Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Diane O.

Posted by Carmen on 4/25/02 at 12:13 (081092)

How are you doing today? Is it better than the other day??

Re: Diane O.

Diane O. on 4/25/02 at 22:42 (081150)

Hi Carmen
Sorry I did not get back to you. It has not been a good couple of days. I am getting frustrated, depressed, mad, angry etc....I put my back out about 2 weeks ago and it still is not any better. I have been seeing the Chiropractor on a daily basis and it is not helping. I got frustrated with him because he wants me to WALK as much as I can..What a joke. Then the other night I was standing at the top of the stairs and my foot somehow sort of slipped off of it and I could feel a pulling tear along the bottom of my heel. Very painful. It woke me up several times during the night and now I am in almost constant pain again. Do you ever get stabbing like pain around the back of your heel. I get this kind of pain especially when my foot is at rest. I could almost scream. This has been my week off so I have really been trying hard to take it easy but feel like a bump on a log. I am worried about returning to work next week because my hours have been extended to 8 hour shifts. I hope I can manage, but if not will have to continue on 4s. My girlfriend at work called me today and tried to cheer me up...she broke her toe and was at work in sandals like mine. I am a bit jealous though cause she is healing quickly and plans to play in hockey tournement this weekend.
The weather here has been cold, snowing off and on but no accumulation..thank God for that. I would like to get into the garden so maybe it is a blessing in disguise that the weather is bad..that way it gives my back some time to get better. I can get impatient.
Thanks for letting me vent...sigh...
Diane O.

Carmen on 4/26/02 at 15:11 (081210)

Wow...sounds like you have had a few bad ones. when you are low...just come hre nad let us hear it. We totally understand. You're going to go through these mood swings when something like this steps in and HALTS your entire life. We know how it feels. I am having a bad couple days too...but tomorrow is a new one.
I TOO have back issues today...hips too. Think it's all related to the orthotic break in...and will open eyes to a new positive day tomorrow!
You hang in there and don't be afraid to write us..

Re: Gardening Therapy

Rich on 4/26/02 at 16:05 (081218)

Hi Diane! Sorry to hear things are difficult. Just wanted to suggest a little gardening therapy. As soon as the weather is warm enough, have someone pick up some annuals for hanging baskets. I'm down in Louisiana and everything's in bloom right now! I managed to pot about ten hanging baskets of petunias, begonias and verbena for my patio, working from a table and chair. It was the biggest boost for me lately. I lost alot of green things over the winter and really need the color till my perinnials come back.

Vent all you want....don't overdo it going back to work. How's that foot today...sounded like another post...I hope it wasn't a rupture???

God Bless and Hang in there....
Rich

Diane O. on 4/25/02 at 22:42 (081150)

Hi Carmen
Sorry I did not get back to you. It has not been a good couple of days. I am getting frustrated, depressed, mad, angry etc....I put my back out about 2 weeks ago and it still is not any better. I have been seeing the Chiropractor on a daily basis and it is not helping. I got frustrated with him because he wants me to WALK as much as I can..What a joke. Then the other night I was standing at the top of the stairs and my foot somehow sort of slipped off of it and I could feel a pulling tear along the bottom of my heel. Very painful. It woke me up several times during the night and now I am in almost constant pain again. Do you ever get stabbing like pain around the back of your heel. I get this kind of pain especially when my foot is at rest. I could almost scream. This has been my week off so I have really been trying hard to take it easy but feel like a bump on a log. I am worried about returning to work next week because my hours have been extended to 8 hour shifts. I hope I can manage, but if not will have to continue on 4s. My girlfriend at work called me today and tried to cheer me up...she broke her toe and was at work in sandals like mine. I am a bit jealous though cause she is healing quickly and plans to play in hockey tournement this weekend.
The weather here has been cold, snowing off and on but no accumulation..thank God for that. I would like to get into the garden so maybe it is a blessing in disguise that the weather is bad..that way it gives my back some time to get better. I can get impatient.
Thanks for letting me vent...sigh...
Diane O.

Carmen on 4/26/02 at 15:11 (081210)

Wow...sounds like you have had a few bad ones. when you are low...just come hre nad let us hear it. We totally understand. You're going to go through these mood swings when something like this steps in and HALTS your entire life. We know how it feels. I am having a bad couple days too...but tomorrow is a new one.
I TOO have back issues today...hips too. Think it's all related to the orthotic break in...and will open eyes to a new positive day tomorrow!
You hang in there and don't be afraid to write us..

Re: Gardening Therapy

Rich on 4/26/02 at 16:05 (081218)

Hi Diane! Sorry to hear things are difficult. Just wanted to suggest a little gardening therapy. As soon as the weather is warm enough, have someone pick up some annuals for hanging baskets. I'm down in Louisiana and everything's in bloom right now! I managed to pot about ten hanging baskets of petunias, begonias and verbena for my patio, working from a table and chair. It was the biggest boost for me lately. I lost alot of green things over the winter and really need the color till my perinnials come back.

Vent all you want....don't overdo it going back to work. How's that foot today...sounded like another post...I hope it wasn't a rupture???

God Bless and Hang in there....
Rich