Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

re: heel pad

Posted by lisa k 4may on 5/04/02 at 17:05 (082417)

what are some symtoms of heel pad atrophy....are heel cracks huge calluses pre symptomatic to anything
a different matter? what are some things that would be attributed to heel marrow edema and inflamation in heel bone......ideas to help or further exam that condition is it part of pf?

Re: re: heel pad

Dr. Cozzarelli on 5/05/02 at 06:28 (082475)

Lisa K 4 may:

Heel pad atrophy can occur by impact and gentic. The callous is not a function of heel pad atrophy. There is a structure in the central aspect of the heel called the central hydraulic chamber. It's function is to cushion the heel bone. The heel edema is part of the pf and or calcaneal bursitis. Where any type of impact sports or ethinic dancing performed?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

lisa k on 5/06/02 at 13:39 (082656)

no, but i went on a vigorous walking rountine and lost 50lbs i walked daily on street type surface and did not have orthodics then,did this for 10 months daily ,big change in activity level

Dr. Cozzarelli on 5/05/02 at 06:28 (082475)

Lisa K 4 may:

Heel pad atrophy can occur by impact and gentic. The callous is not a function of heel pad atrophy. There is a structure in the central aspect of the heel called the central hydraulic chamber. It's function is to cushion the heel bone. The heel edema is part of the pf and or calcaneal bursitis. Where any type of impact sports or ethinic dancing performed?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

lisa k on 5/06/02 at 13:39 (082656)

no, but i went on a vigorous walking rountine and lost 50lbs i walked daily on street type surface and did not have orthodics then,did this for 10 months daily ,big change in activity level