Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Burning in the feet

Posted by Annette C on 5/07/02 at 20:44 (082918)

Any advice would be very greatful. My husband says he has severe foot pain and they really burn. He has been to the dr and has had several insoles, some were even specially made. Now he is taking lots of calcium and a multi vitamin. He doesn't go the doctor because they don't do anything for him he says. I have been searching this web site but no one talks about the burning. He was told they were heel spurs.

Re: Burning in the feet

wendyn on 5/07/02 at 21:34 (082923)

Annette, he needs to be seen by a doctor.

Burning in the feet can mean all kinds of things - but he needs to have things like diabetes or a vitamin deficiency ruled out. If he had a b12 deficiency, it could cause burning feet and it could not be cured by a multi-vitamin.

Many of the conditions it could be are easily treatable....as long as he goes to the doctor.

steve l on 5/08/02 at 04:39 (082964)

I have had burning in my heels haglungs deformity was my problem i had surgery 2 months ago it seem to have help please ask your husband if his calve musules are real tight feeling if so check the back of his heel for little bone tissue

Carmen on 5/08/02 at 07:39 (082990)

Annette~

Burning in the feet is pretty comon for typical PF from what I have read.....but I would make sure he has had an xray to check for heel spurs and he does need a doctor that's familar with his case...just to keep track of his progress and get him on a program. Steve l had mentioned surgery helped him....but don't even mention this to your husband...it is NOT a quick fix and is last resort.
What is he doing NOW to treat the problem?

Carmen on 5/08/02 at 08:04 (082999)

Annette...
REad some ofthe questions and answers under this link....under burning fet. See if any of them can be related to your case.
http://www.podiatrynetwork.com/subject-b.cfm

Annette C on 5/08/02 at 21:13 (083146)

Right now he takes quite a bit of calcium and a multi vitamin daily. He does have insoles but says they make his feet hurt even more.

wendyn on 5/07/02 at 21:34 (082923)

Annette, he needs to be seen by a doctor.

Burning in the feet can mean all kinds of things - but he needs to have things like diabetes or a vitamin deficiency ruled out. If he had a b12 deficiency, it could cause burning feet and it could not be cured by a multi-vitamin.

Many of the conditions it could be are easily treatable....as long as he goes to the doctor.

steve l on 5/08/02 at 04:39 (082964)

I have had burning in my heels haglungs deformity was my problem i had surgery 2 months ago it seem to have help please ask your husband if his calve musules are real tight feeling if so check the back of his heel for little bone tissue

Carmen on 5/08/02 at 07:39 (082990)

Annette~

Burning in the feet is pretty comon for typical PF from what I have read.....but I would make sure he has had an xray to check for heel spurs and he does need a doctor that's familar with his case...just to keep track of his progress and get him on a program. Steve l had mentioned surgery helped him....but don't even mention this to your husband...it is NOT a quick fix and is last resort.
What is he doing NOW to treat the problem?

Carmen on 5/08/02 at 08:04 (082999)

Annette...
REad some ofthe questions and answers under this link....under burning fet. See if any of them can be related to your case.
http://www.podiatrynetwork.com/subject-b.cfm

Annette C on 5/08/02 at 21:13 (083146)

Right now he takes quite a bit of calcium and a multi vitamin daily. He does have insoles but says they make his feet hurt even more.