Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dan D...don't know if you will check back here...

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 5/01/02 at 22:10 (082079)

I hope the advice given helped you out. The people here are really geninue. I hope you continue to hang out here.

I added you to my prayer list (along with some of these posters in here!) ;)

Re: Dan D...don't know if you will check back here...

Dan D. on 5/04/02 at 07:50 (082385)

Hi everyone,
I'm so sorry I didn't respond to all of your encouraging words after my first posting. I got really busy right after I sent that posting and was unable to spend anytime on on-line. Now I am going out of town for a week, so it will be a week before I can be on-line again. Anyway, I do appreciate all of the encouraging and understanding words. It did encourage me and enable me to keep going. Sometimes when you combine emotional discouragement with the physical pain, it can be overwhelming.
Encouraging words from those who know what I'm experiencing go along way in
boosting my spirit and putting some wind at my back in this journey.
God bless! I'll check back in a week.
Dan D.

Re: I am glad to see you were encouraged

Mahatmelissama on 5/05/02 at 11:12 (082499)

I too feel encouraged by the people at this site. Sometimes they are literally the ONLY people who seem to understand the depth of my pain. I know somebody who had a very very light case of PF and she cured it by using OTC stuff. She seems to think her case is like mine...it is like comparing apples and oranges. Today I am suffering from pain from standing too much at a church women function and also sitting for hours (for some reason, sitting in some chairs and not being able to put my feet in a comfortable place make it way worse too). I know better than to try to explain to anyone who doesn't suffer from PF what this is like...they just do not get it.

The only people to understand the depth of pain of having jacked up feet are people who have been through not being able to take a shower sometimes standing up...not being able to stand in line...etc...the ones in here.

I wish you God's Speed and hope you stick around.

Melissa

Carole C in NOLA on 5/05/02 at 12:26 (082506)

I agree with you so heartily! NOBODY that I know seems to have a clue about what I've been through, other than the people here.

Making things doubly difficult has been my personal observation that rest seems vitally important for me to heal. People away from heelspurs.com do NOT understand that and are so quick to demand or to slam me for not doing things. They equate PF with the mildly aching feet that overweight people or salespeople with healthy feet often have. This confusion is common but it is also utterly insane.

Having acute PF is hard. Dealing with peoples' attitudes is even harder, sometimes. As you know, I lost the man I'd been dating for two years and although I'm not sure, I feel that my PF might have contributed to that break-up. Good thing I found out.

I have become more and more secretive about my PF, because nobody understands or cares anyway. If I have to say something, I tell them I have Achilles tendonitis (which I do, like many of us, along with PF). I have noticed that atheletes and politicians often 'have Achilles tendonitis' but never seem to 'have PF' (even though my doctor tells me that the PF syndrome that I have, with Achilles tendonitis, other tendonitis, bursitis and so on, is usually what happens) so I guess Achilles tendonitis is easier for people to understand and sympathize with.

Melissa, my feet sometimes hurt when I sit too, especially if the floor is hard and the height of the chair means there's some weight on my feet. In a strange environment I guess all one can do is to move them around a lot, let them fall sideways, rotate them at the ankles, and basically fidget a lot. It hurts! Believe me, we DO understand.

Nobody on earth other than the heelspurs.com crowd understands my joy at having retired my shower stool and being able to stand in my shower shoes long enough to get clean. Being able to slip on my shower shoes and hop into the shower quickly and spontaneously is a wonderful freedom.

Carole C

john h on 5/06/02 at 09:18 (082601)

I think the pain of PF comes in second to the emotional havoc it creates in ones life and the lack of understanding of not only people your work and associate with but often the people closest to you. If we all lived in the same town and could have monthly meetings would that not be super and a big help? Thank heaven for the internet or else I would by now have had surgery on both feet and probably even a second time.

Re: Dan D...don't know if you will check back here...

Dan D. on 5/04/02 at 07:50 (082385)

Hi everyone,
I'm so sorry I didn't respond to all of your encouraging words after my first posting. I got really busy right after I sent that posting and was unable to spend anytime on on-line. Now I am going out of town for a week, so it will be a week before I can be on-line again. Anyway, I do appreciate all of the encouraging and understanding words. It did encourage me and enable me to keep going. Sometimes when you combine emotional discouragement with the physical pain, it can be overwhelming.
Encouraging words from those who know what I'm experiencing go along way in
boosting my spirit and putting some wind at my back in this journey.
God bless! I'll check back in a week.
Dan D.

Mahatmelissama on 5/05/02 at 11:12 (082499)

I too feel encouraged by the people at this site. Sometimes they are literally the ONLY people who seem to understand the depth of my pain. I know somebody who had a very very light case of PF and she cured it by using OTC stuff. She seems to think her case is like mine...it is like comparing apples and oranges. Today I am suffering from pain from standing too much at a church women function and also sitting for hours (for some reason, sitting in some chairs and not being able to put my feet in a comfortable place make it way worse too). I know better than to try to explain to anyone who doesn't suffer from PF what this is like...they just do not get it.

The only people to understand the depth of pain of having jacked up feet are people who have been through not being able to take a shower sometimes standing up...not being able to stand in line...etc...the ones in here.

I wish you God's Speed and hope you stick around.

Melissa

Carole C in NOLA on 5/05/02 at 12:26 (082506)

I agree with you so heartily! NOBODY that I know seems to have a clue about what I've been through, other than the people here.

Making things doubly difficult has been my personal observation that rest seems vitally important for me to heal. People away from heelspurs.com do NOT understand that and are so quick to demand or to slam me for not doing things. They equate PF with the mildly aching feet that overweight people or salespeople with healthy feet often have. This confusion is common but it is also utterly insane.

Having acute PF is hard. Dealing with peoples' attitudes is even harder, sometimes. As you know, I lost the man I'd been dating for two years and although I'm not sure, I feel that my PF might have contributed to that break-up. Good thing I found out.

I have become more and more secretive about my PF, because nobody understands or cares anyway. If I have to say something, I tell them I have Achilles tendonitis (which I do, like many of us, along with PF). I have noticed that atheletes and politicians often 'have Achilles tendonitis' but never seem to 'have PF' (even though my doctor tells me that the PF syndrome that I have, with Achilles tendonitis, other tendonitis, bursitis and so on, is usually what happens) so I guess Achilles tendonitis is easier for people to understand and sympathize with.

Melissa, my feet sometimes hurt when I sit too, especially if the floor is hard and the height of the chair means there's some weight on my feet. In a strange environment I guess all one can do is to move them around a lot, let them fall sideways, rotate them at the ankles, and basically fidget a lot. It hurts! Believe me, we DO understand.

Nobody on earth other than the heelspurs.com crowd understands my joy at having retired my shower stool and being able to stand in my shower shoes long enough to get clean. Being able to slip on my shower shoes and hop into the shower quickly and spontaneously is a wonderful freedom.

Carole C

john h on 5/06/02 at 09:18 (082601)

I think the pain of PF comes in second to the emotional havoc it creates in ones life and the lack of understanding of not only people your work and associate with but often the people closest to you. If we all lived in the same town and could have monthly meetings would that not be super and a big help? Thank heaven for the internet or else I would by now have had surgery on both feet and probably even a second time.