Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laurie

Posted by Carmen on 4/30/02 at 11:25 (081772)

7 more days Laurie!!!! Are you excited??

Re: Laurie

Laurie R on 4/30/02 at 16:04 (081829)

You know it , I really am , I just want it to come so fast and be done with it . I am so ready for the long road to recovery . I have nothing but high hopes and much faith . I am going to see my Pod this Thursday , he wanted me to come in again for another pre opp since the last one was about 4 weeks ago . This is good cause my hubby can go this time ... Then on Friday I have an appointment with my PM doc .. So I am so ready ..... Thanks for asking ..How are you doing ? Much love , Laurie R

Carmen on 4/30/02 at 16:27 (081830)

Pretty good! Had my Kinesiologist work on me yesterday and had a massage (I treated myself!!!) and had a pain free day all day.
Today a little discomfort but you know...I gotta wonder why every time I see him I feel better!!!
Glad you are looking forward to a positive experience!!!
I am praying for you.

Tammie on 4/30/02 at 17:45 (081839)

Laurie I think about you every day as I include a reminder to the big guy upstairs that he has this long awaited day saved for his personal visit , to guide your Dr.s hands and to fix the horrible pain you feel! He is going to be there with you Laurie keep the faith you are due for a miracle in your life! I am sorry have not been able to email much lately!

My hubbys mother is been not doing to well living alone , she is in florida and 77 she has terrible arthritis and is pretty much in a wheel chair . It has been a hard decision to come to for his family but hubby will be going to florida maybe next week to bring his mother home. We are making arangements for her in a beautiful home that I work in so that she might have family all around her and I will see her often thru working.It has been very hard on family as it is hard to accept mom just cant be alone any longer and the care she needs cant really be done by us, she is a diabetic and was considering a hip replacement and well a long story but the dr. and the home she would have been down in flor, was not what you would want for your loved one. So forgive me if I pop in quick to catch up and try to answer a few at a time! Also have to find time to shop for nikki it is her semi formal next weekend and I have not had time or actually felt like looking for dresses, I have promised I would take her fri after school and after I get home from work. I hope I can move as malls are not my ideal of fun for sad sick feet. Moms got to do what they got to do. Pray that she finds her dress in first store!!! LOL may the good lord let my feet get thru it hahah!Love to you and know that I am with you in thoughts and prayers!

Carmen on 4/30/02 at 18:32 (081843)

Try a consignment shop Tammie...for your daughters dress.
Less $, less time on your feet...more personal attention than a mall.

Suzanne D on 4/30/02 at 18:40 (081849)

Laurie, not a day goes by that I do not think of you! I will be so glad for next Tuesday to come for you! So many all over the world will be thinking of you and lifting up your name in prayers. I hope that continues to give you strength! We'll all celebrate when we hear your surgery has been successful!

Suzanne :-)

Re: Good idea, Carmen, and good luck, Tammie!

Suzanne D on 4/30/02 at 18:44 (081852)

Yes, Carmen, consignment shops are great - especially for those 'special occasion' dresses! My daughter took her senior prom dress from 3 years ago in early this spring, and it sold quickly. We have had good luck with those shops. I even found my 'Mother of the Bride' dress for next year about a month ago at one! (Now that is a good motivator not to gain any weight in the next year!) :-)

I am sure your daughter will look beautiful, Tammie. These times are particularly special for moms and daughters!

Take care, and hang in there until May 20th! I'm thinking of you so often and am glad to hear you are learning to relax more and take it one day at a time.

wendyn on 4/30/02 at 20:46 (081875)

I love consignment shops, and you are so right about the personal attention. I got a beautiful gown for Christmas - paid a whopping $34.00 and I didn't even have to have it hemmed!!!!

Laurie R on 4/30/02 at 16:04 (081829)

You know it , I really am , I just want it to come so fast and be done with it . I am so ready for the long road to recovery . I have nothing but high hopes and much faith . I am going to see my Pod this Thursday , he wanted me to come in again for another pre opp since the last one was about 4 weeks ago . This is good cause my hubby can go this time ... Then on Friday I have an appointment with my PM doc .. So I am so ready ..... Thanks for asking ..How are you doing ? Much love , Laurie R

Carmen on 4/30/02 at 16:27 (081830)

Pretty good! Had my Kinesiologist work on me yesterday and had a massage (I treated myself!!!) and had a pain free day all day.
Today a little discomfort but you know...I gotta wonder why every time I see him I feel better!!!
Glad you are looking forward to a positive experience!!!
I am praying for you.

Tammie on 4/30/02 at 17:45 (081839)

Laurie I think about you every day as I include a reminder to the big guy upstairs that he has this long awaited day saved for his personal visit , to guide your Dr.s hands and to fix the horrible pain you feel! He is going to be there with you Laurie keep the faith you are due for a miracle in your life! I am sorry have not been able to email much lately!

My hubbys mother is been not doing to well living alone , she is in florida and 77 she has terrible arthritis and is pretty much in a wheel chair . It has been a hard decision to come to for his family but hubby will be going to florida maybe next week to bring his mother home. We are making arangements for her in a beautiful home that I work in so that she might have family all around her and I will see her often thru working.It has been very hard on family as it is hard to accept mom just cant be alone any longer and the care she needs cant really be done by us, she is a diabetic and was considering a hip replacement and well a long story but the dr. and the home she would have been down in flor, was not what you would want for your loved one. So forgive me if I pop in quick to catch up and try to answer a few at a time! Also have to find time to shop for nikki it is her semi formal next weekend and I have not had time or actually felt like looking for dresses, I have promised I would take her fri after school and after I get home from work. I hope I can move as malls are not my ideal of fun for sad sick feet. Moms got to do what they got to do. Pray that she finds her dress in first store!!! LOL may the good lord let my feet get thru it hahah!Love to you and know that I am with you in thoughts and prayers!

Carmen on 4/30/02 at 18:32 (081843)

Try a consignment shop Tammie...for your daughters dress.
Less $, less time on your feet...more personal attention than a mall.

Suzanne D on 4/30/02 at 18:40 (081849)

Laurie, not a day goes by that I do not think of you! I will be so glad for next Tuesday to come for you! So many all over the world will be thinking of you and lifting up your name in prayers. I hope that continues to give you strength! We'll all celebrate when we hear your surgery has been successful!

Re: Good idea, Carmen, and good luck, Tammie!

Suzanne D on 4/30/02 at 18:44 (081852)

Yes, Carmen, consignment shops are great - especially for those 'special occasion' dresses! My daughter took her senior prom dress from 3 years ago in early this spring, and it sold quickly. We have had good luck with those shops. I even found my 'Mother of the Bride' dress for next year about a month ago at one! (Now that is a good motivator not to gain any weight in the next year!) :-)

I am sure your daughter will look beautiful, Tammie. These times are particularly special for moms and daughters!

Take care, and hang in there until May 20th! I'm thinking of you so often and am glad to hear you are learning to relax more and take it one day at a time.

wendyn on 4/30/02 at 20:46 (081875)

I love consignment shops, and you are so right about the personal attention. I got a beautiful gown for Christmas - paid a whopping $34.00 and I didn't even have to have it hemmed!!!!