Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laurie is counting the days!!

Posted by Necee on 5/02/02 at 12:41 (082140)

Laurie, I know that you must be counting the days till surgery!!
All the best.
Love and prayers,
Necee

Re: Laurie is counting the days!!RE YES I WAM JUST HAD MY PRE OPP

Laurie R on 5/02/02 at 15:43 (082159)

Dear Necee , I just got home from my pre opp , this is my second one , as the last one was over a month ago . My Pod promised me it is a go for this Tue May 7 th . WE has such a nice talk about my surgery and what to expect and what I am suppose to do during recovery . He asked how I was doing , I think he wanted to know where my head is at. I said I am doing great !!!!! I am so ready for Tue to come ..

As you all know I am a very difficult case , so he just wants to make sure everything is perfect... He said I was making him nervous , I laughed , I said I make everyone nervous . He is the type of doctor that you can talk about anything with and he never ever rushes me .. He is the one that is also treating me for my panic disorder... All I can say is bless his heart , and he does have a very big heart. He not only said sorry to me for the recheduling of my surgery but also to my hubby. I had told my Pod that my hubby had to change his vacation due to what happened... So I thought that was nice..

He wanted to make sure who was going to be taking care of me and my kids . He asked who was going to drive my kids to school... I told him my mom and my hubby .

So everything is set for Tue ... I want to thank everyone here , you all have been so very wonderful to me. Man I can't even count how many times I came here to vent and their was always so many to listen .

I AM SO READY !!!!!

Thank you again , much love to you all .

PS my sweet daughter Angel will give you all an update after my surgery on Tue .....

Laurie R

Re: Your pump

BrianG on 5/04/02 at 20:57 (082451)

Hi Laurie,

I've been thinking about your pump, and some other folks I've read about that had them. Make sure you keep your doctor up to date on how the pump is working. They can add all types of meds, to the pump, for whatever might come up. There is a web site message board, run by people with the pumps. If you want, I may be able to find the link for you. They call themselves 'The pumpsters' :*)

Good luck
BrianG

Laurie R on 5/04/02 at 22:48 (082459)

HI Brian , I don't know if we are talking about the same kind of pump. Mine will be an epidural catheter , my pain management doctor will implant it frist the day of my foot surgery this Tue . The meds that will go through it are the same as when I get the spinel injections , so it will only be going dwon my leg to my foot .... But I would love to look at the web site you are talking about , if you don't mind can you give me the web site... Thanks Brain , my best to you .Laurie R

BrianG on 5/04/02 at 22:58 (082460)

Yes, maybe you are right, and it's a different type of pump than I was thinking of. These are implanted under the rib cage, and the catheter goes into the spinal canal. It's probably a much more long term type of pump. I did find the link though. Go to: (email removed) When the directory page comes up, just type in Pumpsters
Not sure, but you may have to be a member to contribute.
Anyways, good luck, you've done your homework, and there is no reason to get worried now :*)

BrianG

PS If this doesn't work, let me know, and I'll get you connected by a more direct route.

Nancy N on 5/05/02 at 05:44 (082470)

Brian--

Looks like there's a little problem with your link. The address for this group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pumpsters/ (links can't have @ symbols in them, they're reserved for email addresses).

Hope you don't mind me jumping in--I don't know anything about this e-list (You have to subscribe) or pumps but I do know my way around Yahoo Groups :)

Laurie R on 5/05/02 at 08:30 (082483)

Thank you Brian and Nancy , I went to the web site but they have to review my membership first before I can get in to read the posts.... I think it is top secerets....LOL so I am waiting for an email ..... Thank you both of the info , I would love to read this before I have mine done on Tue .. I have read some on it already , but to me reading from people that have them would be the best..... Laurie R

BrianG on 5/05/02 at 10:39 (082492)

Nancy, thanks for fixing the URL, how any of this works can be a mystery to me :*) I believe that most of the people that belong to this group are in extreme chronic pain, and came from a MGH message board thats had it's share of trolls. By regestering, the moderator can ensure that doesn't happen. Hope you can get in, Laurie.

BrianG

Re: Laurie is counting the days!!RE YES I WAM JUST HAD MY PRE OPP

Laurie R on 5/02/02 at 15:43 (082159)

Dear Necee , I just got home from my pre opp , this is my second one , as the last one was over a month ago . My Pod promised me it is a go for this Tue May 7 th . WE has such a nice talk about my surgery and what to expect and what I am suppose to do during recovery . He asked how I was doing , I think he wanted to know where my head is at. I said I am doing great !!!!! I am so ready for Tue to come ..

As you all know I am a very difficult case , so he just wants to make sure everything is perfect... He said I was making him nervous , I laughed , I said I make everyone nervous . He is the type of doctor that you can talk about anything with and he never ever rushes me .. He is the one that is also treating me for my panic disorder... All I can say is bless his heart , and he does have a very big heart. He not only said sorry to me for the recheduling of my surgery but also to my hubby. I had told my Pod that my hubby had to change his vacation due to what happened... So I thought that was nice..

He wanted to make sure who was going to be taking care of me and my kids . He asked who was going to drive my kids to school... I told him my mom and my hubby .

So everything is set for Tue ... I want to thank everyone here , you all have been so very wonderful to me. Man I can't even count how many times I came here to vent and their was always so many to listen .

I AM SO READY !!!!!

Thank you again , much love to you all .

PS my sweet daughter Angel will give you all an update after my surgery on Tue .....

Laurie R

BrianG on 5/04/02 at 20:57 (082451)

Hi Laurie,

I've been thinking about your pump, and some other folks I've read about that had them. Make sure you keep your doctor up to date on how the pump is working. They can add all types of meds, to the pump, for whatever might come up. There is a web site message board, run by people with the pumps. If you want, I may be able to find the link for you. They call themselves 'The pumpsters' :*)

Good luck
BrianG

Laurie R on 5/04/02 at 22:48 (082459)

HI Brian , I don't know if we are talking about the same kind of pump. Mine will be an epidural catheter , my pain management doctor will implant it frist the day of my foot surgery this Tue . The meds that will go through it are the same as when I get the spinel injections , so it will only be going dwon my leg to my foot .... But I would love to look at the web site you are talking about , if you don't mind can you give me the web site... Thanks Brain , my best to you .Laurie R

BrianG on 5/04/02 at 22:58 (082460)

Yes, maybe you are right, and it's a different type of pump than I was thinking of. These are implanted under the rib cage, and the catheter goes into the spinal canal. It's probably a much more long term type of pump. I did find the link though. Go to: (email removed) When the directory page comes up, just type in Pumpsters
Not sure, but you may have to be a member to contribute.
Anyways, good luck, you've done your homework, and there is no reason to get worried now :*)

BrianG

PS If this doesn't work, let me know, and I'll get you connected by a more direct route.

Nancy N on 5/05/02 at 05:44 (082470)

Brian--

Looks like there's a little problem with your link. The address for this group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pumpsters/ (links can't have @ symbols in them, they're reserved for email addresses).

Hope you don't mind me jumping in--I don't know anything about this e-list (You have to subscribe) or pumps but I do know my way around Yahoo Groups :)

Laurie R on 5/05/02 at 08:30 (082483)

Thank you Brian and Nancy , I went to the web site but they have to review my membership first before I can get in to read the posts.... I think it is top secerets....LOL so I am waiting for an email ..... Thank you both of the info , I would love to read this before I have mine done on Tue .. I have read some on it already , but to me reading from people that have them would be the best..... Laurie R

BrianG on 5/05/02 at 10:39 (082492)

Nancy, thanks for fixing the URL, how any of this works can be a mystery to me :*) I believe that most of the people that belong to this group are in extreme chronic pain, and came from a MGH message board thats had it's share of trolls. By regestering, the moderator can ensure that doesn't happen. Hope you can get in, Laurie.

BrianG