Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laurie R's Update

Posted by Angel R on 5/07/02 at 20:13 (082912)

Hi everyone!Here's an update on my mom.....she's a lot more alert and talkitive then i expected,her attitude is great very positive!Her pain pump is working wonders for her.Since she has RSD she cannot ice her foot so it's pretty swollen.But the doctor called and said this was all normal.As for her pain pump being inserted, her back is a little sore,But her foot pain is totally gone,her foot is also numb.She's very happy with the over all outcome of today.Which is good:)So much R&R is up ahead for my mom.She will have to be completely off her foot for 4 weeks.

During which myself,Dad,and little sister will be helping as much as we can.I know my mom felt your thoughts and prayers today!Thank you so much for all your loving thoughts and prayers.I've been watching my mom over the last few months and seeing how she is trying to better herself and i know that everyone here at heel spurs had a great deal to do with that.It means a lot to me to know that my mom has so many people out there who care about her.I'll be sure to keep you posted on everything that is to come!Bye!

Re: Laurie R's Update

Nancy N on 5/07/02 at 20:35 (082914)

Angel, you are awesome!! Thanks so much for posting your update, and for taking such good care of your mom. She's lucky to have you. Let us know how things are going, OK? :)

Valerie S on 5/07/02 at 20:37 (082915)

Wow, Angel!

What an incredible post from an incredible young woman! Thanks for letting us know how your mom's doing. We are all thinking of her, and are glad to hear that she's in good spirits; that pain pump sounds like it's gonna offer huge relief for her. I'm sure she is so grateful for the help you are giving her, too. Your mom has told us how proud she is of you, and whenever you post here, it's easy to see what a wonderful girl you are!

Thanks again, and good luck to you, Laurie, and the family. We wish you all a smooth and easy recovery period.

Val.

Suzanne D on 5/07/02 at 20:44 (082919)

Thank you, Angel, for letting us know about your mom! I have been checking the message board often tonight to see what news I could learn about how she is doing. It sounds like her surgery was successful, and that is wonderful!

You know what? Your message sounds very much like your mom's writing! I think you are a lot like her - a sensitive, caring person who goes out of her way to think of others. As others have said, your mom is proud of you - and we can see why!

Give your little sister a hug from me! I teach first grade, and I think I remember that she is about 8 years old. I imagine she is concerned about your mom and looking up to you a lot to know how to help her. You two be as much help to your dad right now as you can. I know all of you will take good care of your mom. Tell her we all are so happy her surgery went well and is over.

Suzanne :-)

wendyn on 5/07/02 at 21:35 (082924)

Thanks Angel - give your mom a big hug from us....you made my day!

Anthony P on 5/07/02 at 22:10 (082930)

Thank You for the update Angel , Glad your moms surgery went well today ,Your post is great & special to all of us : )
Anthony P : )

Janet C on 5/07/02 at 23:21 (082934)

Dear Angel,

Thank you so much for giving all of us an update on your mom! We've been sending prayers all day today, to encompass her with God's protective Love; and it's such a relief to hear that her surgery is over, and her pain is under control. Please give your mom a gentle hug from her friends.

Thanks again, your mom is so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter as you! I know that she's in good hands, and I'm confident that she will soon be feeling much better. Tell her to take it easy, and get lots of rest.

Bless your sweet heart,
Janet

Necee on 5/08/02 at 00:13 (082936)

Hi Angel,
Sounds like a good report!
I know that your Mom is very proud of you and your sister, she speaks of you both often here of how she loves being your mom and how she wants to get better so that you all can do things together again.
I have been thinking of your mom today and praying that the surgery went well. She has been waiting for this day for a very long time! And I know that you are all glad that its over.
Please let her know how much we care about her.
I will continue to pray for her and for all of your family as you get through these days ahead.
All the best!
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Julie on 5/08/02 at 02:14 (082953)

Dear Angel

Thank you so much for this wonderful, reassuring update. You're a marvellous daughter - and you have a marvellous mother. Please give her our love and tell her the thoughts and prayers are still coming her way. She has been inspiring to everyone here, and we all love her.

Please come back when you can and tell us more!

Carmen on 5/08/02 at 07:32 (082987)

Thanks Angel....we are soo glad she had such success.....what a lucky woman she is to have such a wonderful family. She talks about you all the time and how great you are to her...

Barbara S on 5/08/02 at 09:34 (083012)

Hi Laurie's family Just wanted to say thanks for the update. Glad everything went very well. Your Mom is going to need alot of help,but from what I've read on her posts she has the right family.
I had tts surgery 2wks ago and after the first wk I was going crazy. Like your mom I use to be a very active person, this sitting still is for the birds. I've been doing it pretty much for four months.
I did get a wheel chair,if our weather would warm up,Milw WI., maybe I could get someone to take me for a walk.
Take care and God Bless your Family. Barbara S

JudyS on 5/08/02 at 09:48 (083020)

Gosh Angel - no wonder your mother brags about you and your sister all the time - your post here is very well written and it sure reflects how special your whole family is.
Keep giving your mom hugs for us - and don't let her use her foot!
It may get a little hard for you after awhile but remember, it'll pass, your mom will be back to her old self, and you'll grow up even more with a great sense of pride.

Steve P on 5/08/02 at 10:08 (083027)

Angel --- What a great post! And what great news! Thanks so much.

Steve

Tammie on 5/08/02 at 20:03 (083133)

Angel you really are a angel yur parents must have knew that when they named you! I qam glad she has you to give her some help! You and your sister and dad will have to be very patient for a while and let mom get the rest and time to heal! You are very special and I admire you for all that you do for your mom. You are very lucky to have a mom who loves you so very very much! Kiss her for me and tell her Tammy sends her love and prayers! I also am including a special kiss and hug to you girls for being so special! Keep up the angels special job! Hugs to you Love Tammy

Nancy N on 5/07/02 at 20:35 (082914)

Angel, you are awesome!! Thanks so much for posting your update, and for taking such good care of your mom. She's lucky to have you. Let us know how things are going, OK? :)

Valerie S on 5/07/02 at 20:37 (082915)

Wow, Angel!

What an incredible post from an incredible young woman! Thanks for letting us know how your mom's doing. We are all thinking of her, and are glad to hear that she's in good spirits; that pain pump sounds like it's gonna offer huge relief for her. I'm sure she is so grateful for the help you are giving her, too. Your mom has told us how proud she is of you, and whenever you post here, it's easy to see what a wonderful girl you are!

Thanks again, and good luck to you, Laurie, and the family. We wish you all a smooth and easy recovery period.

Val.

Suzanne D on 5/07/02 at 20:44 (082919)

Thank you, Angel, for letting us know about your mom! I have been checking the message board often tonight to see what news I could learn about how she is doing. It sounds like her surgery was successful, and that is wonderful!

You know what? Your message sounds very much like your mom's writing! I think you are a lot like her - a sensitive, caring person who goes out of her way to think of others. As others have said, your mom is proud of you - and we can see why!

Give your little sister a hug from me! I teach first grade, and I think I remember that she is about 8 years old. I imagine she is concerned about your mom and looking up to you a lot to know how to help her. You two be as much help to your dad right now as you can. I know all of you will take good care of your mom. Tell her we all are so happy her surgery went well and is over.

Suzanne :-)

wendyn on 5/07/02 at 21:35 (082924)

Thanks Angel - give your mom a big hug from us....you made my day!

Anthony P on 5/07/02 at 22:10 (082930)

Thank You for the update Angel , Glad your moms surgery went well today ,Your post is great & special to all of us : )
Anthony P : )

Janet C on 5/07/02 at 23:21 (082934)

Dear Angel,

Thank you so much for giving all of us an update on your mom! We've been sending prayers all day today, to encompass her with God's protective Love; and it's such a relief to hear that her surgery is over, and her pain is under control. Please give your mom a gentle hug from her friends.

Thanks again, your mom is so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter as you! I know that she's in good hands, and I'm confident that she will soon be feeling much better. Tell her to take it easy, and get lots of rest.

Bless your sweet heart,
Janet

Necee on 5/08/02 at 00:13 (082936)

Hi Angel,
Sounds like a good report!
I know that your Mom is very proud of you and your sister, she speaks of you both often here of how she loves being your mom and how she wants to get better so that you all can do things together again.
I have been thinking of your mom today and praying that the surgery went well. She has been waiting for this day for a very long time! And I know that you are all glad that its over.
Please let her know how much we care about her.
I will continue to pray for her and for all of your family as you get through these days ahead.
All the best!
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Julie on 5/08/02 at 02:14 (082953)

Dear Angel

Thank you so much for this wonderful, reassuring update. You're a marvellous daughter - and you have a marvellous mother. Please give her our love and tell her the thoughts and prayers are still coming her way. She has been inspiring to everyone here, and we all love her.

Please come back when you can and tell us more!

Carmen on 5/08/02 at 07:32 (082987)

Thanks Angel....we are soo glad she had such success.....what a lucky woman she is to have such a wonderful family. She talks about you all the time and how great you are to her...

Barbara S on 5/08/02 at 09:34 (083012)

Hi Laurie's family Just wanted to say thanks for the update. Glad everything went very well. Your Mom is going to need alot of help,but from what I've read on her posts she has the right family.
I had tts surgery 2wks ago and after the first wk I was going crazy. Like your mom I use to be a very active person, this sitting still is for the birds. I've been doing it pretty much for four months.
I did get a wheel chair,if our weather would warm up,Milw WI., maybe I could get someone to take me for a walk.
Take care and God Bless your Family. Barbara S

JudyS on 5/08/02 at 09:48 (083020)

Gosh Angel - no wonder your mother brags about you and your sister all the time - your post here is very well written and it sure reflects how special your whole family is.
Keep giving your mom hugs for us - and don't let her use her foot!
It may get a little hard for you after awhile but remember, it'll pass, your mom will be back to her old self, and you'll grow up even more with a great sense of pride.

Steve P on 5/08/02 at 10:08 (083027)

Angel --- What a great post! And what great news! Thanks so much.

Steve

Tammie on 5/08/02 at 20:03 (083133)

Angel you really are a angel yur parents must have knew that when they named you! I qam glad she has you to give her some help! You and your sister and dad will have to be very patient for a while and let mom get the rest and time to heal! You are very special and I admire you for all that you do for your mom. You are very lucky to have a mom who loves you so very very much! Kiss her for me and tell her Tammy sends her love and prayers! I also am including a special kiss and hug to you girls for being so special! Keep up the angels special job! Hugs to you Love Tammy