Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Posted by Margie on 5/02/02 at 16:27 (082164)

I have had surgery on both feet for TTS and they never got better infact it is going back just like they were. I am trying to get disability and/or compensation. Has anyone had this same problems and how did they do on getting there settlement? Surgery was Feb, 2000 and May 2000. May be they were too close together. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Cheri A on 5/02/02 at 21:27 (082223)

I had the surgery and got a little relief, but I am left with chronic pain. Also a loss of flexibility. I filed workman's comp, and they did pay for the surgery and the 10 weeks I was off work. My problems with them came later because they did not seem willing to try other treatments to relieve the pain. I settled (in court) with them and I have had better care since then. I did not get any monthly disability, just a lump sum that sure as heck wouldn't last long if I lost my job. I feel you should file for workman's comp. and DON'T SETTLE.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Cheri A on 5/02/02 at 21:27 (082223)

I had the surgery and got a little relief, but I am left with chronic pain. Also a loss of flexibility. I filed workman's comp, and they did pay for the surgery and the 10 weeks I was off work. My problems with them came later because they did not seem willing to try other treatments to relieve the pain. I settled (in court) with them and I have had better care since then. I did not get any monthly disability, just a lump sum that sure as heck wouldn't last long if I lost my job. I feel you should file for workman's comp. and DON'T SETTLE.