Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back of Heel Pain caused by calcium deposits

Posted by Laura D on 5/07/02 at 13:24 (082827)

I have terrible pain on the backs of my 2 heels.It is not on the underside but where the back of the shoe rides. however this pain is even there when I wear backless shoes and sandals. There seems to be a bump on the backs. I have been told that I have spurs but they are now curved over and do not cause pain but this other is causing my almost constant pain. I even have pain while sitting or lying in bed because they are touching the bed. Has anyone heard of this ?

Re: Back of Heel Pain caused by calcium deposits

DR Zuckerman on 5/07/02 at 17:49 (082875)

It could be from the achilles tendon which inserted into this area. What treatment option have you done or discussed with our doctor ?

Laura D on 5/08/02 at 18:42 (083123)

This is the first time I've been here and haven't tried anything or talked to anyone. What do you suggest?

DR Zuckerman on 5/07/02 at 17:49 (082875)

It could be from the achilles tendon which inserted into this area. What treatment option have you done or discussed with our doctor ?

Laura D on 5/08/02 at 18:42 (083123)

This is the first time I've been here and haven't tried anything or talked to anyone. What do you suggest?