Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wendy will have to be quiet

Posted by wendyn on 4/28/02 at 22:48 (081543)

I have screwed up again.

Spent a lovely day yesterday...child was at a birthday part for 3 hours - I spent the whole time at the gym. Picked up the child, then went with a good friend (who has a child the same age as my little guy) to the golf dome and for dinner. Then we went back to my place and drank a few Coronas while the kids played. Lovely day. (The kids didn't drink Coronas).

Anyway! Completely wrecked something at the gym - pain today from the middle of my upper back (shoulder area) right down into my wrist and baby finger/ring finger. MAN does it hurt. I have pinched something, I'm guessing in my shoulder (maybe upper back?). My hand is cold and I'm getting the nasty electric shocks.

Work should be a blast tomorrow trying to type.

I am grounding myself from typing (for fun) till this is better...if anyone has any suggestions please feel free.

(I am really tired of hurting myself!!!!)

%^&* this hurts!

Re: Wendy will have to be quiet

Julie on 4/29/02 at 02:36 (081548)

Wendy, from your symptoms (coldness, tingling) it sounds as though you've pinched a nerve: probably, from the location of the pain as you describe it, one of those coming from the upper back, possibly the second thoracic nerve. See your chiropractor quickly - a session or two should put everything back where it should be and sort it out.

I did something similar a couple of years ago: the pain took a couple of weeks to go after treatment, but it did. Meanwhile, take it easy and avoid the gym.

Carmen on 4/29/02 at 07:49 (081564)

DITTO Julie. My kinesiologist straightened me right up when I was told I had carpal tunnel in both hands....WRONG. It was a pinched nerve in my neck (2nd cervical spine if I remember correctly) he manipulated me and POOf! Better 10 minutes later.
Don't fret!

Julie on 4/29/02 at 02:36 (081548)

Wendy, from your symptoms (coldness, tingling) it sounds as though you've pinched a nerve: probably, from the location of the pain as you describe it, one of those coming from the upper back, possibly the second thoracic nerve. See your chiropractor quickly - a session or two should put everything back where it should be and sort it out.

I did something similar a couple of years ago: the pain took a couple of weeks to go after treatment, but it did. Meanwhile, take it easy and avoid the gym.

Carmen on 4/29/02 at 07:49 (081564)

DITTO Julie. My kinesiologist straightened me right up when I was told I had carpal tunnel in both hands....WRONG. It was a pinched nerve in my neck (2nd cervical spine if I remember correctly) he manipulated me and POOf! Better 10 minutes later.
Don't fret!