Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z, Dr. Ed, Dr. Coz

Posted by Carmen on 5/08/02 at 07:53 (082996)

I have a chance to get ESWT done next week and wantto know how much will this put me out?
I have two kids coming to stay 4 days after the treatment and I will be on my feet a lot. Will this make it diffcult to take care of them?

ALSO my feet feel pretty decent...but that darn medial nerve next to my big toe is driving me NUTS. What is this from????
I have no otehr nerve pain or sensation but this one side of my toe.

Re: Dr. Z, Dr. Ed, Dr. Coz

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/08/02 at 20:58 (083142)

Hi Carmen:

Your heels may be a little tender he following day. I don't think you wil have ahard time taking care of them. I would not particiapate in any runing or impact type movement. If you are getting pan on the side of your big toe it sounds as if the toe box is too tight and is compressing the nerve. Try wearing a wider toe box shoe. I would also exmine the shoe and see if there are any seams on the side of the big toe. I wish you best of luck with the ESWT. I know you will do great. Let us know how you did.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carmen on 5/09/02 at 07:35 (083194)

Thanks Dr. C....actually the toe box is wide. I did my homework before buying shoes....so I am not sure why it's feeling that way. Feels that way with no shoes on too...I will have the Pod adjust my orthotics Fri. maybe that's the problem?
thanks for your advice...I will keep you all posted.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/08/02 at 20:58 (083142)

Hi Carmen:

Your heels may be a little tender he following day. I don't think you wil have ahard time taking care of them. I would not particiapate in any runing or impact type movement. If you are getting pan on the side of your big toe it sounds as if the toe box is too tight and is compressing the nerve. Try wearing a wider toe box shoe. I would also exmine the shoe and see if there are any seams on the side of the big toe. I wish you best of luck with the ESWT. I know you will do great. Let us know how you did.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Carmen on 5/09/02 at 07:35 (083194)

Thanks Dr. C....actually the toe box is wide. I did my homework before buying shoes....so I am not sure why it's feeling that way. Feels that way with no shoes on too...I will have the Pod adjust my orthotics Fri. maybe that's the problem?
thanks for your advice...I will keep you all posted.