Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pauline-Laser Therapy

Posted by John h on 4/29/02 at 18:23 (081644)

Pauline: I will not vouch for the correctness of this article but perhaps it may answer some questions about Laser Thearpy: 'In the 1960's Europeanscientists began to use light beams of specific wavelengths and frequencies to treat damaged cell tissue. The light enters the body as photons, then they are absorbed by the photoreceptors within the cell. Photons strike the damaged tissue including the skin,blood,muscle,and bone, and create a cellular response which reduces pain and jump-starts the healing process.'

Re: Pauline-Laser Therapy

Carmel M on 4/30/02 at 14:20 (081803)

John, that's an excellent description of the laser therapy, almost exactly as Cori at Bayshore explained it to me. I was a little worried that the laser therapy would 'undo' the ESWT but that's incorrect. It does jump-start the healing process.

Carmel

Re: Pauline-Laser Therapy

Carmel M on 4/30/02 at 14:20 (081803)

John, that's an excellent description of the laser therapy, almost exactly as Cori at Bayshore explained it to me. I was a little worried that the laser therapy would 'undo' the ESWT but that's incorrect. It does jump-start the healing process.

Carmel