Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts

Posted by Daniel C. on 5/08/02 at 04:15 (082959)

Do most people with tarsal tunnel syndrome find relief with iontophoresis?

Re: Iontophoresis

Sharon W on 5/08/02 at 07:13 (082982)

Daniel,

Go to the page that lists the Message Boards, and do a search for iontophoresis of all the boards. That's what I did, to answer this same question. My pod was talking about sending me for it, and my insurance refused to pay, so I wanted to know what kinds of results other people had gotten from it before I spent hundreds of dollars out-of-pocket.

-- Sharon

RACHAEL T. on 5/08/02 at 22:48 (083155)

Sharon, I felt like ionto helped me thru some painful time - maybe helped encourage healing.....but alone, I don't think it was a total 'heal all.' I hope though it helps you......and at least, it does help one thru some painful spots.......as for me, rest, ice, stretching, shots, anti-inflamm pills, phys. therapy with ionto & u/s, orthotics, tape, as well as ESWT have all been part of my treatment for the past 13 months. I do believe that rest & ice have helped the most! TIME, I guess does heal - but oooh, how long a time it does take!!!

Sharon W on 5/08/02 at 07:13 (082982)

Daniel,

Go to the page that lists the Message Boards, and do a search for iontophoresis of all the boards. That's what I did, to answer this same question. My pod was talking about sending me for it, and my insurance refused to pay, so I wanted to know what kinds of results other people had gotten from it before I spent hundreds of dollars out-of-pocket.

-- Sharon

RACHAEL T. on 5/08/02 at 22:48 (083155)

Sharon, I felt like ionto helped me thru some painful time - maybe helped encourage healing.....but alone, I don't think it was a total 'heal all.' I hope though it helps you......and at least, it does help one thru some painful spots.......as for me, rest, ice, stretching, shots, anti-inflamm pills, phys. therapy with ionto & u/s, orthotics, tape, as well as ESWT have all been part of my treatment for the past 13 months. I do believe that rest & ice have helped the most! TIME, I guess does heal - but oooh, how long a time it does take!!!