Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My Bayshore ESWT experience..........(to Dan L. and others)

Posted by Carmel M on 4/29/02 at 14:52 (081603)

I had the first ESWT session on Monday (4/22) which consisted of paperwork, consultation, and then the ESWT. Cori, the therapist was wonderful. She explained every little detail and didn't mind the endless questions I had for her. I was not sore after the first treatment, and walked back to my car just fine. I didn't do much more walking that day.

Tuesday was a day 'off', no treatment. On Wednesday she did the second ESWT followed by the low intensity light laser. The laser treatment has been part of their protocol since they started doing ESWT for heel pain. Cori explained that it is used to speed the body's natural healing process, however it does not detract or undue any of the effects of the ESWT.

Thursday was just a laser treatment. By Thursday I noticed that the pain was different. It felt more like it did when I was first diagnosed with PF. It felt bruised and sore right at the insertion point on the bottom of my heel. I noticed too that the pain would come quickly (maybe 5 or 10 minutes) after walking or standing. But it wasn't excruciating, just more of a sign to get off my feet.

Friday was the third and last ESWT session combined with laser treatment. The pain wasn't worse or better...mostly the same as Thursday.

What I've noticed since coming home.....
1. The bruised feeling is still there at the PF insertion point.
2. Pain is coming soon after being on feet, but is also subsiding as soon as I rest the foot.
3. I'm being extremely careful and following Cori's post treatment instructions to the letter.

I'm happy I did it, sorry I waited so long, and I'm still very optimistic that this will cure the PF.

If I've forgotten anything or if anyone has questions, please let me know and I'll try to help. If you want to email me personally my email is
(email removed)

Thank you all for your support.
Carmel

Re: My Bayshore ESWT experience..........(to Dan L. and others)

BrianG on 4/29/02 at 17:20 (081616)

Hi Carmel,

I'm happy you made the trip north, and got your ESWT treatment. Hopefully this will be the start of your healing. Can I ask about your post treatment. Are you supposed to use heat, and for how long? I'm still using the heat, and it's been 2 weeks since I had the Dornier at Dr. Z's. I have discomfert, but not to bad. Good luck

BrianG

Dan L on 4/29/02 at 20:51 (081679)

Welcome home and best wishes, Carmel. Keep us posted on your progress.
I'll send you an email. God Bless.

Carmel M on 4/30/02 at 14:14 (081800)

Brian, my post ESWT instructions didn't say anything about applying heat. Cori did say if I had sharp or intense pain to ice it for a while.

I'm doing ok so far...although I may have over did it a bit yesterday. I was on my feet in the back yard too long and today my foot is quite sore. I just have to remember to be careful and not over due it.

Carmel

BrianG on 4/29/02 at 17:20 (081616)

Hi Carmel,

I'm happy you made the trip north, and got your ESWT treatment. Hopefully this will be the start of your healing. Can I ask about your post treatment. Are you supposed to use heat, and for how long? I'm still using the heat, and it's been 2 weeks since I had the Dornier at Dr. Z's. I have discomfert, but not to bad. Good luck

BrianG

Dan L on 4/29/02 at 20:51 (081679)

Welcome home and best wishes, Carmel. Keep us posted on your progress.
I'll send you an email. God Bless.

Carmel M on 4/30/02 at 14:14 (081800)

Brian, my post ESWT instructions didn't say anything about applying heat. Cori did say if I had sharp or intense pain to ice it for a while.

I'm doing ok so far...although I may have over did it a bit yesterday. I was on my feet in the back yard too long and today my foot is quite sore. I just have to remember to be careful and not over due it.

Carmel