Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How important are x-rays?

Posted by Ellen J. on 4/28/02 at 13:23 (081471)

Hi,
Over the last 2.5 yrs. I've seen 2 Doctors and 2 physical therapists. The doctors told me the Plantar F. would go away on it's own and I've never had x-rays or anything other than custom orthotics, which didn't work. I'm going to another Podiatrist in a few days and am wondering if there is anything I should make sure he should be doing, such as x-rays, in order to make the most of the appt. In case you need to know, I've posted a brief summary of my experience with Plantar F. below.
Thanks so much!
Ellen J.
My pain has been moderate throughout with ups and downs depending on which things I did or didn't do to my feet. The pain is located in all different areas of the foot depending on the day: Sometimes the arch, the heels, the medial side of the heel and medial side of the arch and a bit in the balls of the feet (where the ball meets the arch). So far NO pain in the tops of my feet--all in the bottom. If my feet have pain in all these areas, are there any other conditions that I should see that the doctor checks for?

Re: How important are x-rays?

DR Zuckerman on 4/28/02 at 15:29 (081477)

Hi

You need to get x-rays to rule out any boney problems.

Re: Thanks, Dr. Zuckerman

Ellen J. on 4/28/02 at 19:07 (081503)

Hi.
I appreciate your response and will have x-rays done. Hopefully and MRI will not be an additonal necessity.
Thanks for your time.
Ellen

Re: How important are x-rays?

DR Zuckerman on 4/28/02 at 15:29 (081477)

Hi

You need to get x-rays to rule out any boney problems.

Re: Thanks, Dr. Zuckerman

Ellen J. on 4/28/02 at 19:07 (081503)

Hi.
I appreciate your response and will have x-rays done. Hopefully and MRI will not be an additonal necessity.
Thanks for your time.
Ellen