Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

burning sensation

Posted by larry on 5/01/02 at 15:47 (082007)

For about a yr I've been waking up hobbling about til I'm fully awake. After a while it's gone and it's no big deal. Lately, I've had a pain in my left foot that feels like my heel is being pushed into the cement. I will admit I haven't been wearing the best shoes, but I never have before. I figured it would go away but it hasn't. Now the once pounding pain has moved around my foot and it's starting to sting. Is there some anti-inflammatory medicine I should be taking? Please help me if you can..Thank you so much..Larry

Re: burning sensation

Carmen on 5/01/02 at 19:32 (082053)

Larry~
1. Read the heel pain book (the link is at the bottom of this page)
2. DON'T go Barefoot whatever you do.
3. Get to a Podiatrist...pronto.
4. Get some good shoes...and don't ever go back to the cheapies.
5. This won't just 'go away' it requires careful attention and healing time.
6. Take Naproxen, Advil or something OTC anti-inflamms until you see your doctor (provided your stomach can handle it and it won't interfere with current meds)
7. Come back and read your head off on these boards...you're going to learn more than you ever imagined.
p.s. I am not a doctor...jsut a sufferer learning the hard way like everyone else.
good luck and keep us posted!!

Dan L on 5/01/02 at 20:28 (082064)

Oh my! Larry, go to a podiatrist ASAP. I was like you but waited well over a year before I sought help. My feet became so bad that it's been 6 years and I'll still looking for a cure...or just an improvement would be great!
It's like so many things. The sooner you catch it and seek professional help, the better off you'll be. Just go see a Doc. You'll be fine. And, go buy some (expensive) Birkenstock or Mephisto shoes. Best wishes!!
P.S. Amoung other pains that seem to shift and change with time, I also have the burning sensation on the bottom of both feet. It feels like you just walked across VERY HOT sand at the beach and you have that left over 'sizzlin' feeling. Some fun, huh. Good Luck!! MANY do recover from this!

John K on 5/02/02 at 18:27 (082184)

My feet burn and sting and throb. I have had PF for 16 years. It gets worse with age and weight gain. Now my feet hurt like hell all the time. When the doctors cut they cut soft tissue. That can be tricky.

DR Zuckerman on 5/02/02 at 19:55 (082202)

Hi

Need to have an evaluation to check the nerves in your foot. Does sound like plantar fasciitis. Read the heel pain book but please have a doctor take a look to give you a complete evaulation.

Rachel W. on 5/03/02 at 18:09 (082346)

16 years? I think thats the longest so far that i've read about.
Everytime I go on this website and read about different people, it gets longer and longer. I've only had PF about 3 months and that seems like forever. I can't imagine it going on for years. I sympathize with you all.

Carmen on 5/01/02 at 19:32 (082053)

Larry~
1. Read the heel pain book (the link is at the bottom of this page)
2. DON'T go Barefoot whatever you do.
3. Get to a Podiatrist...pronto.
4. Get some good shoes...and don't ever go back to the cheapies.
5. This won't just 'go away' it requires careful attention and healing time.
6. Take Naproxen, Advil or something OTC anti-inflamms until you see your doctor (provided your stomach can handle it and it won't interfere with current meds)
7. Come back and read your head off on these boards...you're going to learn more than you ever imagined.
p.s. I am not a doctor...jsut a sufferer learning the hard way like everyone else.
good luck and keep us posted!!

Dan L on 5/01/02 at 20:28 (082064)

Oh my! Larry, go to a podiatrist ASAP. I was like you but waited well over a year before I sought help. My feet became so bad that it's been 6 years and I'll still looking for a cure...or just an improvement would be great!
It's like so many things. The sooner you catch it and seek professional help, the better off you'll be. Just go see a Doc. You'll be fine. And, go buy some (expensive) Birkenstock or Mephisto shoes. Best wishes!!
P.S. Amoung other pains that seem to shift and change with time, I also have the burning sensation on the bottom of both feet. It feels like you just walked across VERY HOT sand at the beach and you have that left over 'sizzlin' feeling. Some fun, huh. Good Luck!! MANY do recover from this!

John K on 5/02/02 at 18:27 (082184)

My feet burn and sting and throb. I have had PF for 16 years. It gets worse with age and weight gain. Now my feet hurt like hell all the time. When the doctors cut they cut soft tissue. That can be tricky.

DR Zuckerman on 5/02/02 at 19:55 (082202)

Hi

Need to have an evaluation to check the nerves in your foot. Does sound like plantar fasciitis. Read the heel pain book but please have a doctor take a look to give you a complete evaulation.

Rachel W. on 5/03/02 at 18:09 (082346)

16 years? I think thats the longest so far that i've read about.
Everytime I go on this website and read about different people, it gets longer and longer. I've only had PF about 3 months and that seems like forever. I can't imagine it going on for years. I sympathize with you all.