Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

re ; no swollen ankles but heel bone "marrow"inflamation?

Posted by lisa k 4may on 5/04/02 at 18:06 (082431)

i got good news, my tear was in the 'right' place for optimal possible healing...my 2nd day no narcotics just anttiinflams (but still scared to take vioxx) but,im actually in a GOOD mindset and OK- today -feels wonderful ....just going right along with the good hrs( and trudge thru the bad ones)
i was still thinking about that ''groundhog day' movie...actually woke up this AM singing ....and put your lil hand in mine, there aint no maontainwe cant climb,....(the song he wakes up to in the movie' Ive got you Babe') gosh couldnt belive it! but made me laugh when i realized it after sitting up in bed .....one thing though guys, is i keep thinking oh he did SO much better in the movie ,then i am handling my problem (not Nice to beat up on yourself lisa)but does anyone really know how many days of agony he really did experience ,it could have been months or years before he played the piano and everybody liked him LOL VERY IMPORTANT- FOR THE FIRST TIME I REaLIZED, HEY ,bILL MURRAY DIDNT HAVE PF AND HAD GREAT FEET ---THIS CHALLAGE IS 10X MORE DIFFICULT hang in there everyone healing happens,Lisa k

Re: re ; no swollen ankles but heel bone "marrow"inflamation?

Lisa G on 5/04/02 at 18:14 (082433)

yayyyyyyy lisa k...hope things keep getting better...and don't be afraid of the vioxx...i take celebrex...it works very well for me...

lisa g

Re: YAY!! LISA K!!

Sharon W on 5/05/02 at 11:10 (082498)

Lisa,

That's great news! It definitely sounds like you're on the right path so far. Keep up what you're doing and you may end up with a FULL RECOVERY!!

Pain and hardship like what you're going through seem to bring out the best in many people... It's like when you're forced to face something like what you're going through right now, you have a 'golden opportunity' to find out how strong and emotionally resourceful you really are. My Mamma used to say, 'Every cloud has its silver lining...'

By the way, I take Vioxx, and I LOVE it; it helps more than anything else. Unfortunately, it is only a once a day medicine, and for me it usually seems to 'wear off' before 24 hours are up. But while it's working, it's WONDERFUL. So, please give it a chance, and be sure to take it for at least a couple of weeks before you give up on it because for some people it seems to take a while to 'kick in'.

-- Sharon

Re: re ; no swollen ankles but heel bone "marrow"inflamation?

Lisa G on 5/04/02 at 18:14 (082433)

yayyyyyyy lisa k...hope things keep getting better...and don't be afraid of the vioxx...i take celebrex...it works very well for me...

lisa g

Re: YAY!! LISA K!!

Sharon W on 5/05/02 at 11:10 (082498)

Lisa,

That's great news! It definitely sounds like you're on the right path so far. Keep up what you're doing and you may end up with a FULL RECOVERY!!

Pain and hardship like what you're going through seem to bring out the best in many people... It's like when you're forced to face something like what you're going through right now, you have a 'golden opportunity' to find out how strong and emotionally resourceful you really are. My Mamma used to say, 'Every cloud has its silver lining...'

By the way, I take Vioxx, and I LOVE it; it helps more than anything else. Unfortunately, it is only a once a day medicine, and for me it usually seems to 'wear off' before 24 hours are up. But while it's working, it's WONDERFUL. So, please give it a chance, and be sure to take it for at least a couple of weeks before you give up on it because for some people it seems to take a while to 'kick in'.

-- Sharon