Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Weight loss and water drinkers

Posted by Carmen on 4/29/02 at 17:45 (081629)

Just a little tip for people who have uppedtheir water intake fortheir weight loss.....if you have a hard time drinking water add a splash of juice (any kind will do) and it will give it a little zing!) Not too much though as juice has a lot of sugar.
Lemon works too if you don't do it in excess as the lemon can ruin the enamel on your teeth with long term use and also there's a lot of acid in lemon.

Re: Weight loss and water drinkers

Carole C in NOLA on 4/29/02 at 18:04 (081639)

I will try this, Carmen. Anything will help! I have been drinking about 3 quarts a week of zero calorie flavored sparkling water 'Diet Mellow Peach' which I love, but I need to do something about all the rest of the water! I like it but I just don't seem to get enough down. What kind of juice is your favorite to do this with?

Carole C

Re: thanks for the tip...

Rich on 4/29/02 at 21:57 (081692)

I am trying not to drink soda, and for me that's almost like trying to quit smoking. I got through the caffeine withdrawal and have been drinking lots of water. I was just thinking about adding lemon slices so I appreciate your tip about tooth enamel. I'll stick with plain old H2O!

Rich

Carmen on 4/30/02 at 07:39 (081727)

I don't use juice...I am avid about my water every day....what helps me is to carry a 1.5 liter bottle EVERYwhere I go. I finish it before the day is over and get another before supper. BUT I have friends who don't do water very well and they add juice....cranberry or orange. Anything to add the flavor you like.
I am lucky I tackled the water thing about 4 years ago and have to have it to feel human.
:-)

linda a on 5/02/02 at 06:44 (082091)

hello carmen ! i wanted to say thank you for all your hard work in bringing health subjects to the heelspurs.com support posting . if you are wondering if people read your post and the links that you type in on various subjects , well i can tell you that i do . and i appreciate it !!! been making /drinking my own green tea ( sweet -n-low sugar ) and staying away from my favorite diet Big Red ( very hard to give up before ) . take care . linda ( ky)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/29/02 at 18:04 (081639)

I will try this, Carmen. Anything will help! I have been drinking about 3 quarts a week of zero calorie flavored sparkling water 'Diet Mellow Peach' which I love, but I need to do something about all the rest of the water! I like it but I just don't seem to get enough down. What kind of juice is your favorite to do this with?

Carole C

Re: thanks for the tip...

Rich on 4/29/02 at 21:57 (081692)

I am trying not to drink soda, and for me that's almost like trying to quit smoking. I got through the caffeine withdrawal and have been drinking lots of water. I was just thinking about adding lemon slices so I appreciate your tip about tooth enamel. I'll stick with plain old H2O!

Rich

Carmen on 4/30/02 at 07:39 (081727)

I don't use juice...I am avid about my water every day....what helps me is to carry a 1.5 liter bottle EVERYwhere I go. I finish it before the day is over and get another before supper. BUT I have friends who don't do water very well and they add juice....cranberry or orange. Anything to add the flavor you like.
I am lucky I tackled the water thing about 4 years ago and have to have it to feel human.
:-)

linda a on 5/02/02 at 06:44 (082091)

hello carmen ! i wanted to say thank you for all your hard work in bringing health subjects to the heelspurs.com support posting . if you are wondering if people read your post and the links that you type in on various subjects , well i can tell you that i do . and i appreciate it !!! been making /drinking my own green tea ( sweet -n-low sugar ) and staying away from my favorite diet Big Red ( very hard to give up before ) . take care . linda ( ky)