Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ok ,ONE DAY TILL MY SURGERY , MAY 7th

Posted by Laurie R on 5/05/02 at 20:22 (082554)

Hi Everyone , Are you sick of my pre post about my surgery yet?? This will probably be my last post for a while . I go in to the surgery center Tue May 7 th at 7:00 , my first of the two surgeries will begin at 8:00 , then my foot and ankle surgery will follow at 9:00 ...

I do want to thank everyone from this board , you support and love and compassion has ment so very much to me ....

Thank you again . I have only one day left and have so much to do . My thing is that I want to get the kids things all done .

Much love to all , Laurie R

Re: Ok ,ONE DAY TILL MY SURGERY , MAY 7th

Lisa G on 5/05/02 at 20:26 (082556)

good luck laurie! you will do fine! huge hugggggggs and don't stress the small stuff

lisa

Sharon W on 5/05/02 at 21:32 (082561)

Laurie,

The very best of surgeons' skill to you, followed by a successful recovery and a vast reduction in pain!

-- Sharon

Suzanne D on 5/05/02 at 22:07 (082563)

Please know that we are counting down with you, Laurie, and will be with you in thought and spirit.

With prayers and best wishes,
Suzanne :-)

wendyn on 5/05/02 at 22:11 (082564)

No - we are NOT sick of hearing about this!

I am so excited for you, please keep us posted.

Anthony P on 5/05/02 at 22:20 (082565)

Hi Laurie,
Good luck with your surgerys I will be thinking of you on Tuesday
and will be awaiting a message from your dauther . No we would never be
sick of your posts. May 7th is also 6 monthes since my surgery.
Prayers to you for a pain free recovery .
Anthony P

nancy s. on 5/06/02 at 04:01 (082578)

nope, laurie, not sick of 'em yet, and i guess i won't be, since tuesday is almost here. may your surgery and recovery eventually lead to less pain for you -- no pain would be best, but i'd settle for less and know you would too. you're a trouper, laurie, no doubt about it.
love from nancy

Valerie S on 5/06/02 at 06:46 (082582)

We can never get enough of you or your posts, Laurie!

Not a day has gone by over the last month when I didn't think of you, waiting for your new surgery date to arrive. We have all been waiting with you, and now that your day is coming, we will be with you in spirit as you face this new part of your recovery (hope hope hope...). May God guide your surgeon's hand and allow him to finally bring you relief.

You have been an inspiration to me and many others, Laurie! Good luck tomorrow, and may you have a speedy recovery. Don't worry about us, we'll be here when you feel up to coming back. Take it easy, it sounds like you're getting a lot done in preparation for your HEALING time.

Val.

Barbara S on 5/06/02 at 07:32 (082587)

Laurie R. My prays will be with you tomorrow. It will be 2 wks since my tts surgery and get my stitches out tomorrow. I don't have alot of pain,put my heel is dumb and I can't rest it on anything. I have my heel hang over the pillow,my toes are ok,but from my toes to my heel it feels like a piece of sticky paper on the bottom of my foot, and my incision is infected. I'll be asking about all this tomorrow.
Good Luck and God Bless. Barbara S.

john h on 5/06/02 at 09:20 (082602)

Laurie all my best on your surgery. Thinking of you.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/06/02 at 11:51 (082632)

Laurie, this is so exciting! I wish you the best, as we all do!

Now that you're making your last minute preparations, I hope you have a good book, a TV guide, and maybe some crossword puzzles to keep you off your feet after your surgery until the doctor says you can get back to walking around.

Carole C

Tammie on 5/06/02 at 15:06 (082670)

Laurie, I have but a few moments before I have to go again but I wanted to post a note to you also! My dear little angel I hope that tomorrow you will sleep in a beautiful dreamy sleep. Now you Know I have been praying for you and I had put in a special reservation to the big Man upstairs to be around on this special day of yours and he assured me you would be in the very best hands! He will be surounding you with the angels to watch over you and protect you from harm, he will give your Dr. the expertise to preform your surgery and to help get some of the pain away, he assured me tomorrow is a very special day for you and no way is anything going wrong as he has put us all in charge to protect and send the good energy with prayers and vibes to you.

U are so special and I do hope that tomorrow as well as every day goes well and that you find some pain relief! If I dont get to say it again Take care my friend and I am dipping my wing as well as the whole board here is we will make you a feather bed as you glide away in dreamland and if you see angels it will be us your friends looking out for you! LOve to you and Hugs and keep us posted on how you are doing! Love you, sorry got to go so much is going on lol I need a nap hmmmm maybe I can book a flight and drop everything in the familys lap and come sit with you and stroke your beautiful hair and soothe your worrys! That would teach them here hahah! Never know now , take care

JudyS on 5/06/02 at 15:06 (082671)

There's no way, Laurie, that we could be sick of this! You are the angel of this board and where you go we follow so know that you'll have nothing but the best of wishes and thoughts sent your way tomorrow.
BTW - how long in the hospital?

Re: ALL THE BEST TO YOU LAURIE!

Necee on 5/06/02 at 18:21 (082705)

I wish you all the best, as you go into your surgery tomorrow.
I'll be right there with you in thoughts and prayers.
Please tell your family to keep us posted here as to how your doing.
Just remember, this is the begining of a whole new life for you dear friend.
With love and prayers,

Necee

Re: Re To my wonderful niece

Steve P on 5/06/02 at 18:47 (082710)

We'll all be in the waiting room with you tomorrow, kid.........at least in spirit!

Count on it!

Wishing you every blessing..............Steve

Re: Special Angel

Pam B on 5/06/02 at 20:11 (082720)

Laurie,I know I have told you a million times, especially today, but I am here to say it again....Good luck to you and please try to relax....I know it is tough as I too was there recently myself, but I also know that you have grown so much emotionally in the past weeks that the positive attitude that I know you have is gonna take you all the way with this thing.....your new attitude is the key to healing.....I have said prayers requesting special angels to be with you tomorrow to keep watch over you....and I know that they will......God Bless You and Keep You Safe :)

And dont forget to take me out of that cup and tuck me in your pocket :)Stay safe and heal my friend...I just know this is the beginning to the end of the worst of your suffering....you have waited what I know seems like a lifetime to begin to get your life back and with Gods grace and your will, tomorrow is your beginning......Good luck and you are in all of our prayers here at heelspurs.....anyone that has ever gotten to know you, knows how special a person you truly are.....take care and we will all watch over you :)

We will look forward to hearing from your family with updates about your progress....

Much love to you always, Pam

Laurie R on 5/06/02 at 21:32 (082733)

Dear Everyone, I can not even begin to tell you how wonderful you all have made me feel . It is only a few hours away till my surgery .. I have been waiting so very long for this day to come. I hope I won't be let down. I am doing really well attitude wise , I still can't believe I am not scared about it . I guess I have changed some in the passed few months . Thank you Julie for your tape , I think that helped me the most out of anything . But I can't forget my wonderful friends here ..

Thanks to all the prayers , I feel them so strongly .

I did get everything done that I wanted to today , and I way over did it , but I figured tomorrow is the surgery what more damage could I do ...

Thank you again and my hubby or my wonderful daughter will give you all an update sometime tomorrow night ....

Much love always and I am sure going to miss everyone till I can get back on the board...

Laurie R

Julie on 5/07/02 at 03:09 (082757)

Hi Laurie

It's Tuesday morning in London and I'm thinking about you, waking up in California in a few hours and marching off to have your surgery, full of calm confidence! You've always been inspiring to everyone here, and I've got a feeling you're going to be even more so in the weeks to come.

All the very best, Laurie. We will be eagerly awaiting Rico's and Angel's updates, and yours when you feel up to it. Hope it will be soon.

Much love

Julie

Re: Not as much as we will miss you

Pam B on 5/07/02 at 08:00 (082768)

Who couldnt miss and angel :)

Lisa G on 5/05/02 at 20:26 (082556)

good luck laurie! you will do fine! huge hugggggggs and don't stress the small stuff

lisa

Sharon W on 5/05/02 at 21:32 (082561)

Laurie,

The very best of surgeons' skill to you, followed by a successful recovery and a vast reduction in pain!

-- Sharon

Suzanne D on 5/05/02 at 22:07 (082563)

Please know that we are counting down with you, Laurie, and will be with you in thought and spirit.

With prayers and best wishes,
Suzanne :-)

wendyn on 5/05/02 at 22:11 (082564)

No - we are NOT sick of hearing about this!

I am so excited for you, please keep us posted.

Anthony P on 5/05/02 at 22:20 (082565)

Hi Laurie,
Good luck with your surgerys I will be thinking of you on Tuesday
and will be awaiting a message from your dauther . No we would never be
sick of your posts. May 7th is also 6 monthes since my surgery.
Prayers to you for a pain free recovery .
Anthony P

nancy s. on 5/06/02 at 04:01 (082578)

nope, laurie, not sick of 'em yet, and i guess i won't be, since tuesday is almost here. may your surgery and recovery eventually lead to less pain for you -- no pain would be best, but i'd settle for less and know you would too. you're a trouper, laurie, no doubt about it.
love from nancy

Valerie S on 5/06/02 at 06:46 (082582)

We can never get enough of you or your posts, Laurie!

Not a day has gone by over the last month when I didn't think of you, waiting for your new surgery date to arrive. We have all been waiting with you, and now that your day is coming, we will be with you in spirit as you face this new part of your recovery (hope hope hope...). May God guide your surgeon's hand and allow him to finally bring you relief.

You have been an inspiration to me and many others, Laurie! Good luck tomorrow, and may you have a speedy recovery. Don't worry about us, we'll be here when you feel up to coming back. Take it easy, it sounds like you're getting a lot done in preparation for your HEALING time.

Val.

Barbara S on 5/06/02 at 07:32 (082587)

Laurie R. My prays will be with you tomorrow. It will be 2 wks since my tts surgery and get my stitches out tomorrow. I don't have alot of pain,put my heel is dumb and I can't rest it on anything. I have my heel hang over the pillow,my toes are ok,but from my toes to my heel it feels like a piece of sticky paper on the bottom of my foot, and my incision is infected. I'll be asking about all this tomorrow.
Good Luck and God Bless. Barbara S.

john h on 5/06/02 at 09:20 (082602)

Laurie all my best on your surgery. Thinking of you.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/06/02 at 11:51 (082632)

Laurie, this is so exciting! I wish you the best, as we all do!

Now that you're making your last minute preparations, I hope you have a good book, a TV guide, and maybe some crossword puzzles to keep you off your feet after your surgery until the doctor says you can get back to walking around.

Carole C

Tammie on 5/06/02 at 15:06 (082670)

Laurie, I have but a few moments before I have to go again but I wanted to post a note to you also! My dear little angel I hope that tomorrow you will sleep in a beautiful dreamy sleep. Now you Know I have been praying for you and I had put in a special reservation to the big Man upstairs to be around on this special day of yours and he assured me you would be in the very best hands! He will be surounding you with the angels to watch over you and protect you from harm, he will give your Dr. the expertise to preform your surgery and to help get some of the pain away, he assured me tomorrow is a very special day for you and no way is anything going wrong as he has put us all in charge to protect and send the good energy with prayers and vibes to you.

U are so special and I do hope that tomorrow as well as every day goes well and that you find some pain relief! If I dont get to say it again Take care my friend and I am dipping my wing as well as the whole board here is we will make you a feather bed as you glide away in dreamland and if you see angels it will be us your friends looking out for you! LOve to you and Hugs and keep us posted on how you are doing! Love you, sorry got to go so much is going on lol I need a nap hmmmm maybe I can book a flight and drop everything in the familys lap and come sit with you and stroke your beautiful hair and soothe your worrys! That would teach them here hahah! Never know now , take care

JudyS on 5/06/02 at 15:06 (082671)

There's no way, Laurie, that we could be sick of this! You are the angel of this board and where you go we follow so know that you'll have nothing but the best of wishes and thoughts sent your way tomorrow.
BTW - how long in the hospital?

Re: ALL THE BEST TO YOU LAURIE!

Necee on 5/06/02 at 18:21 (082705)

I wish you all the best, as you go into your surgery tomorrow.
I'll be right there with you in thoughts and prayers.
Please tell your family to keep us posted here as to how your doing.
Just remember, this is the begining of a whole new life for you dear friend.
With love and prayers,

Necee

Re: Re To my wonderful niece

Steve P on 5/06/02 at 18:47 (082710)

We'll all be in the waiting room with you tomorrow, kid.........at least in spirit!

Count on it!

Wishing you every blessing..............Steve

Re: Special Angel

Pam B on 5/06/02 at 20:11 (082720)

Laurie,I know I have told you a million times, especially today, but I am here to say it again....Good luck to you and please try to relax....I know it is tough as I too was there recently myself, but I also know that you have grown so much emotionally in the past weeks that the positive attitude that I know you have is gonna take you all the way with this thing.....your new attitude is the key to healing.....I have said prayers requesting special angels to be with you tomorrow to keep watch over you....and I know that they will......God Bless You and Keep You Safe :)

And dont forget to take me out of that cup and tuck me in your pocket :)Stay safe and heal my friend...I just know this is the beginning to the end of the worst of your suffering....you have waited what I know seems like a lifetime to begin to get your life back and with Gods grace and your will, tomorrow is your beginning......Good luck and you are in all of our prayers here at heelspurs.....anyone that has ever gotten to know you, knows how special a person you truly are.....take care and we will all watch over you :)

We will look forward to hearing from your family with updates about your progress....

Much love to you always, Pam

Laurie R on 5/06/02 at 21:32 (082733)

Dear Everyone, I can not even begin to tell you how wonderful you all have made me feel . It is only a few hours away till my surgery .. I have been waiting so very long for this day to come. I hope I won't be let down. I am doing really well attitude wise , I still can't believe I am not scared about it . I guess I have changed some in the passed few months . Thank you Julie for your tape , I think that helped me the most out of anything . But I can't forget my wonderful friends here ..

Thanks to all the prayers , I feel them so strongly .

I did get everything done that I wanted to today , and I way over did it , but I figured tomorrow is the surgery what more damage could I do ...

Thank you again and my hubby or my wonderful daughter will give you all an update sometime tomorrow night ....

Much love always and I am sure going to miss everyone till I can get back on the board...

Laurie R

Julie on 5/07/02 at 03:09 (082757)

Hi Laurie

It's Tuesday morning in London and I'm thinking about you, waking up in California in a few hours and marching off to have your surgery, full of calm confidence! You've always been inspiring to everyone here, and I've got a feeling you're going to be even more so in the weeks to come.

All the very best, Laurie. We will be eagerly awaiting Rico's and Angel's updates, and yours when you feel up to it. Hope it will be soon.

Much love

Julie

Re: Not as much as we will miss you

Pam B on 5/07/02 at 08:00 (082768)

Who couldnt miss and angel :)