Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Custom Made Birks

Posted by Valerie S on 4/28/02 at 10:45 (081451)

I was just surfing the German Birkenstock website and noticed a link at the right side of the store front page that leads to a form where you can put together shoes you only dream possible... heehee.

Here's what it says:

Dear customer,

You are welcome to request any custom made Birkenstock sandal here. Please enter any combinations of upper materials, colors, footbeds, linings and soles into the description field.

All of these parts must be available with at least one of the sandals shown at the Birkenstock category.

Example: style: Arizona, material: BirkoFlor, lining: microfiber, sole: super grip, footbed: soft footbed.

The above description would be a typical request for a custom made sandal. Custom made sandals can not be exchanged and must be payed in advance. Production takes approx. 3-4 weeks. The approx. price will be 30% on top of the price of an equivalent sandal. Please do not fill out the price field if you do not know the precise price. As soon as we receive your request we will find out if the sandal can be manufactured.
We will contact you and you will have to confirm our e-mail before we will start to manufacture your custom made sandal. Your creditcard will be charge as soon as we receive your final ok.

I have had great service from this site, and adding the 30% upcharge still makes them cheaper than you can buy them at the store... for all you finnicky Birk wearers out there, that is. Of course, no one beats the deal at Sam's club, but I've been wearing Arizonas for just too many years already... hee hee...

Just thought someone might find this as neat as I did.