Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new job

Posted by linda on 5/06/02 at 10:54 (082614)

hello to everyone ! been doing catch up on the computer at the library , because i have not been able to get on my computer for awhile . i didn't pay on my credit card , so when netzero tried to bill me it did not go thru . i did make it to Sears on friday to pay on my credit card , but somehow netzero would not take charge . my actt has been froze w/ netzero . the new job will require about 2-3 mo of training . i will be working in the sleep disorder watching people sleep , actually watching monitors on the pts brain waves , ecg, emog , oygen flow and several other different things . about 90 % of the pts will be from sleep apnea , where the pt is not getting enough oxygen . it sounds very interesting and i am looking forward to the new beginning . suzanne , louisville had such beautiful weather for the Ky derby and now we are back to the nasty storms . well i need to get off to see if a can post a message to netzero on my acct . take care everyone . my prayers are w/ you laurie . linda ( Ky)

Re: new job -- be careful of your eyes...

Valerie S on 5/06/02 at 11:02 (082618)

Hi Linda,

Congratulations on your new job, and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your internet... that does suck. I actually saw the derby by chance on Saturday, and I thought of my heel pain friend in Louisville... ! The ladies wear such funny hats, like the Queen! It was neat to see all the people dressed up and it did look like a beautiful day!

My mom used to work in a large hospital, and at one point they had her watching heart monitors. She sat very close to about 20 monitors and had to keep watching all of them... shortly after that she needed to get glasses. Like computers, it's important to give your eyes a break and look away every once in awhile. ... You might want to read up on ways to take care of your precious eyes when you're exposed to those monitor screens all day everyday... They're probably not too vision-friendly. BUT your job does sound interesting indeed! I hope you like it.

Good luck and have fun!

Val.

Re: new job

Laurie R on 5/06/02 at 11:12 (082621)

Dear Linda, I just knew things would work out for you . YOu have a heart of gold girl !!!! Sometimes it life things just don't seem right , till something new comes along . I was one person that hated change , now I have to say I love it , it can always turn out good. With your attitiude things are going to work out great for you .. Just think , you get to learn something new , that is cool Linda ...

Thank you for your prayers , I have also been praying for you sweet friend .

Much love , Laurie R

Re: COOL new job!

Sharon W on 5/06/02 at 11:14 (082622)

Linda,

COOL new job! And it won't mean a lot of time on your feet!

An interesting coincidence -- my youngest daughter is having a sleep study done next month.

-- Sharon

Lisa G on 5/06/02 at 13:05 (082642)

hi linda...congrats on the new job!

i had a sleep study done a couple months ago...it was very interesting...the ironic thing is...it was the best night sleep i'd had in ages...lolol...figures huh?

have fun!

lisa

lisa k on 5/06/02 at 13:33 (082654)

way to go Linda!, actualy i cant wait to get back to employment, in God's time im sure, anyway a guy told me about an interesting field ,i have a bachelors degree and he said you can take 12 more credits and start as an internship making prostethis,orthodics etc at a lab,im an artist by trade and very good eye ,perfectionist love doing visiual work ,i have to find out if they have detailers and do you sit down(cant stand but gosh i want to work again,YOu all know what isolation and bottoming selfesteem from pf is like) luv ya all have a great day, lisa k
p.s. like medical stuff and helping people.......medical center marcus welby quincy st elsewhere and er,watched em all,luv shows on learning channel too(used to watch dr gannon and welby more than mr rogers or big bird at age 6,weird:)..)

Suzanne D on 5/06/02 at 14:15 (082664)

I'm so glad you are excited about your new job, Linda! Thanks for letting us know. Yes, new beginnings can be refreshing, and I hope this is for you!

Take care! Yes, the weekend was beautiful, and then today, more storms! It surely is spring in KY!

Suzanne :-)

Re: oops! Double-posting bug hits KY! (eom)

Suzanne D on 5/06/02 at 14:18 (082665)

Re: new job / netzero internet providor

linda a on 5/06/02 at 19:49 (082716)

well i am had no luck in contacting someone from netzero support on line , so decided to call their phoneline . i happened to notice that i was being billed twice for two separate accts , which started in Febuary when i had to download the internet providor . it would not take my original member id , so i came up w / a new memberid . i didn't realize the billing problem until i was looking at my acct billing history and notice the two accts . the guy on the support phoneline said i could get credit for one month and i said what about the months march and april that was doubled billed . he explained that he could not help me w/ that problem and give me a internet connection to contact the billing dept . well , that site did not even come up on the address bar . now i am very frustrated that i am not getting anywhere w/ this internet providor . i did type a note to their feedback site , only to receive a note that they do not personnally e-mail people about their comments . sorry to ramble about this problem but i thought anyone having a bad day could get a chuckle from this sad pathetic story . THanks all ! i was just watching the news about the sme4 that hit Texas and i was thinking of Necee and Texas Barb . i am so excited to be working again , still have not heard when the actual day will be . i am looking forward to the 4 days off and a SIT down job . i really don't know how much longer my feet will hold on out . i have been working in my flower/vegetable garden and my poor feet have been killing me . i forgot which one commented being a sleep study candidate . did they find any sleep apnea problems ? it is kind of ironic working in a sleep disorder clinic when i have a terrible time sleeping . when i was young i used to watch my sisters sleep wondering why i could not fall asleep . take care . linda

Necee on 5/06/02 at 21:40 (082735)

Congratulations on your new job!
Sometimes change is a good thing, and in your case it sounds like its going to be wonderful for you. Just being able to be off your feet is great. I wish I had that opportunity with my job.
All the best to you. Let us know how it goes.
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Kathy G on 5/07/02 at 09:23 (082788)

Congratulations Linda! Have you worked at night before? I think that it would be fascinating watching the brain waves, etc. and seeing when people are dreaming, etc. Funny, I recently saw mention of a sleep clinic and commented to my friend that I would be awake the entire time! I have trouble enough sleeping in my own bed - let alone with all kinds of wires stuck to me!

Good luck and Happy Feet!

Re: new job -- be careful of your eyes...

Valerie S on 5/06/02 at 11:02 (082618)

Hi Linda,

Congratulations on your new job, and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your internet... that does suck. I actually saw the derby by chance on Saturday, and I thought of my heel pain friend in Louisville... ! The ladies wear such funny hats, like the Queen! It was neat to see all the people dressed up and it did look like a beautiful day!

My mom used to work in a large hospital, and at one point they had her watching heart monitors. She sat very close to about 20 monitors and had to keep watching all of them... shortly after that she needed to get glasses. Like computers, it's important to give your eyes a break and look away every once in awhile. ... You might want to read up on ways to take care of your precious eyes when you're exposed to those monitor screens all day everyday... They're probably not too vision-friendly. BUT your job does sound interesting indeed! I hope you like it.

Good luck and have fun!

Val.

Laurie R on 5/06/02 at 11:12 (082621)

Dear Linda, I just knew things would work out for you . YOu have a heart of gold girl !!!! Sometimes it life things just don't seem right , till something new comes along . I was one person that hated change , now I have to say I love it , it can always turn out good. With your attitiude things are going to work out great for you .. Just think , you get to learn something new , that is cool Linda ...

Thank you for your prayers , I have also been praying for you sweet friend .

Much love , Laurie R

Sharon W on 5/06/02 at 11:14 (082622)

Linda,

COOL new job! And it won't mean a lot of time on your feet!

An interesting coincidence -- my youngest daughter is having a sleep study done next month.

-- Sharon

Lisa G on 5/06/02 at 13:05 (082642)

hi linda...congrats on the new job!

i had a sleep study done a couple months ago...it was very interesting...the ironic thing is...it was the best night sleep i'd had in ages...lolol...figures huh?

have fun!

lisa

lisa k on 5/06/02 at 13:33 (082654)

way to go Linda!, actualy i cant wait to get back to employment, in God's time im sure, anyway a guy told me about an interesting field ,i have a bachelors degree and he said you can take 12 more credits and start as an internship making prostethis,orthodics etc at a lab,im an artist by trade and very good eye ,perfectionist love doing visiual work ,i have to find out if they have detailers and do you sit down(cant stand but gosh i want to work again,YOu all know what isolation and bottoming selfesteem from pf is like) luv ya all have a great day, lisa k
p.s. like medical stuff and helping people.......medical center marcus welby quincy st elsewhere and er,watched em all,luv shows on learning channel too(used to watch dr gannon and welby more than mr rogers or big bird at age 6,weird:)..)

Suzanne D on 5/06/02 at 14:15 (082664)

I'm so glad you are excited about your new job, Linda! Thanks for letting us know. Yes, new beginnings can be refreshing, and I hope this is for you!

Take care! Yes, the weekend was beautiful, and then today, more storms! It surely is spring in KY!

Suzanne :-)

Re: oops! Double-posting bug hits KY! (eom)

Suzanne D on 5/06/02 at 14:18 (082665)

Re: new job / netzero internet providor

linda a on 5/06/02 at 19:49 (082716)

well i am had no luck in contacting someone from netzero support on line , so decided to call their phoneline . i happened to notice that i was being billed twice for two separate accts , which started in Febuary when i had to download the internet providor . it would not take my original member id , so i came up w / a new memberid . i didn't realize the billing problem until i was looking at my acct billing history and notice the two accts . the guy on the support phoneline said i could get credit for one month and i said what about the months march and april that was doubled billed . he explained that he could not help me w/ that problem and give me a internet connection to contact the billing dept . well , that site did not even come up on the address bar . now i am very frustrated that i am not getting anywhere w/ this internet providor . i did type a note to their feedback site , only to receive a note that they do not personnally e-mail people about their comments . sorry to ramble about this problem but i thought anyone having a bad day could get a chuckle from this sad pathetic story . THanks all ! i was just watching the news about the sme4 that hit Texas and i was thinking of Necee and Texas Barb . i am so excited to be working again , still have not heard when the actual day will be . i am looking forward to the 4 days off and a SIT down job . i really don't know how much longer my feet will hold on out . i have been working in my flower/vegetable garden and my poor feet have been killing me . i forgot which one commented being a sleep study candidate . did they find any sleep apnea problems ? it is kind of ironic working in a sleep disorder clinic when i have a terrible time sleeping . when i was young i used to watch my sisters sleep wondering why i could not fall asleep . take care . linda

Necee on 5/06/02 at 21:40 (082735)

Congratulations on your new job!
Sometimes change is a good thing, and in your case it sounds like its going to be wonderful for you. Just being able to be off your feet is great. I wish I had that opportunity with my job.
All the best to you. Let us know how it goes.
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Kathy G on 5/07/02 at 09:23 (082788)

Congratulations Linda! Have you worked at night before? I think that it would be fascinating watching the brain waves, etc. and seeing when people are dreaming, etc. Funny, I recently saw mention of a sleep clinic and commented to my friend that I would be awake the entire time! I have trouble enough sleeping in my own bed - let alone with all kinds of wires stuck to me!

Good luck and Happy Feet!