Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recovering from PF Surgery

Posted by Marietta S on 4/28/02 at 21:21 (081534)

I had the PF released on my left foot on April 8, 2002. As of this writing my heel doesn't hurt, but the ball of my foot and my toes are numb, my foot throbs and I get shooting pains, I have to keep my foot elevated because if I don't my toes swell. I especially cannot feel whatsoever my two middle toes. My Dr. says I just had alot of inflamation and it will take time to heal. He gave me anti-inflamatory pills and told me to massage it. He also said that he's has never seen this reaction to this surgery before, but that everyone was different. I'm at wits end, as I thought that this surgery was going to be a breeze, back in shoes within a couple of days, at least that's what I understood from my Dr. I can put a shoe on now, but only for a short while as my foot throbs, swells and I get shooting pains throughout my foot. I have an appointment with my POD in a week.

But do you have answers or can you can you tell me why my foot feels the way it does?

Thanks!

MS

Re: Recovering from PF Surgery

DR Zuckerman on 4/28/02 at 22:24 (081537)

Hi

Sometimes you can have a neuroma with plantar fasciitis. Ask to check and see if you have a neuroma into your toes. Treatment will consist of injections of either a steriod or alcohol . Padding in the ball of the foot. On another note pf foot surgery can take up to six months or more to get better. I still think the neuroma must be checked out

Re: Recovering from PF Surgery

DR Zuckerman on 4/28/02 at 22:24 (081537)

Hi

Sometimes you can have a neuroma with plantar fasciitis. Ask to check and see if you have a neuroma into your toes. Treatment will consist of injections of either a steriod or alcohol . Padding in the ball of the foot. On another note pf foot surgery can take up to six months or more to get better. I still think the neuroma must be checked out