Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr.'s

Posted by Carmen on 5/09/02 at 17:48 (083268)

I am seeing posts about swelling and pain about after ESWT. I am having it done on the right foot next week....and Dr. Coz told me it would be fine (I havea committment to my sisters kids for a week-2 toddlers) and I am wodnering is the Dornier safer for after effects?

Re: Dr.'s

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/09/02 at 18:10 (083277)

The amount of potential pain and sweling would be proportional to the amount of energy used. Usually the amount of pain and swelling is minimal even after use of the high energy Ossatron.
Ed

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/09/02 at 20:22 (083296)

Carmen:

What is interesting about the Dornier is that we can start at a lower energy setting and slowly increase our energy to patient tolerence. I hope this info helps.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

DR Zuckerman on 5/12/02 at 14:53 (083630)

After doing about 75 ESWT procedures on the dornier epos here is what I can tell you. Most will have very little pain during and after the procedure. There are patients that will have pain for about two days after the procedure but this is rare. Rest, ice time one day and then heat is a very good start for your healing. Are you getting one foot or two done.?
IF you have any doubt do only one foot. The healing can be right away, in one week, or afer six or more weeks.

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/09/02 at 18:10 (083277)

The amount of potential pain and sweling would be proportional to the amount of energy used. Usually the amount of pain and swelling is minimal even after use of the high energy Ossatron.
Ed

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/09/02 at 20:22 (083296)

Carmen:

What is interesting about the Dornier is that we can start at a lower energy setting and slowly increase our energy to patient tolerence. I hope this info helps.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

DR Zuckerman on 5/12/02 at 14:53 (083630)

After doing about 75 ESWT procedures on the dornier epos here is what I can tell you. Most will have very little pain during and after the procedure. There are patients that will have pain for about two days after the procedure but this is rare. Rest, ice time one day and then heat is a very good start for your healing. Are you getting one foot or two done.?
IF you have any doubt do only one foot. The healing can be right away, in one week, or afer six or more weeks.