Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS and arthritis

Posted by Pat B on 4/29/02 at 18:07 (081640)

Has anyone developed arthritis in their ankles from having TTS? My ankles are becoming very sore in the joints. I know I have Fibromyalgia but this seems to be a constant now that my ankles are hurting. The pain is not like my normal TTs pain and is in my ankle joints. I do not necessarily want to run to the doctor every time I have an ache or pain because they already think I am crazy because of Fibro. I am wondering if arthritis would happen from walking funny for so many years now (3) from TTS. It sure hurts alot. My shin bones are hurting too but not as bad as the ankles. Every bone in my feet feel as though they are broke as well but that is from TTS I am assuming. Please respond.

Re: TTS and arthritis

Sharon W on 4/30/02 at 09:55 (081759)

Pat,

I don't have arthritis, or fibromyalgia either for that matter (ouch!) but your post looked a little lonely...

What is your 'normal TTS pain like?

Sounds to me like the problem in your joints may be inflammation, which could certainly be arthritis but it might not. Have you had a Dr. check it out yet?

Ouch! TTS, fibro, and maybe arthritis too -- it all sounds VERY PAINFUL and I hope you find something SOON that brings you relief!

-- Sharon

Cheri A on 4/30/02 at 12:49 (081784)

Every time I go to my Pod, I tell him my ankle hurts, and the calf of my leg aches. He doesn't comment much except to say that the ankle hurts because of the TTS. I am going to go see another Pod for some tests, and I intend to ask him about it also. Sometimes my ankle feels like it is badly sprained, or fractured. No one has said anything about arthritis to me, but I have wondered about that too. I will ask the doc when I go.
Sometimes my ankle pain is worse than any other part of my foot.
I don't think your crazy, stand by your guns!!!

Pat B on 4/30/02 at 19:39 (081863)

Hi

My normal TTS pain is pain below the ankles--left foot both sides have trapped nerves and right foot I feel on the inside. I get cramps mostly in the bottom of my feet mainly in the arch. I get cramps in my toes in bed and if my feet get cold. Sudden movements can make them cramp as well. Walking is quite painful. My bones leading to my toes feel as though they are broken which can really hurt. I say it feels as though I am being crucified or like somebody is driving a stake through them. My ankles swell quite often on the inside of my ankles. I had TTS surgery 1 year ago and the bottom of my scar feels like it is still a fresh cut. Podiatrist says it is from nerves and that my scar is healed. I believe him. I guess that is my TTS in a nutshell. I hate it when all symptoms flare together. It is enough to make me cry (and has).

It is not easy living with TTS and Fibro. I am just about 40 and can hardly work now but I still do (full time and mostly on my feet). My feet are killing me with hardly any relief any more. A sit down job hurts just as much because my feet hurt just touching the floor. Fibro acts up worse when inactive. I get so stiff and lots of cramps. It is not easy living in a body that feels like 80. I hate to see what I feel like when I am 80. As far as relief, I go through therapy weekly, see a chiropractor, and lots of pills. I do have arthritis in my spine already and I hate constantly going to doctors because they act like you are crazy and write everything off as TTS or Fibro. I stopped asking. I just wondered if anyone has arthritis from TTS because I would bet that I have some now. I guess there would not be too much a doc could do anyway for that. Surgery is out of the question for me now. First didn't work. My podiatrist said at the time of my surgery that I had lots of pathology in my foot but did not specify on what pathology meant in that regard when I asked. I figured it must have been his way of saying my foot was irrepairable.

Thanks for the response.

Margie on 5/09/02 at 16:09 (083254)

Hi Pat,
You have described the pain I am having also.
I have had surgery on both feet and i failed them. Tarsal tunnel release.
Now I am trying to get disability for my lose of job and unable to go back to work. I am 40 in June and it is terrible to be limited to barely any activates. I used to rollerskate, water ski, freebee all kinds of sports. Not now can throw a ball for a few minutes and that is with pain.
Are you seeking any conpensation for your disabilities?
I would like to have your email address so we can keep in touch.
I don't have anyone to talk too about this that understands.
And it makes me feel so alone.
If you want to email me: (email removed)
Sincerely,
Margie

Sharon W on 4/30/02 at 09:55 (081759)

Pat,

I don't have arthritis, or fibromyalgia either for that matter (ouch!) but your post looked a little lonely...

What is your 'normal TTS pain like?

Sounds to me like the problem in your joints may be inflammation, which could certainly be arthritis but it might not. Have you had a Dr. check it out yet?

Ouch! TTS, fibro, and maybe arthritis too -- it all sounds VERY PAINFUL and I hope you find something SOON that brings you relief!

-- Sharon

Cheri A on 4/30/02 at 12:49 (081784)

Every time I go to my Pod, I tell him my ankle hurts, and the calf of my leg aches. He doesn't comment much except to say that the ankle hurts because of the TTS. I am going to go see another Pod for some tests, and I intend to ask him about it also. Sometimes my ankle feels like it is badly sprained, or fractured. No one has said anything about arthritis to me, but I have wondered about that too. I will ask the doc when I go.
Sometimes my ankle pain is worse than any other part of my foot.
I don't think your crazy, stand by your guns!!!

Pat B on 4/30/02 at 19:39 (081863)

Hi

My normal TTS pain is pain below the ankles--left foot both sides have trapped nerves and right foot I feel on the inside. I get cramps mostly in the bottom of my feet mainly in the arch. I get cramps in my toes in bed and if my feet get cold. Sudden movements can make them cramp as well. Walking is quite painful. My bones leading to my toes feel as though they are broken which can really hurt. I say it feels as though I am being crucified or like somebody is driving a stake through them. My ankles swell quite often on the inside of my ankles. I had TTS surgery 1 year ago and the bottom of my scar feels like it is still a fresh cut. Podiatrist says it is from nerves and that my scar is healed. I believe him. I guess that is my TTS in a nutshell. I hate it when all symptoms flare together. It is enough to make me cry (and has).

It is not easy living with TTS and Fibro. I am just about 40 and can hardly work now but I still do (full time and mostly on my feet). My feet are killing me with hardly any relief any more. A sit down job hurts just as much because my feet hurt just touching the floor. Fibro acts up worse when inactive. I get so stiff and lots of cramps. It is not easy living in a body that feels like 80. I hate to see what I feel like when I am 80. As far as relief, I go through therapy weekly, see a chiropractor, and lots of pills. I do have arthritis in my spine already and I hate constantly going to doctors because they act like you are crazy and write everything off as TTS or Fibro. I stopped asking. I just wondered if anyone has arthritis from TTS because I would bet that I have some now. I guess there would not be too much a doc could do anyway for that. Surgery is out of the question for me now. First didn't work. My podiatrist said at the time of my surgery that I had lots of pathology in my foot but did not specify on what pathology meant in that regard when I asked. I figured it must have been his way of saying my foot was irrepairable.

Thanks for the response.

Margie on 5/09/02 at 16:09 (083254)

Hi Pat,
You have described the pain I am having also.
I have had surgery on both feet and i failed them. Tarsal tunnel release.
Now I am trying to get disability for my lose of job and unable to go back to work. I am 40 in June and it is terrible to be limited to barely any activates. I used to rollerskate, water ski, freebee all kinds of sports. Not now can throw a ball for a few minutes and that is with pain.
Are you seeking any conpensation for your disabilities?
I would like to have your email address so we can keep in touch.
I don't have anyone to talk too about this that understands.
And it makes me feel so alone.
If you want to email me: (email removed)
Sincerely,
Margie