Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

just curious to know

Posted by Michelle L on 5/02/02 at 21:10 (082221)

Hi Dr's:

Is this unusual? My family doc did not know that podiatrists treat tarsal tunnel syndrome. When I told him that they do, he was surprised. What is so surprising about that? I mean tts is within the ankle and foot region. Is this unusual that pcp's don't know that? I ask because I prefer to see a pod for this disorder and not an orthopedist.

Re: just curious to know

Dr. Cozzarelli on 5/03/02 at 05:15 (082269)

Hi Micehlle:

This is not unusual for a podiatrist to take care of. Sometimes depending on how well the family doctor is they may view a podiatrist as someone who cuts, nails, callous and takes care of diabetics. Your podiatrist is more than qualified to handle this.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Michelle L on 5/04/02 at 18:17 (082434)

Hi:

I just found it strange because my Family Doc knows that Podiatrists treat Plantar fasciitis. thanks for the response.

Sharon W on 5/04/02 at 23:37 (082462)

Michelle,

Perhaps your family Dr. assumed that since TTS is a problem affecting your nerves, it would probably be treated by a neurologist? (Just a thought...)

-- Sharon

Dr. Cozzarelli on 5/03/02 at 05:15 (082269)

Hi Micehlle:

This is not unusual for a podiatrist to take care of. Sometimes depending on how well the family doctor is they may view a podiatrist as someone who cuts, nails, callous and takes care of diabetics. Your podiatrist is more than qualified to handle this.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Michelle L on 5/04/02 at 18:17 (082434)

Hi:

I just found it strange because my Family Doc knows that Podiatrists treat Plantar fasciitis. thanks for the response.

Sharon W on 5/04/02 at 23:37 (082462)

Michelle,

Perhaps your family Dr. assumed that since TTS is a problem affecting your nerves, it would probably be treated by a neurologist? (Just a thought...)

-- Sharon