Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fibromyalgia and other types of physical pain

Posted by brianh on 5/06/02 at 08:48 (082596)

Those with fibromyalgia or other physical pain problems might find it beneficial to check out this website. The author appears to have done his homework. http://web.mit.edu/london/www/magnesium.html

Re: Fibromyalgia and other types of physical pain

Sharon W on 5/06/02 at 10:22 (082610)

Brian:

WOW! That's an impressive paper! I forwarded it to several nurses I know...

-- Sharon

nancy s. on 5/06/02 at 10:55 (082615)

wow -- very, very interesting. thanks so much for this, brian.
nancy

Kathy G on 5/07/02 at 09:26 (082789)

OK, Brian, there's some kind of ESP working here. Last night I asked my husband where he thought I could get some information about magnesium, ie; side effects, is it water soluble, how much is too much, does it work? He said maybe I should do an online search. And lo and behold, what do I find this morning but your posting!! I'm in kind of a hurry so I'm going to print it off and read it later. Thank you so much!

brianh on 5/07/02 at 15:42 (082849)

Oh no, my secret is out. But everybody has a 6th sense that they use all the time. They just never had it pointed out to them. And it's so obvious, it's amazing that it's such a big mystery to so many.

Re: Another question for brianh!!

Kathy G on 5/07/02 at 16:54 (082869)

Brian,

I'm sure I'm going to drive you crazy but would you mind telling me what brand of the magnesium-calcium and boron you took? I went to Swanson Vitamins's website but came up with an unbelievable number of hits! I realize that just because you were able to tolerate it doesn't mean that I will be, but it would give me someplace to start. It's interesting that the article you sited mentions Vitamin B-12. I have Pernicious Anemia which means that I can't absorb B-12. I was originally going for shots but found out that if I take it sublingually on a regular basis, it works for me. My Vitamin B-12 level has stayed just fine doing that, despite my doctor's great doubts that it would work! I don't know if that has contributed to my condition or not. I still have to read some of the links that are in the article. It's quite fascinating and I'm amazed that no one besides my Chiropractor and you have ever mentioned the link between inflammation and magnesium!

Rich on 5/08/02 at 09:57 (083024)

Thanks Brian for this info! My mother suffers with fibro and takes Magnesium and Calcium, but I will be questioning her on dosage and type. Thank you again!!!

Richelle

brianh on 5/09/02 at 06:56 (083188)

The Cal\Mag\boron I took was the 'house' brand of a local health food store called Queens Health Food. So unless you live close to Maple Shade, NJ, this probably won't help. However, http://www.houseofnutrition.com sells a Cal-Mag Amino + boron and Vit D that looks similar to the one I take. And I think the price is better too.

Sharon W on 5/06/02 at 10:22 (082610)

Brian:

WOW! That's an impressive paper! I forwarded it to several nurses I know...

-- Sharon

nancy s. on 5/06/02 at 10:55 (082615)

wow -- very, very interesting. thanks so much for this, brian.
nancy

Kathy G on 5/07/02 at 09:26 (082789)

OK, Brian, there's some kind of ESP working here. Last night I asked my husband where he thought I could get some information about magnesium, ie; side effects, is it water soluble, how much is too much, does it work? He said maybe I should do an online search. And lo and behold, what do I find this morning but your posting!! I'm in kind of a hurry so I'm going to print it off and read it later. Thank you so much!

brianh on 5/07/02 at 15:42 (082849)

Oh no, my secret is out. But everybody has a 6th sense that they use all the time. They just never had it pointed out to them. And it's so obvious, it's amazing that it's such a big mystery to so many.

Kathy G on 5/07/02 at 16:54 (082869)

Brian,

I'm sure I'm going to drive you crazy but would you mind telling me what brand of the magnesium-calcium and boron you took? I went to Swanson Vitamins's website but came up with an unbelievable number of hits! I realize that just because you were able to tolerate it doesn't mean that I will be, but it would give me someplace to start. It's interesting that the article you sited mentions Vitamin B-12. I have Pernicious Anemia which means that I can't absorb B-12. I was originally going for shots but found out that if I take it sublingually on a regular basis, it works for me. My Vitamin B-12 level has stayed just fine doing that, despite my doctor's great doubts that it would work! I don't know if that has contributed to my condition or not. I still have to read some of the links that are in the article. It's quite fascinating and I'm amazed that no one besides my Chiropractor and you have ever mentioned the link between inflammation and magnesium!

Rich on 5/08/02 at 09:57 (083024)

Thanks Brian for this info! My mother suffers with fibro and takes Magnesium and Calcium, but I will be questioning her on dosage and type. Thank you again!!!

Richelle

brianh on 5/09/02 at 06:56 (083188)

The Cal\Mag\boron I took was the 'house' brand of a local health food store called Queens Health Food. So unless you live close to Maple Shade, NJ, this probably won't help. However, http://www.houseofnutrition.com sells a Cal-Mag Amino + boron and Vit D that looks similar to the one I take. And I think the price is better too.