Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Morton's Nuroma

Posted by Bev M. on 5/07/02 at 14:15 (082835)

I have recently been diagnosed with Morton's Nuroma after suffering for quite sometime. I have been given cortisone shots, which has helped relieve most of the pain, however, at night, and only at night when I am ready for bed, I find that I have constant pins and needles in my toes and the surrounding area. Is this part of Morton's Nuroma or is this an entirely different condition caused by severe nerve damage, and can anything be done about it.
Thanks for your consideration...

Re: Morton's Nuroma

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/08/02 at 06:06 (082974)

Bev:
Did you have nerve tet done to determine what the exact nature of the nerve is? Also have either and MRI or Diagnostic Ultrasound done to image the nerve. This helps to determine if it is a neuritis versus a neuroma. An apporopriate regimen then can be performed.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Re: Morton's Nuroma

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/08/02 at 06:06 (082974)

Bev:
Did you have nerve tet done to determine what the exact nature of the nerve is? Also have either and MRI or Diagnostic Ultrasound done to image the nerve. This helps to determine if it is a neuritis versus a neuroma. An apporopriate regimen then can be performed.

Dr. John Cozzarelli