Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

after surgery

Posted by linda f on 4/27/02 at 22:15 (081412)

had heel spur removed in feb. am i still to be numb, and is it still suppose to swell? it aches all the time restless nights.

Re: after surgery

Pam B on 4/28/02 at 10:57 (081455)

Hi Linda, I too had heel surgery in Feb......I can tell you that my pod told me prior to surgery that I may have numbness around the incision and it may or may not go away.....mine did not......it is still numb......swelling is also normal.....what type surgery did you have, the open procedure or the EPF? the aching is also normal depending on where it is aching......my doc told me the best case scenario for healing is three months and the worst is a year or more......what does your doc say about this? I know I am still having problems but it is in my ankle not my foot....I know your frustration......keep us posted and good luck :)

Re: after surgery

Pam B on 4/28/02 at 10:57 (081455)

Hi Linda, I too had heel surgery in Feb......I can tell you that my pod told me prior to surgery that I may have numbness around the incision and it may or may not go away.....mine did not......it is still numb......swelling is also normal.....what type surgery did you have, the open procedure or the EPF? the aching is also normal depending on where it is aching......my doc told me the best case scenario for healing is three months and the worst is a year or more......what does your doc say about this? I know I am still having problems but it is in my ankle not my foot....I know your frustration......keep us posted and good luck :)