Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Morton's Nuroma

Posted by Bev M. on 5/07/02 at 14:22 (082839)

I have recently been diagnosed with Morton's Nuroma after suffering for quite sometime. I have been given cortisone shots, which has helped relieve most of the pain, however, at night, and only at night when I am ready for bed, I find that I have constant pins and needles in my toes and the surrounding area. Is this part of Morton's Nuroma or is this an entirely different condition caused by severe nerve damage, and can anything be done about it.
Thanks for your consideration...

Re: Morton's Nuroma

DR Zuckerman on 5/07/02 at 17:48 (082874)

Hi
IF the pain is in the 3rd and 4th toes this could be part of the original neuroma. In addition you can have neuroma's in more then one interspace and this could also be from that area. Physical examination of the adjacent interspaces will give you additional diagnostic information about why this is going on

Rachel W. on 5/08/02 at 04:35 (082962)

Excuse me for being ignorant but what is morton's nuroma?

DR Zuckerman on 5/07/02 at 17:48 (082874)

Hi
IF the pain is in the 3rd and 4th toes this could be part of the original neuroma. In addition you can have neuroma's in more then one interspace and this could also be from that area. Physical examination of the adjacent interspaces will give you additional diagnostic information about why this is going on

Rachel W. on 5/08/02 at 04:35 (082962)

Excuse me for being ignorant but what is morton's nuroma?