Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surgery a year ago

Posted by Vanessa G on 5/02/02 at 13:42 (082151)

A year ago I had surgery for plantar fascitis. My doctor had tried eeevery other means. Now I have a lot of scar tissue from the surgery and have tried many thing to help the pain coming from the scar tissues but nothis has helped so far. it is much worse than the plantar fascitis ever was. Any suggestions

Re: Surgery a year ago

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/02/02 at 14:11 (082152)

Hi

If your pain is still at the insertional of the plantar fascia then ESWT may be very helpful in resoluting your chronic pain. Very important that all nerve damage is evaluated and treated . Where do you live

Vanessa G on 5/02/02 at 17:58 (082177)

I live in Maine.

DR Zuckerman on 5/02/02 at 18:36 (082186)

If you are willing to investigate ESWT I would be very happy to sent you our ESWT informational packet. There are great article on this web site. Just e-mail and I will send you the packet . Feel free to ask any questions on this board. Many doctors/posters that have alot of ESWT and heel pain knowledge

Vanessa G on 5/03/02 at 10:13 (082298)

Because of the scar tissue when I walk it feels like I am walking on a small egg. I have a litttle pain but mostly discomfort. Does it do any harm to my foot to take walks ? Is this scar tissue a fairly common occurance after this type of surgery? I was not warned of this . Thanks ..

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/02/02 at 14:11 (082152)

Hi

If your pain is still at the insertional of the plantar fascia then ESWT may be very helpful in resoluting your chronic pain. Very important that all nerve damage is evaluated and treated . Where do you live

Vanessa G on 5/02/02 at 17:58 (082177)

I live in Maine.

DR Zuckerman on 5/02/02 at 18:36 (082186)

If you are willing to investigate ESWT I would be very happy to sent you our ESWT informational packet. There are great article on this web site. Just e-mail and I will send you the packet . Feel free to ask any questions on this board. Many doctors/posters that have alot of ESWT and heel pain knowledge

Vanessa G on 5/03/02 at 10:13 (082298)

Because of the scar tissue when I walk it feels like I am walking on a small egg. I have a litttle pain but mostly discomfort. Does it do any harm to my foot to take walks ? Is this scar tissue a fairly common occurance after this type of surgery? I was not warned of this . Thanks ..