Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis and nikken shoes

Posted by Mary on 5/04/02 at 16:29 (082414)

Has anyone ever heard of Nikken Shoes, and would they help or hurt with the plantar fasciitis.

Re: plantar fasciitis and nikken shoes

Carmen on 5/07/02 at 09:55 (082799)

Never heard of them.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/07/02 at 12:35 (082820)

I looked online and found a photo of them. Apparently they are not sold in stores, but sold by people that sell all sorts of Nikken products person to person. If I understood it right, Nikken makes a lot of health products based on various things like magnetism and so on. The photo of the shoes looked nice, but there was no price and not much description.

Carole C

BGCPed on 5/10/02 at 22:50 (083496)

They are sold only under the pyramid sales that Nikken pushes. There are no credible studies that suport magnets as the cure all that this company and its sales force claim. The ones I have dealt with are shysters to the max.

I had one of their clones hand me a card that had his name then 'MD' When I asked about his 'MD' and what he specialized in he said 'that means magnet doctor' then he laughed. TOTAL SCAM IN MY OPINION AND EVEN IF IT WAS GREAT THEY WOULDNT HAVE TO PYRAMID IT AND NOT TELL YOU WHATG IT IS FOR THE FORST 2 HOURS OF THEIR SALES PITCH

Carole C in NOLA on 5/11/02 at 07:01 (083503)

Thanks for the info! I suspected as much, but all I had was the tone of the website ad that I found, which was certainly questionable and sounded like a cross between Amway and an old time snake oil salesman. But, I had no proof or experience with them like you've had, hence my cautiously worded post.

MD for 'magnetic doctor'? ROFL That's insane and smacks of practicing medicine without a license.

Carole C

wendyn on 5/11/02 at 07:38 (083507)

As a word of caution - I was approached by someone from this company through email shortly after I arrived on this board.

He was not 'pushy' though, and backed off immediately when I told him I wasn't interested in the magnets.

He did send me a write up about a year later. It was a very lengthy write up about some nutrition supplement (for some reason he wanted my 'opinion'). The report made questionable claimsin complex technical jargon about the benefits if some supplement I've never heard of. They cited all kinds of studies that may or may not have ever taken place. This supplement was supposed to cure pretty much everything from acne to leprosy.

I sent him a note back, and told him that he may as well change every mention of the name of the supplmement to 'Dung of the Common House Fly' (or something like that) and I would take it just as seriously.

'98% of patients showed a significant decrease in inflammation after just 400 applications of Dung of the Common Housefly!!!'

Just because a write up uses the right terms and phrases, it doesn't mean that it has any credibility at all.

For some reason I never heard back from him.

?

BGCPed on 5/12/02 at 18:01 (083654)

Wendy you have a much more effective medication in your own back yard. Canadian Ale or Lager and it is proven to treat many conditions.

Go Vancouver!!!!! Opps sorry I forgot the Red Wings already had them for lunch

Carmen on 5/07/02 at 09:55 (082799)

Never heard of them.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/07/02 at 12:35 (082820)

I looked online and found a photo of them. Apparently they are not sold in stores, but sold by people that sell all sorts of Nikken products person to person. If I understood it right, Nikken makes a lot of health products based on various things like magnetism and so on. The photo of the shoes looked nice, but there was no price and not much description.

Carole C

BGCPed on 5/10/02 at 22:50 (083496)

They are sold only under the pyramid sales that Nikken pushes. There are no credible studies that suport magnets as the cure all that this company and its sales force claim. The ones I have dealt with are shysters to the max.

I had one of their clones hand me a card that had his name then 'MD' When I asked about his 'MD' and what he specialized in he said 'that means magnet doctor' then he laughed. TOTAL SCAM IN MY OPINION AND EVEN IF IT WAS GREAT THEY WOULDNT HAVE TO PYRAMID IT AND NOT TELL YOU WHATG IT IS FOR THE FORST 2 HOURS OF THEIR SALES PITCH

Carole C in NOLA on 5/11/02 at 07:01 (083503)

Thanks for the info! I suspected as much, but all I had was the tone of the website ad that I found, which was certainly questionable and sounded like a cross between Amway and an old time snake oil salesman. But, I had no proof or experience with them like you've had, hence my cautiously worded post.

MD for 'magnetic doctor'? ROFL That's insane and smacks of practicing medicine without a license.

Carole C

wendyn on 5/11/02 at 07:38 (083507)

As a word of caution - I was approached by someone from this company through email shortly after I arrived on this board.

He was not 'pushy' though, and backed off immediately when I told him I wasn't interested in the magnets.

He did send me a write up about a year later. It was a very lengthy write up about some nutrition supplement (for some reason he wanted my 'opinion'). The report made questionable claimsin complex technical jargon about the benefits if some supplement I've never heard of. They cited all kinds of studies that may or may not have ever taken place. This supplement was supposed to cure pretty much everything from acne to leprosy.

I sent him a note back, and told him that he may as well change every mention of the name of the supplmement to 'Dung of the Common House Fly' (or something like that) and I would take it just as seriously.

'98% of patients showed a significant decrease in inflammation after just 400 applications of Dung of the Common Housefly!!!'

Just because a write up uses the right terms and phrases, it doesn't mean that it has any credibility at all.

For some reason I never heard back from him.

?

BGCPed on 5/12/02 at 18:01 (083654)

Wendy you have a much more effective medication in your own back yard. Canadian Ale or Lager and it is proven to treat many conditions.

Go Vancouver!!!!! Opps sorry I forgot the Red Wings already had them for lunch