Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

rsd and more blocks

Posted by susie c on 5/01/02 at 14:06 (081996)

Hello Everyone, I went back to Pain management Dr one week after the nerve block,he confirmed rsd right foot. Now I have a injection every week for 3 weeks with therapy following the injection for 1 hour. He wants agressive exerise while it is numb and feels this will put it into remission. The rsd can come back. As for the TTS he feels the nerve is still trapped and the blocks are not going to help that because that is a whole different nerve system. I also will go to therapy 2 days after the block each week He is going to but me to sleep with a short acting anesthesia so I should'nt be to groggy for the therapy. I sure hope so !!! Let hope it works! bye for now. Susie

Re: rsd and more blocks

Sharon W on 5/01/02 at 18:01 (082035)

Susie,

When will you have the first injection done (or have you already done it once?)-- and exactly what are they injecting?? I sure hope you will post and let us know how it all went, and how you're feeling afterward...

Good luck to you; I hope it brings you great relief!

-- Sharon

eileenc on 5/04/02 at 07:08 (082384)

Aggressive therapy for TTS? One of the several doctors I went to during this TTS ordeal gave me 'heel cord' and other stretching exercises to do.

That is when my symptoms started getting much worse all at once. I have read that this can exacerbate the problem if there is scar tissue involved which may tear even more.

Dr. Davis may know for sure.

Re: How are you Susie

Tammie on 5/07/02 at 09:45 (082795)

I have been watching as you post as I am truly interested in your progress. Also I guess it is showing me what may happen to myself when I finally get in to this pain management program. Now are you getting any relief? How are the blocks effecting your daily living? Are you able to do more with out pain? Do you take other medications besides the blocks? Sorry for all the questions I am really interested in the progress or the lack of progress ? I do hope that you are feeling better and that something is giving you relief!Hugs to you and I am hoping the sun is shining in your heart!

susie c on 5/07/02 at 18:07 (082882)

Tammy, I had my 2nd block today and now I am fine but what a rough morning . After the block I seemed fine and then went over for the therapy and my leg felt like it was on FIRE and blew up so we were not able to do much they had me lay with it elevated for awhile and then I went home. I called Dr he said it is just a reaction from the injection and would stop in a few hours.He was right it did. This di not happen after the first injection so I am puzzled?????? I have'nt seen Laurie on the board to ask Questions (she had 7 I think) so any way we do it again next week and I go for therapy again this Thur. Thanks for asking how I am and the sun is shinning ! Susie PS> The meds I take is elavil at night it helps me sleep and I have the Lidocaine patches for at night.

Tammie on 5/07/02 at 18:34 (082891)

Gee Susie, I am sorry to hear about the fire feeling I wonder what that is about? Laurie just had surgery today that might be why u have not seen her . Do they think thease blocks are working? Is the pain at a different level? Do you stay awake for each one? I have heard you can be put out with iv. I take elevil also but it does not have its total effect anymore, seems to have adjusted my tolerance to it. So they put you on patches are they helpful? Do you get sleep on a regular schedule or are u up ever two or so hrs? I miss getting a whole night sleep without any pain interuptions. I wonder what it is like sleeping sometimes.LOL well I am praying for you susie I really hope this helps you and soon you will be able to say the pain is getting better! Take care my friend and keep me posted as I am really listening to u with interest as we have some things in common. My email is (email removed) if you would like to email me!

Sharon W on 5/01/02 at 18:01 (082035)

Susie,

When will you have the first injection done (or have you already done it once?)-- and exactly what are they injecting?? I sure hope you will post and let us know how it all went, and how you're feeling afterward...

Good luck to you; I hope it brings you great relief!

-- Sharon

eileenc on 5/04/02 at 07:08 (082384)

Aggressive therapy for TTS? One of the several doctors I went to during this TTS ordeal gave me 'heel cord' and other stretching exercises to do.

That is when my symptoms started getting much worse all at once. I have read that this can exacerbate the problem if there is scar tissue involved which may tear even more.

Dr. Davis may know for sure.

Tammie on 5/07/02 at 09:45 (082795)

I have been watching as you post as I am truly interested in your progress. Also I guess it is showing me what may happen to myself when I finally get in to this pain management program. Now are you getting any relief? How are the blocks effecting your daily living? Are you able to do more with out pain? Do you take other medications besides the blocks? Sorry for all the questions I am really interested in the progress or the lack of progress ? I do hope that you are feeling better and that something is giving you relief!Hugs to you and I am hoping the sun is shining in your heart!

susie c on 5/07/02 at 18:07 (082882)

Tammy, I had my 2nd block today and now I am fine but what a rough morning . After the block I seemed fine and then went over for the therapy and my leg felt like it was on FIRE and blew up so we were not able to do much they had me lay with it elevated for awhile and then I went home. I called Dr he said it is just a reaction from the injection and would stop in a few hours.He was right it did. This di not happen after the first injection so I am puzzled?????? I have'nt seen Laurie on the board to ask Questions (she had 7 I think) so any way we do it again next week and I go for therapy again this Thur. Thanks for asking how I am and the sun is shinning ! Susie PS> The meds I take is elavil at night it helps me sleep and I have the Lidocaine patches for at night.

Tammie on 5/07/02 at 18:34 (082891)

Gee Susie, I am sorry to hear about the fire feeling I wonder what that is about? Laurie just had surgery today that might be why u have not seen her . Do they think thease blocks are working? Is the pain at a different level? Do you stay awake for each one? I have heard you can be put out with iv. I take elevil also but it does not have its total effect anymore, seems to have adjusted my tolerance to it. So they put you on patches are they helpful? Do you get sleep on a regular schedule or are u up ever two or so hrs? I miss getting a whole night sleep without any pain interuptions. I wonder what it is like sleeping sometimes.LOL well I am praying for you susie I really hope this helps you and soon you will be able to say the pain is getting better! Take care my friend and keep me posted as I am really listening to u with interest as we have some things in common. My email is (email removed) if you would like to email me!