Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I lost more weight!

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 4/27/02 at 21:19 (081399)

I lost 10 lbs between 9/2001 and Feb. 2002. I then joined Weight Watchers and after a small weight loss..plateaued. I now am starting to lose weight again...lost 3.2 lbs this week! This is 6.4 lbs. since 03/2002. sp 16.4 lbs altogether. I am feeling a little bit more comfortable. I have not been excerszing much either (intend to slowly add that).

My boss and I are not getting along and I went to HR to ask advice. The HR lady says my boss has comed to her too...so she wants to do a meeting with both of us on Monday. I am nervous about this. If you pray, pls pray for me.

Also, I guess I can use encouragement and advice if you have any about that.

My boss is very unhappy with me..she thinks I am not working hard enough.
She is never happy it seems.

Re: Sorry, I find it hard to stick to one subject sometimes...eom

Mahatmelissama on 4/27/02 at 21:20 (081400)

Re: I lost more weight!

Pam B on 4/27/02 at 21:28 (081404)

You have my prayers......good luck and remember, some people are never happy no matter how hard you try.....what do you do for a living????? In my past experiences with working a job where a boss acts that way, I kept a journal of my daily work load.....I also listed any addtional responsibilites I completed either on my own or by request.....it came in handy when it was time to have this type meeting or to ask for a raise.....

Keep up the good work on your weight loss.....I am also losing weight......I am doing it myself and I started on April 27th......I am happy to report I lost 11 pounds as of Thursday when I went back to the docs :) made me smile :) you know, I quit smoking in January and it was hard, but it is so much harder to lose weight....everywhere you go, it is food, food, food!!!!!!! and I love to eat so it takes alot not to.....I commend anyone that loses no matter how they do it.....I have been to nutri system and can tell you that it works big time but it is expesive.......anyway, good luck with the weight loss and may the force be with you on Monday :)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/27/02 at 21:57 (081409)

Congratulations on losing 3.2 pounds this week! I gained this week but I expected it because of my two dinner dates last weekend. Now, I'm a little off course and have to get back on program if I expect to lose any next week.

I sure hope the HR conference comes out in your favor. If you are working your hardest, it is not up to your boss to say that that is not hard enough. You can only do your best.

Carole C

Re: I will pray for on monday . congrat wt loss

linda a on 4/28/02 at 09:06 (081439)

hello mahatmelissama! cograts on the wt loss !!!!!! . thanks to carmens postings on healthy living such as drinking water , stretching and lifting wts i have finally began to loose some wt . not much but some . hardest was drinking water . thank you carmen ! when you hit a plateaued you need to do something different in your exercise plan . keep up the good work . the one thing you may want to ask for in the human resource meetg if you can't get anything settle w/ manager is a job coach . someone to work w/ you for awhile to if you have the problem or if it is the manager . yes -- i will be w/ you in prayer . linda (ky)

Suzanne D on 4/28/02 at 13:14 (081466)

Melissa, I read this last night and was going to reply but then had to turn off the computer due to storms here. I will think of you and Linda (post above) concerning your meetings tomorrow.

I think Pam's advice about keeping a log or diary is sound advice. Sometimes it's hard to remember accurately every detail, and this seems like a good idea.

Once I knew a young teacher at another school who was being given criticism from her principal, and it always seemed to be general in nature: 'You don't seem to be putting in the time...',etc. I advised her to make little notes about the time she arrived, left school, when she attended PTA meetings, met with parents, etc. to have solid facts should that ever be required to defend herself.

You hang in there! Congratulations on losing weight!

Suzanne :-)

Re: I found it, I found it !!!

BrianG on 4/28/02 at 13:31 (081472)

Hey Pam,

Don't worry too much about loosing that 11 pounds, I found it for you, hahahaaa. Once I had to leave work in Oct, it was only a matter of time :*(

BrianG

Re: Re:Hey Brian

Pam B on 4/28/02 at 20:41 (081525)

I can tell you that I know your dilemma man.......I had to quit work in Oct too and then I went through the xmas goodie baking and eating phase and Jan 2 I ditched the cigarettes and Feb my surgery which landed me smack dab on my butt......man, talk about ballooning at the waistline :) I have fought weight all my life but this past 7 months has been a a cellulite nitemare.....so I know how you feel, trust me :)

Carmen on 4/29/02 at 17:43 (081628)

Good for you Linda! That's super news! Yes...water drinking is hard if you don't like it.
Add some juice (not a lot since it has a lot of sugar) but enough to flavor it a little....
:-)

Re: Sorry, I find it hard to stick to one subject sometimes...eom

Mahatmelissama on 4/27/02 at 21:20 (081400)

Pam B on 4/27/02 at 21:28 (081404)

You have my prayers......good luck and remember, some people are never happy no matter how hard you try.....what do you do for a living????? In my past experiences with working a job where a boss acts that way, I kept a journal of my daily work load.....I also listed any addtional responsibilites I completed either on my own or by request.....it came in handy when it was time to have this type meeting or to ask for a raise.....

Keep up the good work on your weight loss.....I am also losing weight......I am doing it myself and I started on April 27th......I am happy to report I lost 11 pounds as of Thursday when I went back to the docs :) made me smile :) you know, I quit smoking in January and it was hard, but it is so much harder to lose weight....everywhere you go, it is food, food, food!!!!!!! and I love to eat so it takes alot not to.....I commend anyone that loses no matter how they do it.....I have been to nutri system and can tell you that it works big time but it is expesive.......anyway, good luck with the weight loss and may the force be with you on Monday :)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/27/02 at 21:57 (081409)

Congratulations on losing 3.2 pounds this week! I gained this week but I expected it because of my two dinner dates last weekend. Now, I'm a little off course and have to get back on program if I expect to lose any next week.

I sure hope the HR conference comes out in your favor. If you are working your hardest, it is not up to your boss to say that that is not hard enough. You can only do your best.

Carole C

linda a on 4/28/02 at 09:06 (081439)

hello mahatmelissama! cograts on the wt loss !!!!!! . thanks to carmens postings on healthy living such as drinking water , stretching and lifting wts i have finally began to loose some wt . not much but some . hardest was drinking water . thank you carmen ! when you hit a plateaued you need to do something different in your exercise plan . keep up the good work . the one thing you may want to ask for in the human resource meetg if you can't get anything settle w/ manager is a job coach . someone to work w/ you for awhile to if you have the problem or if it is the manager . yes -- i will be w/ you in prayer . linda (ky)

Suzanne D on 4/28/02 at 13:14 (081466)

Melissa, I read this last night and was going to reply but then had to turn off the computer due to storms here. I will think of you and Linda (post above) concerning your meetings tomorrow.

I think Pam's advice about keeping a log or diary is sound advice. Sometimes it's hard to remember accurately every detail, and this seems like a good idea.

Once I knew a young teacher at another school who was being given criticism from her principal, and it always seemed to be general in nature: 'You don't seem to be putting in the time...',etc. I advised her to make little notes about the time she arrived, left school, when she attended PTA meetings, met with parents, etc. to have solid facts should that ever be required to defend herself.

You hang in there! Congratulations on losing weight!

Suzanne :-)

Re: I found it, I found it !!!

BrianG on 4/28/02 at 13:31 (081472)

Hey Pam,

Don't worry too much about loosing that 11 pounds, I found it for you, hahahaaa. Once I had to leave work in Oct, it was only a matter of time :*(

BrianG

Re: Re:Hey Brian

Pam B on 4/28/02 at 20:41 (081525)

I can tell you that I know your dilemma man.......I had to quit work in Oct too and then I went through the xmas goodie baking and eating phase and Jan 2 I ditched the cigarettes and Feb my surgery which landed me smack dab on my butt......man, talk about ballooning at the waistline :) I have fought weight all my life but this past 7 months has been a a cellulite nitemare.....so I know how you feel, trust me :)

Carmen on 4/29/02 at 17:43 (081628)

Good for you Linda! That's super news! Yes...water drinking is hard if you don't like it.
Add some juice (not a lot since it has a lot of sugar) but enough to flavor it a little....
:-)