Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

help heel pain xray tells nothing

Posted by kim m on 4/24/02 at 20:44 (081013)

can you please help me i have foot pain all the time i am overweight 5'3
170 pounds i had a rt foot xray and they said it showed nothing how is that possible? when they hurt i have to tip toe or get off of them and when i go to bed they hurt all night and i cant sleep is a xray the only way they can tell if you have bone spurs i cant believe that the xray showed nothing and this was a state doctor i went too. trying to get my disability. should i see a foot doctor own my own? there is no way i dont have foot problems my heels hurt so bad im nearly in tears with them can you give me some advice? please help my email is (email removed)

Re: help heel pain xray tells nothing

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/24/02 at 21:24 (081020)

KIM:

X-RAYS are bare bones minimium with this problem. In our office the soft tissue sacna tells us more information than anything elese. We do a diagnostic ultrasound which is using sound waves to image the soft tissue, The fascia is almost always inlfammed. We are able to differentiate between medial, central and lateral band fasciitis. Also we run a nerve test to see if the mediaand larteral calcaneal nerves are entrapped. Whaere are you located? I f you want to e-mail me go to my web site
Drfoot.tv. I'll try to help

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/12/02 at 11:37 (087308)

Hi

Plantar fasciitis does show up on an x-ray . Only bone structure do. You could have a stress fracture of the heel bone. This won't always show up.

What is the doctor's plan of treatment? I would try this as plantar fasciitis which is diangnosed by examination. Read Scott heel book has some great pointers to start with. Find a doctor who knows how to treat heel pain. You case is very tyical of pf

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/24/02 at 21:24 (081020)

KIM:

X-RAYS are bare bones minimium with this problem. In our office the soft tissue sacna tells us more information than anything elese. We do a diagnostic ultrasound which is using sound waves to image the soft tissue, The fascia is almost always inlfammed. We are able to differentiate between medial, central and lateral band fasciitis. Also we run a nerve test to see if the mediaand larteral calcaneal nerves are entrapped. Whaere are you located? I f you want to e-mail me go to my web site
Drfoot.tv. I'll try to help

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/12/02 at 11:37 (087308)

Hi

Plantar fasciitis does show up on an x-ray . Only bone structure do. You could have a stress fracture of the heel bone. This won't always show up.

What is the doctor's plan of treatment? I would try this as plantar fasciitis which is diangnosed by examination. Read Scott heel book has some great pointers to start with. Find a doctor who knows how to treat heel pain. You case is very tyical of pf