Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

after a tear can this really heal antiinflams or not

Posted by lisa k on 4/25/02 at 15:13 (081107)

my pod reccomende no antiflams type med if i had had eswt for some reason/what has been your experiences drs. z and c. also after an almost complete tear dr.has me in cam walker no weight bearing at all no driving for 5 weeks if you have torn the pf how does it heal itself to enable proper functioning of the foot.....also unsure of what to expect after 5wks of cam walker more pt or possible for healing to occur thanks for your opinions or experinces clinically,lisa k

Re: after a tear can this really heal antiinflams or not

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/25/02 at 17:25 (081118)

You should be able to get out of the CAM walker after 5 weeks, usually.
A tear of the plantar fascia is like a plantar fascial release-- it can actually lead to a cure of the problem so ESWT should not be an issue.
I have no problem using anti-inflammatories, if needed after ESWT. One may want to avoid anti-inflammatories for about 3 days before ESWT in order to minimize chances of bruising.
Ed

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/25/02 at 20:12 (081133)

I agree 100% with Dr. Ed Davis. We hae patient's take NSAIDS after ESWT if they are experiencing discomfort.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

lisa k on 4/27/02 at 03:47 (081280)

thanks for the responses ,Doctors

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/25/02 at 17:25 (081118)

You should be able to get out of the CAM walker after 5 weeks, usually.
A tear of the plantar fascia is like a plantar fascial release-- it can actually lead to a cure of the problem so ESWT should not be an issue.
I have no problem using anti-inflammatories, if needed after ESWT. One may want to avoid anti-inflammatories for about 3 days before ESWT in order to minimize chances of bruising.
Ed

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/25/02 at 20:12 (081133)

I agree 100% with Dr. Ed Davis. We hae patient's take NSAIDS after ESWT if they are experiencing discomfort.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

lisa k on 4/27/02 at 03:47 (081280)

thanks for the responses ,Doctors