Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt after a tear in medial area of fascia?

Posted by lisa k on 5/01/02 at 08:58 (081931)

got an approval letter from insurance dont want to miss opprtunity if it could help in any way to end this dreaded foot condition;how long after the mri showed tear partial detachment should you wait ,in camwalkeer and still in apin 24/7 for 3 weeks, no stress fracture showed if got approved with one docter is it too late to switch would have to get approval again/ thx

Re: eswt after a tear in medial area of fascia?typos corrections

lisa k on 5/01/02 at 10:20 (081951)

i believe had tear at least since christmas, just confirmed that ideed existed this month, when I pleaded with pod to do an mri (vrs just wait 12months and do nothing- because i am limping still and pain)
MRIshowed postitive-tear partial detachment medial area- my foot stiil hurts in cam walker 24/7 'do nothing'protocal --have finished 2 1/2 wks of this protacol,
my question again is after tear what would need to heal first, or how long should would wait or ,is eswt not indicated at all(2-3wkssessions of PT/ 3 cortisone shts already/pain after trauma/ flat pronated feetin orthodics since sept 01) thanks my insurance just approved eswt but confused now!

David G. on 5/06/02 at 15:51 (082680)

Which insurance company do you have?

Joya on 5/14/02 at 02:58 (083790)

I am in a similar situation. 1 1/2 years after partial rupture in the medial area of fascia comfirmed by MRI 1 year ago. Tried ALL treatments available except a cam walker (including 'do nothing' all the time-don't even do my own grocery shopping any more)over the last years and now am scheduled for ESWT starting July 8th, 2002. If any one can tell us if ESWT is helpful in treating tears in the fascia or if it is most usefull only for straight forward PF it would be nice to hear from you. There is tons of information on PF treatments und such but not so much what to do when there is a tear or rupture in the fascia. Thanks, and good luck on your ESWT Lisa. Let us know how it goes.

DR Zuckerman on 5/14/02 at 14:55 (083854)

Hi

I have treated a few patinets with small tear in the medial band of the plantar fascia. The tears can from trauma, one came from a local steriod . It took three ESWT treatment to heal the area but it did heal and the pain is gone

Joya on 5/16/02 at 02:58 (084110)

Thank you so so much for your reply and word of encouragement Dr. Zuckerman in treating tears of the fascia with ESWT! May I ask about the three treatments, was that three treatments with the high frequency Donier machine or lower frequency Ossatron? I will be having 3 treatments with the Ossatron machine at a Sonorex Treatment center (in Canada).

DR Zuckerman on 5/16/02 at 14:41 (084172)

If was done with the orbie. I am told that high energy is the best treatment for this type of problem

lisa k on 5/01/02 at 10:20 (081951)

i believe had tear at least since christmas, just confirmed that ideed existed this month, when I pleaded with pod to do an mri (vrs just wait 12months and do nothing- because i am limping still and pain)
MRIshowed postitive-tear partial detachment medial area- my foot stiil hurts in cam walker 24/7 'do nothing'protocal --have finished 2 1/2 wks of this protacol,
my question again is after tear what would need to heal first, or how long should would wait or ,is eswt not indicated at all(2-3wkssessions of PT/ 3 cortisone shts already/pain after trauma/ flat pronated feetin orthodics since sept 01) thanks my insurance just approved eswt but confused now!

David G. on 5/06/02 at 15:51 (082680)

Which insurance company do you have?

Joya on 5/14/02 at 02:58 (083790)

I am in a similar situation. 1 1/2 years after partial rupture in the medial area of fascia comfirmed by MRI 1 year ago. Tried ALL treatments available except a cam walker (including 'do nothing' all the time-don't even do my own grocery shopping any more)over the last years and now am scheduled for ESWT starting July 8th, 2002. If any one can tell us if ESWT is helpful in treating tears in the fascia or if it is most usefull only for straight forward PF it would be nice to hear from you. There is tons of information on PF treatments und such but not so much what to do when there is a tear or rupture in the fascia. Thanks, and good luck on your ESWT Lisa. Let us know how it goes.

DR Zuckerman on 5/14/02 at 14:55 (083854)

Hi

I have treated a few patinets with small tear in the medial band of the plantar fascia. The tears can from trauma, one came from a local steriod . It took three ESWT treatment to heal the area but it did heal and the pain is gone

Joya on 5/16/02 at 02:58 (084110)

Thank you so so much for your reply and word of encouragement Dr. Zuckerman in treating tears of the fascia with ESWT! May I ask about the three treatments, was that three treatments with the high frequency Donier machine or lower frequency Ossatron? I will be having 3 treatments with the Ossatron machine at a Sonorex Treatment center (in Canada).

DR Zuckerman on 5/16/02 at 14:41 (084172)

If was done with the orbie. I am told that high energy is the best treatment for this type of problem