Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Lauries surgery in some detail

Posted by Pam B on 5/08/02 at 15:17 (083092)

He everyone, I asked Rico if they wanted me to post what was done to Laurie during surgery and he sent me the details to share with everyone....

1. they took the fibroma out that was on her fascia and it was not wrapped around her tendon

2. performed a TT and a PF release as well as the removal of scar tissue that was bonded to the artery around her ankle

3. the inflamation and scar tissue was obstructing the blood flow thru the artery....as Rico puts it, the scar tissue was in the TT area

4.there was an epidural catheter implanted in the spinal area through and incision for the catheter to pass through and then another incision on her side for the catheter to exit where it connects to a pump for the release of medication in a timely manner to assist with the pain associated with the RSD...a home health care nurse will come out every four days to maintain things and to check on Laurie

Rico says that Laurie is doing as well as can be expected now that the surgical block has worn off.....she is feeling pain now in the foot area and at the catheter site.....he said she did not sleep to well last nite and I suggested that if that continues he may want to call the doc for some sleeping aid for her since we know that sleep promotes healing......he says her spirits are really good and he and the girls along with her mom are taking very good care of her......I told him to tell her that the response on the boards is overwhelming and that she has lots of us out here that love and care for her and are wishing her a speedy recovery.......

Well, that is all I have for now ....I explained that I thought most of us really wanted to know what they did to her and after consulting with her, he sent me the information to share with all of you....I will let you know more as it is given to me....I am sure as soon as she is up to it, she will be at the puter cause I know she misses everyone here :)

Have a wonderful day to everyone :)

Re: Lauries surgery in some detail

Julie on 5/08/02 at 15:48 (083100)

Pam, thanks very much indeed for giving us this full report. It sounds like a very complicated, intricate surgery, and I am praying for Laurie that it all 'works' and that she is freed of at least some of the pain she has suffered for so long. It's good you're in touch with Rico - he's obviously a wonderful husband, but I'm sure he needs plenty of support too right now. If you talk to him again, please tell him we are thinking of him.

Re: Julie

Pam B on 5/08/02 at 15:57 (083102)

I have already told Rico that him, Laurie and the girls are in our prayers....but I will be sure to tell him again cause you can never hear it too much.......he told me she is in good hands and I told him I never doubted that for a minute.......I know from having surgery myself, you can never have enough support.....:)

Suzanne D on 5/08/02 at 16:03 (083103)

Yes, thanks, Pam, for giving us details and keeping us informed. My daughter had surgery on her foot almost two years ago (small bone 'shaved' that had been broken and had healed back with sharp, rough edges and an inflamed nerve removed) and did very well recovering. However, I know how much pain and discomfort she had for a little while following the surgery. Laurie is continually in my thoughts and prayers as well as her husband and family.

Carmen on 5/08/02 at 18:19 (083117)

Thank you so much for sharing...prayers abound!

wendyn on 5/08/02 at 19:33 (083128)

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Tammie on 5/08/02 at 19:59 (083131)

I am also continuing my prayers for Laurie and her family! I am sorry this has to be short and you all know I love to talk but mother in law arrived safely today and I may be busy for the next few days getting her settled! Love to you Laurie if You see this post I am thinking of you and knowing that you are going to be in good hands! Love tammy

Anthony P on 5/09/02 at 17:22 (083259)

Thank you for the detailed report , : ) Anthony P

Julie on 5/08/02 at 15:48 (083100)

Pam, thanks very much indeed for giving us this full report. It sounds like a very complicated, intricate surgery, and I am praying for Laurie that it all 'works' and that she is freed of at least some of the pain she has suffered for so long. It's good you're in touch with Rico - he's obviously a wonderful husband, but I'm sure he needs plenty of support too right now. If you talk to him again, please tell him we are thinking of him.

Re: Julie

Pam B on 5/08/02 at 15:57 (083102)

I have already told Rico that him, Laurie and the girls are in our prayers....but I will be sure to tell him again cause you can never hear it too much.......he told me she is in good hands and I told him I never doubted that for a minute.......I know from having surgery myself, you can never have enough support.....:)

Suzanne D on 5/08/02 at 16:03 (083103)

Yes, thanks, Pam, for giving us details and keeping us informed. My daughter had surgery on her foot almost two years ago (small bone 'shaved' that had been broken and had healed back with sharp, rough edges and an inflamed nerve removed) and did very well recovering. However, I know how much pain and discomfort she had for a little while following the surgery. Laurie is continually in my thoughts and prayers as well as her husband and family.

Carmen on 5/08/02 at 18:19 (083117)

Thank you so much for sharing...prayers abound!

wendyn on 5/08/02 at 19:33 (083128)

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Tammie on 5/08/02 at 19:59 (083131)

I am also continuing my prayers for Laurie and her family! I am sorry this has to be short and you all know I love to talk but mother in law arrived safely today and I may be busy for the next few days getting her settled! Love to you Laurie if You see this post I am thinking of you and knowing that you are going to be in good hands! Love tammy

Anthony P on 5/09/02 at 17:22 (083259)

Thank you for the detailed report , : ) Anthony P