Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

i am back from the docs

Posted by kay on 4/29/02 at 19:56 (081658)

doc says he thinks not only do i have pf but tarsel tunnel also. he put my on meds called neurotin to calm down the inflammed nerves. i finally got the cast off. he really cheered me up and gave me hope. wooo hooo you should've seen the hair on my leg! i came home and soaked my foot and scrubbed it. gosh it felt good to do that...and shave it.
thanks to everyone who has been so supportive.
kay

Re: i am back from the docs

Pam B on 4/29/02 at 19:59 (081662)

I am glad you are feeling better Kay......and I know how good it feels to get that cast off......woohoo is an understatement.......:) and my friend, support is what this board is all about :) and there is always hope......good luck to you and keep us posted

Re: TTS and Neurontin

Sharon W on 4/30/02 at 07:30 (081724)

Kay,

What dose of Neurontin did he put you on? Did your Dr. tell you that for some people it takes a couple of weeks to begin helping with the nerve pain? Lots of people say it really helps them, though, so hang in there!

Yeah, it must have felt REALLY GOOD to get that cast off!

If you want to look up some info on Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, try

http://www.efn.org/~opal/tarsal1.html

and/or you can visit the Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome message board; most of the people who post there do have TTS and do understand the special problems TTS involves...

-- Sharon

Re: i am back from the docs

Pam B on 4/29/02 at 19:59 (081662)

I am glad you are feeling better Kay......and I know how good it feels to get that cast off......woohoo is an understatement.......:) and my friend, support is what this board is all about :) and there is always hope......good luck to you and keep us posted

Re: TTS and Neurontin

Sharon W on 4/30/02 at 07:30 (081724)

Kay,

What dose of Neurontin did he put you on? Did your Dr. tell you that for some people it takes a couple of weeks to begin helping with the nerve pain? Lots of people say it really helps them, though, so hang in there!

Yeah, it must have felt REALLY GOOD to get that cast off!

If you want to look up some info on Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, try

http://www.efn.org/~opal/tarsal1.html

and/or you can visit the Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome message board; most of the people who post there do have TTS and do understand the special problems TTS involves...

-- Sharon