Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Neuroma surgery

Posted by Julie M. on 4/29/02 at 09:59 (081580)

I had surgery to remove 2 neuromas three weeks ago (one from each foot). I can now wear sneakers and my incision is healing quite well, but I still feel as though there is a lump in the ball of my foot. I don't like to put pressure on it and I can't stand barefoot. Is this normal? My doctor said this feeling will go away. I certainly hope so cause its worse than the neuroma feeling! Please let me know if anyone else has felt this sensation.

Re: Neuroma surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/29/02 at 13:51 (081600)

That feeling will take about threee to six months to go away It is due to surgery at or near the bottom of the foot or under the metatarsal head

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/29/02 at 19:57 (081661)

I agree with Dr. Zuckerman. This is typically how long it takes to recover after this procedure.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Julie, I had something similar

Pam B on 4/29/02 at 21:05 (081681)

Hi Julie, I had something similar with my recent PF/spur surgery.....when I stood with all my weight on my heel, it felt like I had a wad of something or a inside my heel.....it gradully went away and it took about the same time frame as the docs are telling you here.....I assume it is similar to what you are experiencing....I asked the doc if he left something in there :)......good luck and keep us posted :)

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/29/02 at 13:51 (081600)

That feeling will take about threee to six months to go away It is due to surgery at or near the bottom of the foot or under the metatarsal head

Dr. Cozzarelli on 4/29/02 at 19:57 (081661)

I agree with Dr. Zuckerman. This is typically how long it takes to recover after this procedure.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Julie, I had something similar

Pam B on 4/29/02 at 21:05 (081681)

Hi Julie, I had something similar with my recent PF/spur surgery.....when I stood with all my weight on my heel, it felt like I had a wad of something or a inside my heel.....it gradully went away and it took about the same time frame as the docs are telling you here.....I assume it is similar to what you are experiencing....I asked the doc if he left something in there :)......good luck and keep us posted :)