Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Uneven ground -- does it HURT YOU?

Posted by Sharon W on 4/27/02 at 12:41 (081328)

I'm wondering if other people with TTS find it especially difficult to walk on uneven ground... for example, mowing the lawn, or walking around out in the countryside. I don't know if this is 'just me,' and I'd really appreciate some input on this from other people with TTS.

-- Sharon

Re: Uneven ground -- does it HURT YOU?

Cheri A on 4/27/02 at 15:24 (081356)

YES! I quit going for walks because it is too painful, and I moved to a place with much less yard (and a level yard)to care for.

Doing some things definitely cause more pain, but if I don't do anything, I still have pain. There is no rhyme or reason to the pain!

susie c on 4/27/02 at 16:06 (081365)

I would'nt even consider mowing my lawn at this time. Last summer I was having a ggod day and decided to do some light yard work and tour the PF in right foot. Big problems! back in a cast I went!!!! So be careful out there in the yard. I have problems walking in my driveway that is stone. When I get back to work and have $$$ pavement will be a priority for me!!
Stay safe, Susie

Sharon W on 4/27/02 at 16:41 (081368)

Cheri,

I understand THAT! It is as if TTS pain has a mind of its own... a very PERVERSE mind!

-- Sharon

wendyn on 4/27/02 at 23:38 (081418)

Uneven ground is very bad. Like gravel at the baseball diamonds, or hiking.

Re: Cobblestones

Sharon W on 4/28/02 at 11:01 (081457)

Susie,

I know what you mean about stone. Cobblestones are the WORST!

Actually, the uneven ground I am worried about is at the local Reniassance Faire... somewhere our family goes every year, and they are all excited and expecting me to take them there THIS year. (My hubby can't drive anymore, so...) I figure I will spend as much time as possible sitting down, watching the shows -- and therefore NOT walking around!

Thanks for your answer and I wish the best of everything for you.

-- Sharon

Sharon W on 4/28/02 at 11:02 (081458)

Wendyn,

Oh, yeah, gravel is BAD. Hit it just wrong and your foot turns SIDEWAYS...

-- Sharon

Cheri A on 4/27/02 at 15:24 (081356)

YES! I quit going for walks because it is too painful, and I moved to a place with much less yard (and a level yard)to care for.

Doing some things definitely cause more pain, but if I don't do anything, I still have pain. There is no rhyme or reason to the pain!

susie c on 4/27/02 at 16:06 (081365)

I would'nt even consider mowing my lawn at this time. Last summer I was having a ggod day and decided to do some light yard work and tour the PF in right foot. Big problems! back in a cast I went!!!! So be careful out there in the yard. I have problems walking in my driveway that is stone. When I get back to work and have $$$ pavement will be a priority for me!!
Stay safe, Susie

Sharon W on 4/27/02 at 16:41 (081368)

Cheri,

I understand THAT! It is as if TTS pain has a mind of its own... a very PERVERSE mind!

-- Sharon

wendyn on 4/27/02 at 23:38 (081418)

Uneven ground is very bad. Like gravel at the baseball diamonds, or hiking.

Re: Cobblestones

Sharon W on 4/28/02 at 11:01 (081457)

Susie,

I know what you mean about stone. Cobblestones are the WORST!

Actually, the uneven ground I am worried about is at the local Reniassance Faire... somewhere our family goes every year, and they are all excited and expecting me to take them there THIS year. (My hubby can't drive anymore, so...) I figure I will spend as much time as possible sitting down, watching the shows -- and therefore NOT walking around!

Thanks for your answer and I wish the best of everything for you.

-- Sharon

Sharon W on 4/28/02 at 11:02 (081458)

Wendyn,

Oh, yeah, gravel is BAD. Hit it just wrong and your foot turns SIDEWAYS...

-- Sharon