand , it is my foot and ankle but teen problems also and a brother problem. I sometimes feel what next . I know tomorrow is a new day and it will be better.

Carmen I wish you the best and that you will feel better real soon ... Pam watch out for my venting email it is coming ...Ha ha ha...

Much love to all , Laurie R

Re: Laurie, Carmen and all Venters

Pam B on 4/25/02 at 06:06 (081044)

Bring it on :) if I am listening to you, I am not wallowing in self pity now am I :) hope we all have a better tomorrow :) thinking of you all, Pam

Re: Carmen, looks like ME TOO

Sharon W on 4/25/02 at 09:56 (081073)

Carmen,

I think I know what you mean about birks. I finally got over to Sam's Club last night & bought some Betulas. I think it was probably a mistake -- they felt good to my heel but not to the front of my foot, but I've heard they have to be 'worn in' so I wore them last night. Now my feet are really hurting this MORNING, and I usually have very little pain in the morning if any. Worse yet, I seem to be having occasional shooting pains this morning (from the TTS).

@#*#!! I was really HOPING I'd be able to use sandals -- it's HOT here in the summers! I had avoided buying anything of the sort, mostly because I've been FAITHFULLY wearing the (hard) orthotics my pod made for me any time I'm not lying in bed. I've never done well with form-fitting sandals before, so I guess I should have known... But I thought, why not, they're cheap enough at Sam's, it's worth a try to find out if I can protect my feet without making them all sweaty!

Sigh...

-- Sharon

Carmen on 4/25/02 at 10:06 (081074)

I know Sharon...I know. My closet is now full of nothing but expensive orthotics that couldn't be used, shoes that worked (cost over $100 a pair) and now don't.....
Each day is a lesson. right?
:-)
One thing I do to relax my feet is to get in a really warm bath and stretch my feet and hamstring while in there...the warm water helps lossen things up (so does the glass of wine ;-)) and I icewhen I get out. This has been making me feel pretty good.
hang in there....find other ways to feel good. Facials, new hair cut etc...
little things help.

Carmen on 4/25/02 at 10:06 (081076)

YOU too...:-)

Today is a new day.

Sharon W on 4/25/02 at 10:15 (081078)

Carmen,

I have to take my daughter to the hematologist in a couple of hours, so ix-nay on the wine... but I guess I DO have time for the bath & ice!

-- Sharon

Tammie on 4/24/02 at 16:38 (080984)

Carmen , Sorry that the pf and the foot deal is getting to you! It is and can be so irritating to not know what is going on for sure! You are doing great I admire your courage and your persistance! You keep looking and searching for the answers, while sharing what you find among us here! That is wonderful as you are full of information! So what is your next move if I might ask? Keep you hope up and remember persistance brings answers, but also we all might be honorary foot dr.s when this is all over! I cannot beleive the stuff on all of this foot stuff it is like everywhere. I read and read and read till my eyes squint and I am reminded that I am going to need eye care also if this keeps up hahah! Another thing to think about researching oh no not anything else ! LOL Take care Carmen And keep the smile!

Sharon W on 4/24/02 at 16:40 (080985)

Carmen,

That's just what I told the PT today when she asked if the ultrasound seemed to be working -- I don't know, because there are always good days, and bad days.

Sometimes you know what 'got to you' and you can say, 'OK, that's what I did wrong, I won't do that again.' Sometimes you don't. But it is ALWAYS a lot harder to keep a positive attitude when it HURTS! (And even worse, it's those painful days when we most need the help of our loved ones, yet that's the time we're most likely to snap at them!)

Anyway, I understand your frustration, and you can 'vent' any time you want.

-- Sharon

Carmen on 4/24/02 at 17:08 (080993)

I am with you on the squint! Boy I have been told I should go back to college and then to medical school. I say no way...I'd rather be a compassionate ear or a hug...I am the type that would cry for days if I couldn't fix someone. thanks for the thoughts...:-)

Carmen on 4/24/02 at 17:10 (080994)

Sigh...thanks Sharon. It sure does make me growl when I don't know what did it...I do think it might have been the birks though. they just felt good for a change instead of the tennis shoes....oh well.
thanks for your reply.

Suzanne D on 4/24/02 at 17:14 (080995)

Sometimes it does us good just to let it out a little, Carmen! You are always so positive and upbeat, searching for answers and offering help to others. You have a right to let down now and then and be on the receiving end!

We understand and care! And sometimes, it seems to me that there is just no real reason why our feet hurt worse! They just do. It seems to be part of it all.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Suzanne :-)

Pam B on 4/24/02 at 20:29 (081012)

I feel for you girl....I am having a bad news week myself....I hope your days get better :)

Laurie R on 4/24/02 at 22:40 (081030)

Dam , what is up with today , I had a really bad day also . Sorry Carmen I know this is your post not mine... I just know you all understand , it is my foot and ankle but teen problems also and a brother problem. I sometimes feel what next . I know tomorrow is a new day and it will be better.

Carmen I wish you the best and that you will feel better real soon ... Pam watch out for my venting email it is coming ...Ha ha ha...

Much love to all , Laurie R

Re: Laurie, Carmen and all Venters

Pam B on 4/25/02 at 06:06 (081044)

Bring it on :) if I am listening to you, I am not wallowing in self pity now am I :) hope we all have a better tomorrow :) thinking of you all, Pam

Sharon W on 4/25/02 at 09:56 (081073)

Carmen,

I think I know what you mean about birks. I finally got over to Sam's Club last night & bought some Betulas. I think it was probably a mistake -- they felt good to my heel but not to the front of my foot, but I've heard they have to be 'worn in' so I wore them last night. Now my feet are really hurting this MORNING, and I usually have very little pain in the morning if any. Worse yet, I seem to be having occasional shooting pains this morning (from the TTS).

@#*#!! I was really HOPING I'd be able to use sandals -- it's HOT here in the summers! I had avoided buying anything of the sort, mostly because I've been FAITHFULLY wearing the (hard) orthotics my pod made for me any time I'm not lying in bed. I've never done well with form-fitting sandals before, so I guess I should have known... But I thought, why not, they're cheap enough at Sam's, it's worth a try to find out if I can protect my feet without making them all sweaty!

Sigh...

-- Sharon

Carmen on 4/25/02 at 10:06 (081074)

I know Sharon...I know. My closet is now full of nothing but expensive orthotics that couldn't be used, shoes that worked (cost over $100 a pair) and now don't.....
Each day is a lesson. right?
:-)
One thing I do to relax my feet is to get in a really warm bath and stretch my feet and hamstring while in there...the warm water helps lossen things up (so does the glass of wine ;-)) and I icewhen I get out. This has been making me feel pretty good.
hang in there....find other ways to feel good. Facials, new hair cut etc...
little things help.

Carmen on 4/25/02 at 10:06 (081076)

YOU too...:-)

Today is a new day.

Sharon W on 4/25/02 at 10:15 (081078)

Carmen,

I have to take my daughter to the hematologist in a couple of hours, so ix-nay on the wine... but I guess I DO have time for the bath & ice!

-- Sharon